Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2002, 12:24 PM   #1
Lezah
There is definitely something to be said about a low maintenance cat

Surprise WDW Trip Day 3 & 4

August 18, 2002 - Woke up Sunday, showered and dressed. Flipped a coin and decided to do Epcot. Took the bus and waited 10 to 15 minutes tops. Went to guest relations to activate our Premium Annual Passes. As we were standing in line, I realized that I hadn't put my driver's license in my fanny pack for my picture id. My heart sank as I realized that I'd have to go back to the hotel to get it. Rob said, well, let's try it anyway. I have mine and you have your credit card and Disney club card. They may accept that. I was unsure as I had heard all of the horror stories here on the DIS of having to return to get ID. I handed the CM our 3 vouchers and told her up front that I had forgotten my drivers license at the hotel, but showed her my Amex and DC cards. Rob flipped open his wallet to show his drivers license and firefighter badge and she took one look at them and said that our id would be fine. Rob said to me later, gotta love having the badge. I think we just got a CM who took pity on stupid me. We had skipped breakfsat, but it was now lunchtime. We decided to have lunch at Le Cellier as we'd never been there before and I had wanted to try it, (Dining Reviews to follow). We went right out after getting the creme bulee and cheddar cheese soup recipes from the front desk and got a front row, nicely shaded, seat for our favourite men in kilts, Off Kilter. We love these guys and they're a must see for us. Real crowd pleasers and great music too. Rob finally got his CD this time (Etched in Stone) and is trying to talk me into the other one too. We went to the Land via Ice Station Zero. I like the apple one and of course we all hated Beverley! We than went and got a FP for Living with the Land and saw Circle of Life and Food Rocks while we waited. We used our first ever FP to walk straight on with only about a 5 min wait to LWTL. I love FP. Rob loves this ride, but our tour guide seemed very new and was reading along with the tour. We'll have to try this one later this week. Maybe Wednesday when we have GG PS's for lunch. After coming off the ride, we decided to check out the PH lounge. We were in an elevator full of other new PH's and we couldn't figure out the secret buttons to push on the elevator for a minute or so. When we got there we tried to get Shockwave PS, but the show was too late for us for our first night there. We got some pop and Jordan found the kids room. Rob and I sank into the comfy chairs their and relaxed and talked with the other PH's. Chip and Dale were in the kids room colouring with the kids and then Mickey and Pluto came out and interacted with everyone up there. It was nice not having to line up for pictures, etc. Almost worth the price of admission right there for the character interaction, free pop (well, sort of free), but most of all for the cool haven far from the maddening crowds for a moment anyway. We hung out and visited for about a half hour or so and then headed for Living Seas. As everyone else has said we really missed the ride. Pouring when we left there so on with the ponchos and off to the Universe of Energy. I really like this one, but the dinosaurs at the beginning still freaks Jordan out a bit, but then he settles in and enjoys it. We then went to Wonders of Life and went on Body Wars. Jordan's first real thrill type ride and again he was freaky at first, but then he loved it. Rob gets car sick easily, so I worried about him but he seemed fine afterwards. Did the Making of me as Rob and Jordan hadn't seen it before. They both thought it was very good and we love Martin Short, it was very tastefully and thoughtfully done. Then we did Cranium Command because again they had never done it before and they both really liked it. Things were closing up by then, so we decided to go back to ASMu and let the boys go swimming. I had started to get a sore throat throughout today and by now at 8:30 or so, it was really sore. I took some Tylenol Cold Nightime and got into my jammies while the boys had a swim. We had some snacks at Intermission ($17.18).

Monday, August 19 - Off to MK and got our Scavenger Hunt questions. It's going to take us 2 weeks to get it done, if at all. We then checked out the Fire Hall. Rob could have bought the place out. He settled on 2 great T-shirts and we got Jordan a department badge with his name on it. We had them shipped to our hotel. I love staying onsite. We rode the WDW RR around the circle from Main St. Station and then went round again to ride the Haunted Mansion. Jordan really wanted to ride it, but Rob and I were really not sure he could handle it. His WDW book for kids said it was more funny than scary, but we couldn't talk him out of it. By the time we were in the first room, he was not so sure anymore. He kept his ears covered and eyes closed for most of it and decided that he wasn't going to do that one again. We thought it was hilarious. We did the Hall of President's as we had a bit of time before our LTT PS. We all really love the animatronics of this one. After lunch we came out and got set up for the parade. We were beside a really nice family from Missouri. The dad was saving places with his kid's 2 strollers while Mom had took the kids for ice cream. This lady with a camcorder tries to shove in front of Jordan who was standing in front of me and Rob who were standing in a row 3 deep so as not to take up too much room. When she saw that we weren't going to let he in, she then tried to shove the kids strollers back and stand there while motioning and speaking in another language for the rest of her family to join her there. The dad from Missouri said, I'm sorry but my kids are coming to sit here in a moment and they won't be able to see with you in front. She very begrudgingly and reluctantly moved on down the line with no further success of course. I really hate it when people shove in at the last minute at parades. I can't believe the nerve of some people. Well enough of my rant on this. I have to say that the parade was every bit as good as I had expected. I collect water globe musical boxes, so I really appreciated it. After the parade we got a FP for the Jungle Cruise and saw Pirates of the Caribbean while we waited. We still love Pirates, but the cruise seems a bit old and dated now. We then went into the Tiki room which we all loved. We avoided Toontown and Fantasyland this day as Jordan is older now and we'll check them out another day. We went to Tomorrowland and rode on the TTA, while we were on it the rain started to pour. We got off and donned our ponchos and headed for BL. We got FP and got into the standby line as it was only 35 minutes. I kicked butt this time, Rob got 27000, Jordan got 1500 and I got 127500. It was tons of fun. It was still raining so we went to Main Street bakery and had a snack. By the time we were done, it had stopped raining but we were all tired so we found a family just coming in and gave them our FP for Buzz as they were all gone by this point. Took the bus back to the resort and the boys went swimming again. Tomorrow AK
Old 09-08-2002, 05:26 PM   #2
Marla Hellwig
I am loved by the masses
Addicted to Mickey bars!!
They call it getting lost, I prefer the term "creative exploring"
Ready for the next cruise

A busy but fun two days - I have done LeCellier and Liberty Tree for dinner - but not lunch yet - will have to put that down on my list of things to do - thanks for posting!
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2002, 08:36 PM   #3
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed reading about your very busy days! Thank you!
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Old 09-12-2002, 03:35 PM   #4
yepod
DIS Veteran

Sounds like two fun filled days! Looking forward to the AP lounge, hope it's still open!

Thanks for the report!
8/14 PopC, 9/08 PopC, 11/07 PopC, 7/07 PopC, 11/06 PopC, 7/06 PopC, 10/05 ASMus, 10/04 PopC, 11/03 ASMus, 10/02 POR/AKL, 12/01 CBR, 9/00 POR(DL), 12/97 Off Site, 05/97 Off Site, 05/95 Off Site (Honeymoon!), 05/86 Off Site
Old 09-12-2002, 05:27 PM   #5
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

Great post ...thanks for sharing...

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.
Old 09-12-2002, 05:33 PM   #6
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

Great post ...thanks for sharing...

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: