Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #61
disneydawg10
Earning My Ears

Enjoying your report. I love visiting St. Louis (we have family there we visit). We are going on our first cruise in July on the Dream. The weather really does have to hot for me. I would be one of those in layers of clothing (living in the south for the last 20 years has really thinned my blood). I wasn't going to do the FE on our cruise, but reading your report and seeing all your fabulous goodies, I am seriously reconsidering (I only have 7 more months to decide). Thanks for sharing!
disneydawg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #62
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Toy Story Musical!!!

So after resting in our cabin for like two seconds, we changed clothes and headed to Toy Story The Musical!!!

Awesome show! Loved it. But I do have one complaint: no one in the audience shuts up. Seriously, everyone talked the whole time. It was so annoying. We had never encountered anything like this but during all three musicals, guests talked throughout the whole production...and I don't mean just kids...it was adults too. Am I insane or is wrong for me to think that guests are suppose to be quiet during the show?

Oh I am sure you are thinking why don't you just ssshhh the talkers. Yeah right, you mean the talkers who pretend they don't speak English when they don't want to hear what you are saying. Or how about the fact that I doubt the talkers to my right and left could have heard me over the talkers to the front or behind me.

So this is my one complaint about the cruise. Disney likes to keep everyone happy so there is no ushers to sshhh the talkers, just waiters to serve you alcohol. So please give me another drink so I can enjoy the show.

Even though I could barely hear the show, I did enjoy it. The actor (or maybe actress) who plays Sid was awesome. Sid had a scene where he is singing some song about him being destructive. It was the best scene in the entire musical. All my pictures are blurry cause Sid dances around the entire song.

After the show we headed to...you will never guess...Bingo. Yep Bingo...Pirate Bingo! What can I say, I love Bingo...even if I never win.

DH buying the lotto cards from one of our favorite pirates.

Here is a drink DH ordered. I can only assume it was really really good because by the time I tried to take a sip, DH had already inhaled the drink. I was like...what the heck...but at least he had the decency to look embarrassed.

Someone winning Bingo...which of course wasn't me, but not for a lack of trying. Jen, the Bingo announcer, wanted anyone who only needed one more number to BINGO to stand up to amp up the BINGO pressure. Each session was four Bingo games...we attended five Bingo sessions so that meant we played Bingo 20 times. I stood up 16 times, yeap I was so freakin close 16 times but close ain't good enough in the world of Bingo. But I should have won an award for having the most close calls...cause all the Bingo employees recognized me by the second night. I am pretty sure Jen whispered "Loser" everytime she walked by me.

Oh but wait, we weren't complete losers. Jen raffled out prizes in between games and tonight was Spa night. We won an all day pass to the Rainforest Room. Yeah!!! Not....more on that later. We were excited, I told DH it was a great prize cause I remembered reading several trips reports where guests just go on and on about the Spa and how cool the Rainforest showers are. Remember this later.

Jen, our favorite announcer in her pirate dress. Seriously the girl was funny. I doubt we would have played Bingo so much if it wasn't for her.

So after Bingo we headed to dinner, tonight was Parrot Cay night. It was also the Pirate Party. Since we had late seating, all of the waiters did an excellent job of moving this dinner along so everyone could make it to the party.

Crab artichoke dip

Tuna appetizer. This night I ordered two appetizers. DH and I split this one...he loved it too.

Hmmm, I can't remember what this soup was but whatever it was, it was delicious.

DH had another cold soup. He is now obsessed with cold soups, thanks to the cruise.

Beef Ribeye.

Creme Brulee Cheesecake. The only disappointment for me. I love Creme Bruless but not cheesecake. The combination to me was nasty. I just picked off the sugar layer.

Nelson our server saved the day. He brought this dessert along with our other two just because he thought we might like it. What a sweetie!!!

So after our dinner we headed back to the room for a quick shoe change before the party.

Awww, look at the cute monkey. Monkey Right? My DH thinks it is a turkey...hmmm, I was like Seriously Hubby?

Pics from the pirate buffet, which we didn't partake in. For one we were stuffed from just eating dinner, and two the lines were freakin long, way too long for my stuffed tummy.

But I did enjoy viewing the buffet even if I didn't eat anything.

Wait...who is that...why yes that is Jen (my fave Bingo announcer). She and a male cast member were the hosts. Jen was awesome...and she can dance...really dance. The girl is multi-talented.

We had a blast at the party. We were on deck ten leaning on the railing looking down at the party. We had great view of the show and the fireworks. But we did have a parade moment...you know when you have a really great spot because you got there early...so people come in at the last moment and think they deserve your great spot. Yeah that happened. I had to use my legs and elbows to keep my claim. I think I left bruises...that is what happens when you invade my personal space without the decency of buying me dinner first.
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #63
zerog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975
So after resting in our cabin for like two seconds, we changed clothes and headed to Toy Story The Musical!!!

Awesome show! Loved it. But I do have one complaint: no one in the audience shuts up. Seriously, everyone talked the whole time. It was so annoying. We had never encountered anything like this but during all three musicals, guests talked throughout the whole production...and I don't mean just kids...it was adults too. Am I insane or is wrong for me to think that guests are suppose to be quiet during the show?
I also noticed a lot of crowd noise during the theater performances on my cruise. The most irritating for me, however, were the 2 ladies speaking loudly in what sounded like Spanish , while over 100 people were outside lying on lounge chairs watching Pirates of the Caribbean on the Ariel-Vision. They could have gone anywhere on the ship to have their little chat, but were much too ignorant to realize what was going on around them. And it wasn't just a few whispered words here and there, it was a full blown back-n-forth with no breaths in-between.

Premier - Big Red Boat, 1991
Carnival - Fantasy, 1995
DCL - Wonder 3-nite, May 2007
DCL - Magic 7-nite Eastern, April 2008
DCL - Magic 7-nite Western, May 2009
DCL - Wonder 4-nite, Nov. 2010
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas, July 2013
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas, Oct 2013 (Furlough getaway)
DCL - Dream 4-nite, Nov. 2013 (Thanksgiving)
Carnival - Breeze 6-day, Dec. 2013 (New Years)
Carnival - Sensation 3-day, Apr. 2014 (Easter)
DCL - Dream 4-nite, July 2014 (Independence Day)
zerog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #64
kimberleeJohnston
DIS Veteran

Your report is fantastic. Thanks for sharing all your fun!
kimberleeJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #65
disnewbie108
I left my heart in San Francisco! Wish the USAF would take us back to Travis AFB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
Someone winning Bingo...which of course wasn't me, but not for a lack of trying. Jen, the Bingo announcer, wanted anyone who only needed one more number to BINGO to stand up to amp up the BINGO pressure. Each session was four Bingo games...we attended five Bingo sessions so that meant we played Bingo 20 times. I stood up 16 times, yeap I was so freakin close 16 times but close ain't good enough in the world of Bingo. But I should have won an award for having the most close calls...cause all the Bingo employees recognized me by the second night. I am pretty sure Jen whispered "Loser" everytime she walked by me.

Oh but wait, we weren't complete losers. Jen raffled out prizes in between games and tonight was Spa night. We won an all day pass to the Rainforest Room. Yeah!!! Not....more on that later. We were excited, I told DH it was a great prize cause I remembered reading several trips reports where guests just go on and on about the Spa and how cool the Rainforest showers are. Remember this later.
I loved Jen. She was the reason why I went back to all the sessions on our cruise. She was HILARIOUS! Seems so silly to want to play Bingo when I have a wonderful boat filled with tons of things to do. But that's part of the magic Disney has to offer, something that appeals to everyone. And I loved Jen. We quote her all the time ("jealous" & "please stand up" come to mind). BTW-I did win, just about evey session I played, EXCEPT the final jackpot game. That's OK. Won enough to cover all the games I had played tho! And we won the rainforest prize too. My DH was not a fan. But happy to try it! Did you happen to get to see the B11 dance?

Totally agree about personal space. My biggest pet peeve. Esp. at buffets. Does the person breathing down my deck not see there are 30 people ahead of me, and I cannot move at all! Jeez!

Enjoying the report! Thanks for sharing.

H
Old 12-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #66
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnewbie108 View Post
I loved Jen. She was the reason why I went back to all the sessions on our cruise. She was HILARIOUS! Seems so silly to want to play Bingo when I have a wonderful boat filled with tons of things to do. But that's part of the magic Disney has to offer, something that appeals to everyone. And I loved Jen. We quote her all the time ("jealous" & "please stand up" come to mind). BTW-I did win, just about evey session I played, EXCEPT the final jackpot game. That's OK. Won enough to cover all the games I had played tho! And we won the rainforest prize too. My DH was not a fan. But happy to try it! Did you happen to get to see the B11 dance?

Totally agree about personal space. My biggest pet peeve. Esp. at buffets. Does the person breathing down my deck not see there are 30 people ahead of me, and I cannot move at all! Jeez!

Enjoying the report! Thanks for sharing.

H
You won BINGO! Everyone say "Jealous." Yes I loved Jen. I am pretty sure I saw the B11 dance and all the other crazy dances. Jen and her whole group were so much fun.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #67
kerbertx
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberleeJohnston View Post
Your report is fantastic. Thanks for sharing all your fun!
Agreed!
kerbertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #68
MEK
DIS Veteran

Love your Cruise TR. Very funny and enjoyable. I am learning a lot. My DH just agreed to our first DCL cruise.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #69
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer

I am loving your trip report! We are going on the dream in April. As I look out my window at the massive blizzard we have going on right now I am reading your trip report dreaming of my cruise! Thanks so much for the Nassau info. I was debating whether or not to take mt daughter shopping and now I think I will!
momtoleasawav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #70
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Great trip report. My DH and I did a 3-night on the Wonder back in 2000 (pre-kids) and loved it. 10 years and 2 kids later we are booked on the Magic in March for the Eastern Caribbean. I can't wait. These trip reports are helping me countdown the days.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #71
cam322
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE A car being towed!!! I was amused. I know so terrible of me to laugh at someone's problem...shame on me...but "Parking Wars" is one of my favorite reality shows.QUOTE]

That's funny, I work for the Parking Authority in Philadelphia @ the impound lot where they film!!
cam322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #72
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm loving this report! We were considering going on the 3 day wonder on Dec 9th, but then my DH had to have surgery so it was out. We are now planning at this point and time to hit WDW in March, but I still keep thinking, maybe we should do a 4 day Dream cruise. I can't make up my mind. We do have a 6 YO DD, and I think she would be happy either way. She was really excited about the cruise whne we talked about it before...and she really wants to go to a beach.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #73
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Thank you for reading!!!!

Thank you everyone for reading and thanks for all the compliments. Now that Christmas is over with, I have more time to write!

Now that we are officially booked for our second cruise, we are Castaway Club members and the freebies have already started rolling in ;-). We received a magnetic picture frame to hang on the fridge in the mail the other day. My DH was like "Wow It is cardboard, they sure go all out." [insert sarcasm here]. I just smacked him and said "Free is Free." I actually like the picture frame.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #74
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Castaway Cay Day...

So we get up early and the first thing I do is check our FE, very very important.

Yeah, we got a paint brush which doubles as a "sand duster." very very clever idea indeed!!!

Oh look we are already docked at Castaway Cay, view from our room.

We head to Triton's for breakfast. Service was awesome as usual.

Poached eggs, I am impressed cause it wasn't on the menu. I asked and so they made. Yes I felt very special at that moment.

So after breakfast we disembark from the boat. Not that many people disembarked early. I was surprised but very happy. We felt like we had the island to ourselves for like 20 minutes.

This Christmas tree was right when you get off the boat at Castaway Cay. Cast members hand you towels right when you disembark so no need to bring your own towels. Plus cast members try to sell you bottled water and a cooler to keep your bottled water cold. (they did that at Nassau too).

I was just amused at Disney trying to sell you water when technically you can get it free at the concession stands. Plus I am not a big bottled water fan since most bottled water is just purified water which isn't any healthier for you then tap water. Wait...I am so sorry...just went off on a bottled water tangent. Back to the cruise...but wait one more tangent. If you think Disney's $3 water is expensive, go to a Blue's Hockey Game...$5 a bottle.

Castaway Cay has tons of cute decorations to take pictures of. I will try not to bore you with too many, just my favorites

Old 12-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #75
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Don't worry about boring us. I would love to see all the pictures! LOL!

One question, do you get to bring towels off the ship at CC, or do they have them on the island...or both?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: