Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #241
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
Hi all -- sorry to come late to the party (and resurrect an old thread), but I read the books beginning early this year, and just got Season 1 from the library and watched all 10 episodes in 4 days! I haven't read all of this thread, but I thought most of Season 1 was pretty true to the book (didn't like the Knight of Flowers/Renly thing AT ALL).

Season 3 in March of next year -- I'll either have to wait for Season 2 from the library or get HBO and watch it on demand!
If you didn't like Renly and the Knight of Flowers in Season 1, you won't be pleased with them in Season 2 either.

(hey, they were a couple in the books too!)

I did enjoy Season 2, even though they took more liberties from the books. The books are so massive (and I agree with Jenasis, bloated) that I think even with the series format they need to condense the story, and they've done it really well. The Blackwater episode was one of the best of the series.

Looking forward to Season 3!
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #242
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
If you didn't like Renly and the Knight of Flowers in Season 1, you won't be pleased with them in Season 2 either.

(hey, they were a couple in the books too!)
I never caught that! Maybe that's why I didn't like it, because it seemed like an unnecessary invention. But I know there was no scene like the "shaving" scene in one of the first episodes.

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #243
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
I never caught that! Maybe that's why I didn't like it, because it seemed like an unnecessary invention. But I know there was no scene like the "shaving" scene in one of the first episodes.
Yeah, the shaving scene was definitely invented in the show. And they have a little bedroom action in season 2 that wasn't in the books either.

There were never any 'scenes' in the books, but it was expressed a number of times. The most direct I remember was a moment when Jamie threatens Loras by saying he'd stick him in places "even Renly never stuck you", or something like that.

I hadn't seen it at first either, but as the books went on, I was realized there was definitely something going on with the two of them just from how Loras acted and the way other characters talked about them.
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #244
Hidden_Mickey
DIS Veteran

Since the end of season 2, I have read books 1, 2, 3 and am 30% through book 4. Season 3 consists of the first half of book 3, and will consist of 11 episodes. Well, after reading book 3, I'm eager to see how they bring it to life. At this point in my reading, so much has happened that I sometimes forget who a character is, or parts of their backstory. Some lesser characters pop back in. LuckilyWikipedia is amazing! Although I inadvertently read a couple of spoilers :-( I think it returns on March 31st. Who else is psyched?!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #245
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

I am psyched! Now if we could just get Martin off his sofa and back at finishing his next book....
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: