Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #76
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry you got sick on your vacation, that stinks.

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #77
Suz D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha View Post
Our first exploration of the "fast food" on deck 9 was highly successful.

After my dad found me by the adult pool, he asked what there was to eat. After explaining some of the options, he wandered back there and picked up food for the both of us.

My Dad got the Ceasar Chicken Sandwich.

The fries were incredible!

I told my dad I didn't care what we got but I wanted fries. I could smell them as people would bring them by and wow - did they smell good. They were hot, fresh fried, and not salty.
Did you get the Ceasar Chicken Sandwich at the same place as the cheeseburger? I think our daughter would just LOVE that!

We always get a basket of chicken fingers and fries for our family to share at the sail away party. I totally agree with you that the fries are delish! I'm really enjoying your pics!
Suz D is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #78
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
I'm so sorry you got sick on your vacation, that stinks.
Thanks. I was just glad that I'd packed pretty much the entire medicine cabinet because at least that gave me some relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz D View Post
Did you get the Ceasar Chicken Sandwich at the same place as the cheeseburger? I think our daughter would just LOVE that!

We always get a basket of chicken fingers and fries for our family to share at the sail away party. I totally agree with you that the fries are delish! I'm really enjoying your pics!
Yes - the chicken ceasar sandwich comes from the same place as the burgers. The chicken is a little spicy but very good. I believe you can also get it without the ceasar stuff as well.

Last edited by PrincessTrisha; 12-26-2010 at 02:07 PM.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #79
PrincessTrisha

Room Service

After going out galavanting (I know I went to see a movie but not sure where my parents ended up), we all ended up back in the room. I needed a "nap" (ended up in bed until 5pm the next day) but my parents ordered room service.

My dad had the lasagna. He said this was very good and he wishes he had tried it earlier in the week because he would have liked to have it a few times.

My mom had the ham and turkey and cheese sandwiches with chips. She liked the sandwich but didn't eat most of the bun.

My dad had the cake of the day. I think it was a mocha something.

My mom had two oatmeal cookies. These were big and soft. They went very well with her hot tea. These were something I wished we'd tried earlier in the week.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #80
PrincessTrisha

Semi Formal Night

I can't believe I missed the dinner I was most looking forward to all week! I missed my lobster tail!

My parents went anyways....

Bread:

Shrimp:

Salad:

Chicken with fettecini:

Blue cheese risotto:

Panko Breaded Pork Cutlet:

My dad also ordered the venison but wasn't too thrilled with it. He said it was the one menu that didn't have any beef on it Checking the online menus, that's correct and surprising!

I have no pictures of desserts from this night so I'm assumiing that they didn't get any.

Our assistant server was so concerned about me missing dinner that he walked my parents down to the cabin and brought me a lobster tail dinner. I took the lid off and looked at it - it was a big, beautiful, meaty looking tail. One whiff though had me running to the bathroom Biggest disappointment of the trip - missing my lobster.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #81
akluss
Mouseketeer

I am so sorry you missed your lobster, that is the best dinner on the Ship!! Your report has been very enjoyable and I am looking forward to the rest. I am glad you got to enjoy most of the food on your cruise!! Karyn
akluss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #82
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan

Quote:
I really loved most of the fish dishes on the Magic. I'll certainly be doing a review for my Carnival Dream cruises (back to back in March). But they'll be posted on another "cruise" board that's very "critic"al . I post over there a meatloafsfan.

I should have some more mouth water pics up this afternoon.

My best advice after doing my "first cruise" is RELAX. The first couple of days I felt guilty because I didn't go to the shows or events. Once I realized that it was okay to just relax and read and swim and drink, I had a great cruise.

The rum floater was a bonus from "John". I just ordered a regular Pina Colada. Best advice is to find a server or bartender and stick with him (or her). The drinks of the day were a good value and keep an ear out for drink specials (as we were leaving Grand Cayman, they had 2 for 1 DOD's and I hear that around 2pm on Castaway Cay they also offer 2 for 1). I also preferred to order drinks from outside bars because I liked the size of glass better than from indoor places (which seemed to use tall, thin glasses which to me held less but that may have been an illusion). Oh, and watch your bills, most of the time I was never charged the same price twice for the same drink.

meatloafan I am with you I am kimmie36 I will be looking for you, keep up the good work!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 04:28 AM   #83
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Sorry no pictures from Pirate Night. I changed memory cards just before dinner and for some reason the card didn't save any of them! Everything seemed fine when taking the picture, it would show them on the screen just like usual, but when I went to review - no pictures. Gone are the food and the Pirate Party photos
My pics from that night are not the greatest, we have mostly video.

Quote:
I can tell you that I wasn't thrilled with this menu.
I'm not either- it is my least favorite by far. We actually used to go to Palo on Pirate Night.

Quote:
It was difficult for my mom to find something that she'd like and could eat. She's allergic to crab and calamari (so the conch was out as well since she's never had it and didn't want to risk a reaction). And anything spicy is out for her as well. She ordered the grilled shrimp and scallops with pasta. It was okay but not great - the shrimps and scallops were very "fishy" tonight.

This was the only meal where I didn't eat one of the entrees. I ordered the beef short ribs and the mahi mahi. The sauce on the short ribs was too sweet but otherwise this meal was "okay". The macadamia nut dusted mahi mahi did not taste good at all. I was hoping it would be what they used to serve at Kona (so, so good) but it was kind of heavily crusted and just had an off flavour.
Agreed- we tried that one time as well and it was soggy and mushy and like you said had a strange taste.

Quote:
My dad got the beef short ribs and the sirloin of beef. He felt the same way about the ribs as I did. His beef came out over cooked tonight (well done) but he wasn't in the mood to complain to the server or wait for another one.
I do have one pic for you, most of what we selected was not what you ate that evening. But I believe this is the sirloin of beef:

Quote:
On this night, after reviewing the menu I can't even remember if we ordered dessert. Nothing jumps out at me - so if we did, it wasn't memorable.
We had Mickey Bars and I had the Walk the Plank Triple Layered Chocolate cake, but since I hadn't eaten my dinner I must have eaten it too fast to have gotten a picture!!!

I do have some of the dining room limbo!!!

Your character breakfast pictures are great!!! I am so sorry you took ill the next day!!! That stinks!!!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #84
PrincessTrisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by akluss View Post
I am so sorry you missed your lobster, that is the best dinner on the Ship!! Your report has been very enjoyable and I am looking forward to the rest. I am glad you got to enjoy most of the food on your cruise!! Karyn
Almost finished - I have one more dinner to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
My pics from that night are not the greatest, we have mostly video.

I'm not either- it is my least favorite by far. We actually used to go to Palo on Pirate Night.
Agreed- we tried that one time as well and it was soggy and mushy and like you said had a strange taste.

I do have one pic for you, most of what we selected was not what you ate that evening. But I believe this is the sirloin of beef:

We had Mickey Bars and I had the Walk the Plank Triple Layered Chocolate cake, but since I hadn't eaten my dinner I must have eaten it too fast to have gotten a picture!!!

I do have some of the dining room limbo!!!

Your character breakfast pictures are great!!! I am so sorry you took ill the next day!!! That stinks!!!!
thanks for your pictures. We're doing b2b 4/3 night cruises on the Dream next year (Oct 30 / Nov 3). I think there is a Pirate night on the 4 day - if so, I'm going to try to get Palo's for that night. For us, once is enough.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #85
PrincessTrisha

Till We Meet Again

I stayed in bed almost all day - no castaway cay for me . My parents did go for a little while (to give me peace to sleep). I know they had hotdogs at some point today (which they proclaimed as really, really good) but I don't know what else.

By the time dinner rolled around, I'd taken enough medication to stop most of the symtoms and was feeling a little light headed so my parents suggested I go to dinner to eat something. If I started feeling unwell, I could always leave. I also wanted to deliver the tip envelopes to our outstanding wait team.

For starters:

Lobster bisque. My dad joked that they probably made this out of all of the bits of lobster that came back after last night's dinner. That's doubtful but it is believable that they use the un-served lobster tails to make it.

Grilled chicken satay. Both of my parents ordered this. It was good, with a little spice.

For entrees:

Lamb sirloin (sorry - blurry picture). My mom enjoyed the lamb and potatoes. The bacon that wrapped the green beans was woefully undercooked which made her set the vegetables aside since she didn't want to eat the beans that were touching the "close to raw" bacon.

My Dad ordered the grilled tenderloin - two steaks, one plate (didn't want the extra sides. The steaks were perfect - very tender and juicy. He loved them both. The "William Potato" however was declared the blandest thing on the cruise - it was cute however, shaped like a pear.

Considering I wasn't feeling well, I was surprised when I still ordered to entrees. I just wasn't sure what I'd be able to handle and I knew the one would be popular with the table anyways....

I ordered the seafood pasta with a white wine sauce. This was so good. I had maybe two or three bites of the pasta and the piece of lobster. My mom and dad ate the shrimps and scallops off of it. This dish was very good and I really wish I was feeling better because I could have easily finished this.

The second thing I ordered was the Portobello Moussaka. It was okay but I mostly stuck to eating the mashed potatoes on top. I ordered it because I love moussaka (especially vegetable moussaka) but I shouldn't have gotten it. It's one of those cases were we have such an abundance of greek food here at home, I should have avoided dishes that I knew would not live up to my expectations.

For dessert my mom got whatever the sundae was for that night (sorry I don't recall the flavour - but it was obviously something with chocolate)

And my dad ordered the chocolate decadance:

Since we had such a long drive ahead of us, we decided to skip breakfast and we were debarked the ship around 7:15am (among the first). We had a porter grab our luggage and breezed through customs (one good thing about being a non resident - since we weren't leaving anything in the US, we didn't have to declare any purchases at that time) and the porter brought our luggage right to the car (we were parked in the lot right across the street, first row). From the time we left our cabin to pulling out of the parking it was an hour total. Very easy, very smooth.

We stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the highway for real coffee and spent Saturday and Sunday on the road home.

My only regret is because I got sick at the end of the trip a) I missed my lobster tail and b) I didn't book another trip on board.

things worked out okay though - Disney sent me an offer for 10% off another cruise (if booked by January 5th) so we're now booked on B2B cruises on the new Disney Dream Oct 30 & Nov 3 next year, Category 5E Cabin 5552 (another wheelchair accessible balcony). Very happy about the two stops at Castaway Cay!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:49 AM   #86
akluss
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great report. I hope you do one for your Dream cruises next year. Karyn
akluss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #87
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

So happy you still got to book your cruises- a BTB sounds heavenly!!

I had that pasta the last night, too- it was delicious! One of my favorite things all week.

Thanks so much for your pics- and again- so sorry you got sick on the cruise!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #88
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear your were sick! My DD was sick on our first cruise but it was at 3am on debark day. That was fun getting home! As for the lobster I am allergic but I am sure they will find something for me Loved the report and sad to hear it's over

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
tinkmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #89
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Trisha, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful report with all of us. It was great to read about all of your delectable delights from the cruise, and bring back all those great memories....wishin' I could have a Mickey Bar right about now! And also thank you for the food pictures, they are drool inducing. I'm sorry to see it come to an end!!

Jen

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #90
belle'ssister
Belle's Sister

Trisha, that's my daigjhter's name too, your report was great. I'm going on the Mexico cruise in March and can't wait to try the things you liked.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: