Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #61
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

What a great report!! I am really enjoying it- your balcony was awesome!!! I hope you were able to enjoy it alot. You ate so many things that were different than what we had, it's great to see (and hear) what the rest of the cuise food was like- although we really thought the food was very good on this cruise.

can't wait for more!
podsnel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #62
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Trisha, this is so awesome, keep it coming!

I lost a lot of pictures, I think it is a glitch in my memory card (hopefully) or my camera (hopefully not!), including all of our food pics from the first night so I'm enjoying reliving what we ate through your TR. (OK now I'm hungry!!!)

We had a similar problem - I don't have any pictures of Pirate night because I changed memory cards and there was something wrong with the new one I put in. Good thing I always travel with 5 or 6 memory cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
love all the food pictures, makes me hungry each time I read
More pictures coming up shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
What a great report!! I am really enjoying it- your balcony was awesome!!! I hope you were able to enjoy it alot. You ate so many things that were different than what we had, it's great to see (and hear) what the rest of the cuise food was like- although we really thought the food was very good on this cruise.

can't wait for more!
That's one of the nice things about travelling as a group of 3 adults, we can try so many different dishes
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #63
PrincessTrisha

Breakfast - Cozumel Day

So before heading off for a few hours of shopping, we stopped and had breakfast in the diningroom (lumiere's). I was supposed to go on a tour today but Cozumel was actually 2 hours behind ship time and the tour would have left at 12:00pm ship time and was supposed to be 5.5 hours and I figured it was just cutting it too close. Plus, it was super hot and I just wasn't feeling like a day of drinking.

Anyways - breakfast:

Vegetable Frittata - this was okay but used powdered eggs and some odd vegetables.

My Dad's standard two pancakes:

Scrambled eggs, bacon, hash brown, ham, sausage:

Waffles with dulce de leche cream:

I think this was the beast's breakfast - it was eggs, fried onions, baked beans served on a piece of bread. I don't know why but it wasn't what I was expecting.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #64
PrincessTrisha

Drinks and Lunch

By the adult pool - a couple more drinks:

Pineapple Mojito and a Pina Colava

Room Service lunch:

Steak Sandwich:

Tuna in Brioche:

Cheese Plate:

Cake of the day:

Old 12-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #65
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan

This food report is absolutely FOODTASTIC I just got off the Freedom Of the Seas and it made me appreciate Disney’s Cruise line food that much more! The first night they had Sea Bass on the menu I ordered it and what they brought me I will never know, but what I did know was that it was not Sea Bass. The Sea Bass on the Wonder was one of my favorite meals. I will be trying Carnival again; I hope that you do a food report on that trip. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on Carnival’s Food. Thank you for sharing I can’t wait to set sail on the Disney Dream next year!
PS. I just love the way that you are with your parents!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #66
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran

Love the report! My mouth is watering lol!

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
tinkmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #67
gardengirl628
I'm sorry I bit you....and pulled your hair....and punched you in the face.

Great report! We leave 2 months from today on our first cruise....so I'm trying to take it all in! Thanks for sharing!

Dana
WDW-offsite 1977, 1984; Dixie Landings November 1998; CSR June 2007; AKL November/December 2009; BWV/Western Magic/BLT February 2011; BCV July 2011; BLT/3 day Dream October 2012; HHI April 2013; BW August 2013
gardengirl628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #68
GiddyRhino
Earning My Ears

Wow, PrincessTrisha, that is one tasty trip report!

I'm leaving for the Western also on January 22nd and you've been a great help! The two friends I'm going with were already advised of my "We must order different items and take pictures before eating" rule and are completely afraid of me now!

Please tell us which drinks were great and which not so much. Also, I saw you mention a rhum floater, was it because the drinks were too weak?

Thanks a bunch for doing all this!
GiddyRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:37 AM   #69
PrincessTrisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan&Kimberly View Post
This food report is absolutely FOODTASTIC I just got off the Freedom Of the Seas and it made me appreciate Disney’s Cruise line food that much more! The first night they had Sea Bass on the menu I ordered it and what they brought me I will never know, but what I did know was that it was not Sea Bass. The Sea Bass on the Wonder was one of my favorite meals. I will be trying Carnival again; I hope that you do a food report on that trip. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on Carnival’s Food. Thank you for sharing I can’t wait to set sail on the Disney Dream next year!
PS. I just love the way that you are with your parents!!!
I really loved most of the fish dishes on the Magic. I'll certainly be doing a review for my Carnival Dream cruises (back to back in March). But they'll be posted on another "cruise" board that's very "critic"al . I post over there a meatloafsfan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkmom2 View Post
Love the report! My mouth is watering lol!
I should have some more mouth water pics up this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl628 View Post
Great report! We leave 2 months from today on our first cruise....so I'm trying to take it all in! Thanks for sharing!
My best advice after doing my "first cruise" is RELAX. The first couple of days I felt guilty because I didn't go to the shows or events. Once I realized that it was okay to just relax and read and swim and drink, I had a great cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiddyRhino View Post
Wow, PrincessTrisha, that is one tasty trip report!

I'm leaving for the Western also on January 22nd and you've been a great help! The two friends I'm going with were already advised of my "We must order different items and take pictures before eating" rule and are completely afraid of me now!

Please tell us which drinks were great and which not so much. Also, I saw you mention a rhum floater, was it because the drinks were too weak?

Thanks a bunch for doing all this!
The rum floater was a bonus from "John". I just ordered a regular Pina Colada. Best advice is to find a server or bartender and stick with him (or her). The drinks of the day were a good value and keep an ear out for drink specials (as we were leaving Grand Cayman, they had 2 for 1 DOD's and I hear that around 2pm on Castaway Cay they also offer 2 for 1). I also preferred to order drinks from outside bars because I liked the size of glass better than from indoor places (which seemed to use tall, thin glasses which to me held less but that may have been an illusion). Oh, and watch your bills, most of the time I was never charged the same price twice for the same drink.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #70
PrincessTrisha

Pirate Night

Sorry no pictures from Pirate Night. I changed memory cards just before dinner and for some reason the card didn't save any of them! Everything seemed fine when taking the picture, it would show them on the screen just like usual, but when I went to review - no pictures. Gone are the food and the Pirate Party photos

I can tell you that I wasn't thrilled with this menu. It was difficult for my mom to find something that she'd like and could eat. She's allergic to crab and calamari (so the conch was out as well since she's never had it and didn't want to risk a reaction). And anything spicy is out for her as well. She ordered the grilled shrimp and scallops with pasta. It was okay but not great - the shrimps and scallops were very "fishy" tonight.

This was the only meal where I didn't eat one of the entrees. I ordered the beef short ribs and the mahi mahi. The sauce on the short ribs was too sweet but otherwise this meal was "okay". The macadamia nut dusted mahi mahi did not taste good at all. I was hoping it would be what they used to serve at Kona (so, so good) but it was kind of heavily crusted and just had an off flavour.

My dad got the beef short ribs and the sirloin of beef. He felt the same way about the ribs as I did. His beef came out over cooked tonight (well done) but he wasn't in the mood to complain to the server or wait for another one.

On this night, after reviewing the menu I can't even remember if we ordered dessert. Nothing jumps out at me - so if we did, it wasn't memorable.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #71
PrincessTrisha

Character Breakfast

When I got up this morning, I wasn't feeling too great. I was going to skip the breakfast so my parents went. After they left I starting feeling like I should go (cause you only get one chance at it) so I put on my swimsuit and a coverup dress and went down to Parrot Cay.

My parents had already ordered but our servers had no problem getting me something to eat.

My mom started with fruit and yogurt:

It was a little strange because the fruit was cut up into tiny pieces but it tasted fine.

My dad started with his traditional "2 pancakes"

For their entrees they each got a plate of hot food as well:

My dad went with the "Can't decide?"

My mom had the Hawaiian Shores

I just had fruit and rye toast (sorry no picture).

Let's face it - you don't go to a character meal on board the ship for the food. It was passable but not something I'd rush back for. The characters are great though!

This was actually my last meal until Friday night. I went from not feeling well to GREEN. I must have picked up a stomach bug because I spent the next day and a half in bed and felt absolutely awful all the way home (let me tell you, driving for two days feeling like you're going to hurl is no fun).

There are more pictures though because my parents were troupers and still managed to munch their way along the rest of the cruise.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #72
kimberleeJohnston
DIS Veteran

Love your report! I am now starving!
kimberleeJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #73
GiddyRhino
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha View Post
The rum floater was a bonus from "John". I just ordered a regular Pina Colada. Best advice is to find a server or bartender and stick with him (or her). The drinks of the day were a good value and keep an ear out for drink specials (as we were leaving Grand Cayman, they had 2 for 1 DOD's and I hear that around 2pm on Castaway Cay they also offer 2 for 1). I also preferred to order drinks from outside bars because I liked the size of glass better than from indoor places (which seemed to use tall, thin glasses which to me held less but that may have been an illusion). Oh, and watch your bills, most of the time I was never charged the same price twice for the same drink.
Thank you for the tip on sticking on one bartender, I'll look around for the cutest one! Maybe I'll check for John!

I have to say, you look so happy in the last pictures... And your Mom looks so mischievous!

Your opinion confirms what I felt with the Pirate menu, so I'm happy I chose this night to go eat at Palo!

Thanks for the nice details, your TR rocks!
GiddyRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:28 PM   #74
PrincessTrisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiddyRhino View Post
Thank you for the tip on sticking on one bartender, I'll look around for the cutest one! Maybe I'll check for John!

I have to say, you look so happy in the last pictures... And your Mom looks so mischievous!

Your opinion confirms what I felt with the Pirate menu, so I'm happy I chose this night to go eat at Palo!

Thanks for the nice details, your TR rocks!
John is a great server. He called me by name after the first day. He's also very cute
Old 12-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #75
PrincessTrisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberleeJohnston View Post
Love your report! I am now starving!
The food is so good - I look back and wish I'd been able to try more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: