Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2010, 06:18 AM   #31
farah
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for doing this. We leave in March and this helps so much! Awsome food trip report!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:20 AM   #32
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

A couple of drinks

I spent some time on deck 9 by the cove cafe / adult pool relaxing and reading my book this day. I sat in one of the comfy chairs by cove cafe for most of the time. My parents went off shopping and played Bingo and explored the ship.

I ordered a drink of the day (but didn't get a picture).

Then I ordered a Pina Colada (I actually ordered a Pina CoLAVA but I don't think he heard me right).

It was funny - the one server asked for my card but the other server (John) didn't - he just asked me to fill out the slip. He also learned my name after the first time he served me and called me by name every time he saw me after that (for the next few days).

Pina Colada (with a rum floater)

I later ordered a banana daquiri. I drank it but wasn't thrilled with it - it was a little too thick for my taste.

I was feeling pretty okay when my Dad wandered up to find me. My mom was having a nap and he was hungry.
PrincessTrisha is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2010, 06:30 AM   #33
PrincessTrisha

Lunch by the pool

Our first exploration of the "fast food" on deck 9 was highly successful.

After my dad found me by the adult pool, he asked what there was to eat. After explaining some of the options, he wandered back there and picked up food for the both of us.

My Dad got the Ceasar Chicken Sandwich.

It was good - the chicken was little spicy, the cheese was tasty and the ceasar salad was quite dressing-ing. The fries were incredible!

I told my dad I didn't care what we got but I wanted fries. I could smell them as people would bring them by and wow - did they smell good. They were hot, fresh fried, and not salty.

For me he got a taco - full of jalapenos, sour cream and other good stuff. This was the best taco ever! (my drinking may have had something to do with that though - food always tastes better after you've been drinking).

After my mom woke up, he went and got her something as well:

Cheeseburger and a chicken ceasar sandwich. The chicken was too spicy for her but she liked the cheeseburger.

Before dinner we had a few snacks but those will need to wait cause I need to go to work!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:32 AM   #34
PrincessTrisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by farah View Post
Thank you so much for doing this. We leave in March and this helps so much! Awsome food trip report!
It's nice to be able to go back over the trip and relive the great times. Have a great cruise in March (I'm cruising Carnival in March so I'll see how the food - and everything else - compares).
Old 12-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #35
akluss
Mouseketeer

Very enjoyable report and great pictures! My family loves the first night dinner menu and I also thought the eggs benedict your Mom had at brunch were delicious. It is so great to relive all the wonderful food. Thanks for this, Karyn
akluss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #36
BettyBeBop
Mouseketeer

What a fun TR! Your pictures are delicious! This makes me super impatient for my 10/2011 cruise!!!

BettyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #37
diheartsdisney
Earning My Ears

Great job!

I am absolutely loving your cruise food review. I have a cruise coming up next month and it is so helpful for me to see pictures and read your opinions. Thanks!
diheartsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #38
clayfolks
Mouseketeer

Thank you SO much. Really enjoying your report!

CBR Jan '90 * POFQ May '94, Jan '06, Jan '09, Feb '10 * AKL Jambo May '10 & Pop Century & AKL Kidani Sept '10 * Pop Sept, Nov '10 * SSR & BWV Jan '11
* Ireland Road Trip! Mar '11 * AK Kidani Sept '11 * SSMC Sept '11 * BLT Sept '11 * AK Kidani Jan '12! * AK Kidani Nov '12 * Pop Century Feb '13 * AK Jambo Club Level Feb '13 * OKW May '13 * OKW Oct '13 * AK Kidani Jan '14 *
clayfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #39
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Great TR, subbing in and awaiting more food pictures!!!!!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #40
heatherbelle
DIS Veteran

Ooooo, this thread is good, at least now I can check out the food before we go. Thank you for writing it. I've subscribed to it.
2005 - WDW -Off site LBV, 2006 WDW Regal Palms, 2007 - WDW Regal Palms, 2008 - Disney Old Key West, 2009 - Disneyland LA/SD, 2010 Yacht Club, 2011 Med Disney Cruise. 2012 Yacht Club again! 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med, 2014- Carnival Breeze & Yacht Club .
heatherbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #41
PrincessTrisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by akluss View Post
Very enjoyable report and great pictures! My family loves the first night dinner menu and I also thought the eggs benedict your Mom had at brunch were delicious. It is so great to relive all the wonderful food. Thanks for this, Karyn
You're very welcome. I couldn't believe how consistently good the food was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBeBop View Post
What a fun TR! Your pictures are delicious! This makes me super impatient for my 10/2011 cruise!!!
Relax - your cruise will get here - it'll go from "oh it's so far away" to "OMG, I'm not ready yet!" in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diheartsdisney View Post
I am absolutely loving your cruise food review. I have a cruise coming up next month and it is so helpful for me to see pictures and read your opinions. Thanks!
Best advice - try everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayfolks View Post
Thank you SO much. Really enjoying your report!
Very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Great TR, subbing in and awaiting more food pictures!!!!!
More pictures coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherbelle View Post
Ooooo, this thread is good, at least now I can check out the food before we go. Thank you for writing it. I've subscribed to it.
Thanks for subscribing.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #42
PrincessTrisha

A few snacks before dinner

Let me just say - you get really used to having dessert on the cruise. So much so that no meal really feels complete until you've had something sweet.

So since we'd had lunch but no dessert - well......

My Dad went up to the buffet to see what desserts they had and brought back:

Ermm, that's not right is it? Do they look like sweet gooey goodness? He was looking around all of deck nine and spoted the wraps and sandwiches so he picked up two shrimp wraps and a turkey sandwich.

He also brought back:

They were chocolate cups with custard and strawberry and a cup of some other kind of custard as well. Neither of these were very good.

This lead us back to the room service menu.....

"Yes, could we please have two cakes of the day? And what other sweets do you have? Oh yes, we'll have three of those please!"

Mickey Ice cream bars! We ordered these several times through room service during the trip. Just like at the parks - these were so good - rich chocolate, premium ice cream. Practically worth the cost of the cruise alone.

Cake of the day today was Black Forest Cake.

My parents said it was good. I don't like cherries so I don't tend to eat blackforest cake.

They seemed to serve the same cake of the day at least two days in a row all cruise. I don't know if it was because people weren't ordering it or if that's normal?

So that was all until dinner. Tonight was Formal night so we took some time to get into our finery before going down to dinner.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #43
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Yum, I am now starving! Great pictures.
Sleeping*Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #44
diheartsdisney
Earning My Ears

sailaway package

I keep looking at your pictures of the sailaway package. It is very enticing! I'm considering it for our upcoming Panama Canal repositioning cruise. It's funny, but the price doesn't seem that expensive. I would love to add a little surprise for the rest of my traveling party. I wish we had a lovely balcony to enjoy them on like yours, but I am just thrilled to be going on the cruise.

Also, I appreciate your take on the dessert trios. I think I will take your advice and order the full size versions and share between my kids and I.
diheartsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #45
seasideliz
Mouseketeer

Great food report.... what I really wanna know though is..... what kind of balcony did you have, that is outstanding and would make my trip complete
seasideliz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: