Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
Discover Epcot
Discover Epcot

I finished Drink Around the World.

WOW! I have seen a lot of people start the epic trek around the world showcase with the intent to drink at every country. I am a large guy myself. I thought I could do it with no problems. The answer is yes I could do it with no problems, but just like everything else in life I had a couple of curve balls thrown at me and I ended up drinking MORE than the 11 countries + Cool Post.

I had lunch at Via Napoli and decided to have a beer with my lunch. Then proceeded to go to Mexico to start the clockwise trek around the lagoon. Mexico-Tequila Flight, Norway-Beer, China-Beer, Cool Post-Beer, Germany-Beer, Italy-Another Beer, America-Beer, Japan-Beer, Morocco-Beer, France-Beer, UK-Beer, then I found a missing blue tooth ear piece for someone in the pub-FREE BEER, Canada-Beer.

This was a brutal journey that took almost 8 hours for my group to complete. I have seen people start it and skip countries or even quit after three or four countries. If you have ever completed the trek around the world I would love to hear your story!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
lnk1229
Romance at Disney...

Trip Planned Soon!

Hello!!

I am going to WDW in 2 days and I have every intention of drinking around the world with my DBF. I am a "cheap date" and my DBF put it so eloquently on our first official date... (I prefer a "light-weight").. and I hope to make it around the Worlds without embarrassing myself or scaring too many DISers!!

haha- glad you enjoyed your trip!
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

My husband and I have started this many times, but usually fizzle out after a couple of hours! I think we have done it all the way around once, but I'm sure that involved sharing drinks....
THere's always next time:we'll be back there in a week and a half!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
Discover Epcot
Discover Epcot

Drink responsibly

My group and I documented the whole process. I can't wait to watch the video. I think it is going to be ridiculous when I cut all the video clips together. Remember always drink responsibly. We stayed at the Boardwalk and just walked back to bed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: