Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

SuRpRiSe IN 10 HOURS! All It Takes is Faith & Trust….Our Very Merry SuRpRiSe TRiP!

All It Takes is Faith & Trust….Our Very Merry SuRpRiSe TRiP

Ok, I’m going to give my first PTR a try…Hope you join this adventure with us!

I had a hard time coming up with a name, for this trip… I decided on “All It Takes is Faith & Trust -- Our Very Merry SuRpRiSe TRiP.” I have a big reveal planned to surprise 3 soon to be very happy kids. I will tell more about the * SuRpRiSe * in my next post. I’ve been working on it for months! HiNT: It involves balloons, candy, a Magic Elf, a stuffed Mickey and more!

“All It Takes is Faith & Trust & A Little Bit of Pixie Dust…” [/B]
I wasn’t sure when I’d ever make it back to the World…After 7 trips since 2000, including a Grand Gathering trip with my family in January 2008, DH claimed that it was our last trip.

Fast-forward to December 2008….DH gives me a small box to open & inside is a stuffed Mickey. Best gift ever: the ‘go-ahead’ to plan another trip!!

The trip was planned for November 2009 – Jersey Week, but then DH lost his job in the summer of 2009 so plans had to be put off. DH started working again in September, 2010 so the trip was rescheduled for December 2010… Hurray!

So, we are FiNaLLy going again – in two weeks!!
.......And the kids don’t know yet!

THE DATES
December 4 – December 12 -- as many days as I could get DH to agree to!

THE RESORT
Port Orleans Riverside – great for the size of our family and the size of our budget
I requested building 14, 18 or 27…hoping for a little pixie dust

OTHER DETAILS
I received an email PIN so we booked in May for FREE DINING ☺
We are driving from NJ. We have driven several times and actually enjoy it.
I promise to share some fun photos....

OUR CAST OF CHARACTERS:

{A Magical Moment From Our Last Trip - 1/2008}

OUR CAST OF CHARACTERS:
Me (41) – I’m a mom of 3, and Disney is my favorite place to be with my family. I am the planner and I love all the details – Tinkerbell surprises, personalized autograph books, and all the little extras that help make a trip.

We started going to WDW as a family in 2000. I remember telling DH, “Wow, you think Disney is fun as a kid, but it’s even better as a parent,” after seeing the smiles on my DD’s face…

DH (42) – He’s my high school sweetheart, and my best friend. We have tons in common – but sadly he does not share my love of Disney ☹

DD (12) – This is her 7th trip. She’s always loved Disney. She’s very artistic, and I have a secret hop that she might become an Imagineer…I’m a little nervous for this trip, though. I hope she’s still be feeling the magic now that she’s almost a teenager! I do know she is looking forward to attending the drawing class at Hollywood Studios again.

DD (10) – This is her 6th trip. She’s my mini-me and loves all things Disney. I know she’ll still be feeling the magic! She’s looking forward to her first ride on Splash Mountain (Last trip it was closed for rehab, and the trips before that she was either too scared and/or not tall enough to ride).

DS (Almost 9) – This is his 5th trip and he loves it all, too. He’s also really looking forward to Splash Mountain – for the same reasons as his sister. I’m also hoping for a little Pixie Dust so that he gets a turn at the Jedi Training Academy…

NEXT UP
PLANS FOR THE REVEAL - I cant believe I’ve kept it a secret this long! I cant wait until next weekend….

COMING SOON
* Dining Plans *
* Good Luck Charlie *
* Disney Gear *

{Another Magical Moment From Our Last Trip - 1/2008}

Next Trip 8/14 So Much to Celebrate! ASMo * 12/10 Our Very Merry SuRpRiSe ChRiStMaS TRiP * 1/08 Grand Gathering POR - Papa's 70th & Blaise's 6th - Pirate & Princess Party! * 11/05 POR - Jersey Week - Food & Wine Festival * 12/04 POP & ASMo - MVMCP * 10/02 POFQ & ASMo - DD 4th Birthday & MNSSHP * 5/01 AKL & POR - Flower & Garden Festival * 5/00 ASMo - Flower & Garden Festival * Childhood trips... 7/83 Disneyland * 2/79 POL * 12/75 First Trip - age 6 (off site) Thanks Gramma for the best Christmas gift ever! I'll always remember the magic...*

Last edited by SnoWhiteRabbit; 11-26-2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: photo resizing
SnoWhiteRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
SimmerBaggins
DIS Veteran

I'll bet they've grown a LOT since those pictures!!

How are you going to tell them about the trip, or does that come later? I've seen videos of parents telling their kids about the trip, but they do it all wrong -- they tell the kids they are going somewhere else, first, and then spring it on them after they are on the way...and the kids are not even excited about it. It's horrible!!

I'm hoping for a great story!

Two moms get away to act like teenagers...or do they? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739158
SimmerBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

SuRpRiSe!!! "Open First"

SuRpRiSe!!! "OPEN FIRST"

So this trip is a BIG SuRpRise!! The kids have been several times, but it's never been a surprise. I usually talk about our plans for months! But, this time, after having to cancel our 11/09 trip due to unemployment, I have kept quiet about these plans....Here's how they are going to find out:

We have a visiting Magic Elf, Candy Cane Jinglemintz (CC for short) who comes every year when we first start setting up our tree.

Also, Santa always leaves the kids an "Open Last" gift...they get a pile of presents, and then in front of the fire place there is always 3 special presents (one for each kid) that are labeled with a big glittery tag, "OPEN LAST."

Well, this year when CC arrives, they will find her sitting on a giant box that is labeled "OPEN FIRST." There will be a letter, something about Santa and CC thinking maybe an OPEN FIRST would be more fun this year...

UP NEXT: What will be in the box?

Next Trip 8/14 So Much to Celebrate! ASMo * 12/10 Our Very Merry SuRpRiSe ChRiStMaS TRiP * 1/08 Grand Gathering POR - Papa's 70th & Blaise's 6th - Pirate & Princess Party! * 11/05 POR - Jersey Week - Food & Wine Festival * 12/04 POP & ASMo - MVMCP * 10/02 POFQ & ASMo - DD 4th Birthday & MNSSHP * 5/01 AKL & POR - Flower & Garden Festival * 5/00 ASMo - Flower & Garden Festival * Childhood trips... 7/83 Disneyland * 2/79 POL * 12/75 First Trip - age 6 (off site) Thanks Gramma for the best Christmas gift ever! I'll always remember the magic...*

Last edited by SnoWhiteRabbit; 11-26-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

OPEN FIRST - What's in the box?

Ok, when they wake up Saturday morning (we will start putting up the tree Friday, after Thanksgiving), they will find CC Jinglemintz sitting on top of a giant box.

When they open the box, there will be Disney helium balloons that will float out, and Disney music...I bought 2 of those musical Disney cards that I will reconfigure somehow so that music plays when they open the flaps of the box (I'm choosing between the Mickey Mouse Club House song and Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog...)

....AND, right on top will be the stuffed Mickey with a very special message:

But, that's not all that will be in the box!! There will be lots of fun Disney things that they can use on the car ride and for the trip!

NEXT UP: What Else is in the BoX?!

Last edited by SnoWhiteRabbit; 11-26-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:20 AM   #5
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

What Else is in the BoX?!

What Else is in the BoX?!

So there's the music, the balloons, and the Mickey with the special message, so they will know right away what's going on...

Then there will plenty of fun stuff for the trip:

Since we are driving, there is Disney car decals; the stick figure family, a waving Mickey and some hitch hiking ghosts

There's also maps and personalized luggage tags:

And of course personalized autograph books and carry bags:

And MoRe SuRpRiSeS and fUn things, including:

* DVD's for the car ride:
Disney's A Christmas Carol and Nightmare Before Christmas
Tom & Huck and Iron Will (kickin it old school)
A Christmas Story, Elf, and a few others...

* Snacks and games for the ride
* Disney Dollars
* Disney and Christmas T shirts (from the Disney Store, Target & Old Navy)

UP NEXT: Dining Plans
COMING SOON: Photos from the reveal -- Cant wait to see their faces when they open the box!

Last edited by SnoWhiteRabbit; 11-26-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

Hurray for Free Dining!

Hurray for Free Dining!

On this trip, 2 of our kids (DD 12 & DD 10) count as "adults" for meals -- We like lots of the character meals, buffets, etc. so that increases the cost of meals immensely. That's why I was ThRiLLed to receive an email PIN for free dining last May. It helped me convince DH that we HAD to book this trip!

Here's a sketch of our dining plans...We're excited to try lots of new places this trip!

DEC 4 – ARRIVAL DAY ~ MAGIC KINGDOM
Because we are driving, I'm not sure of our arrival time…
We are hoping to get a few hours in the MAGIC KINGDOM.
Will probably grab counter service meals…

DEC 5 - ANIMAL KINGDOM
Breakfast: food court
Lunch: Yak & Yeti Restaurant
Dinner: O’Hana *1st time*

DEC 6 - EPCOT
Lunch: Teppan Edo
Dinner: The Garden Grill *1st time*

DEC 7 - MAGIC KINGDOM
Lunch: The Plaza Restaurant
Dinner: 1900 Park Fare *1st time*

DEC 8 - HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Counter Service Meals
• Cupcakes from Starring Rolls *1st time*

DEC 9 - ANIMAL KINGDOM
Breakfast: Tusker House Restaurant
Lunch: counter service?
Early Dinner: Yak & Yeti Restaurant – or –
Late Dinner: Kona Café

DEC 10 - HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Counter Service Meals
• Cupcakes from Starring Rolls

DEC 11 - EPCOT
Lunch: Les Chefs de France *1st time*
Dinner: TBD - Maybe Beaches & Cream? *1st time*

DEC 12 - MAGIC KINGDOM
Lunch: The Plaza Restaurant
Dinner: TBD…

After dinner, we head back home

Last edited by SnoWhiteRabbit; 11-26-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #7
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

Hi SimmerBaggins! Thanks for reading my first PTR. I posted more about how we're surprising the kids. I'm nervous about it, but I think we've got a pretty good plan. Knowing my kids, I do think they are going to fLiP!!

I hope you enjoy reading

Old 11-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
SimmerBaggins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoWhiteRabbit View Post
Hi SimmerBaggins! Thanks for reading my first PTR. I posted more about how we're surprising the kids. I'm nervous about it, but I think we've got a pretty good plan. Knowing my kids, I do think they are going to fLiP!!

I hope you enjoy reading
You have an AMAZINGLY cool plan for the surprise!!! I am LOVING it!! Plus, all the cool goodies...I almost want to go!!

You absolutely MUST take pictures of that Saturday, so we can all "be there" for the fun -- I'm sure you have lots of lurkers...(yoohoo?)

Two moms get away to act like teenagers...or do they? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739158
SimmerBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:40 AM   #9
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

Do You Ever Get Worried That...??? Pre- Trip Jitters!

Do You Ever Get Worried That...??? Pre- Trip Jitters!

With our trip getting really close, now I'm getting nervous, thinking about how great our last trip was...Do you ever get worried that the next trip just won't measure up? I *know* it will somehow, with its own special memories, but I guess I'm having some pre-trip jitters!

I didn't do a formal trip report after our last trip, but I did post this, with the highlights from our last trip:
Just Back - Many Magical Moments & a Dream (JAN 2008)

It was a great trip!! Lots of really * sPeCiaL MeMoRieS!! *

Last edited by SnoWhiteRabbit; 11-26-2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: photo added
Old 11-24-2010, 06:45 AM   #10
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

You must take lots of pictures and maybe even a video! We would love to see it. I have wanted to surprise my kids too but with 2 of them being teenagers with college/highschool/jobs etc. it doesn't seem possible. I am sure that they will be thrilled!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Kelly
Old 11-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #11
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

Give a Day, Get a Disney Day fAst PasSeS!

Give a Day, Get a Disney Day fAst PasSeS!

Another great thing for this trip...
We'll be using Give a Day, Get a Disney Day FaSt Passes!!

This is the kids and hubby painting furniture at a not for profit cooperative nursery school. We all helped so we will have 5 days of the special fast passes to use! The kids were really proud of the work they did to help out -- and I know they will love using the special fast passes! That was a great promotion. Too bad it ended so quickly...

Last edited by SnoWhiteRabbit; 11-26-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:36 AM   #12
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

HI Taymacsmom,
Thanks for joining...I'm getting nervous about the surprise, but I know they will love it! Will definitely take and post pictures

Old 11-25-2010, 07:14 AM   #13
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

T - 48!

T - 48

T - 48...In about 48 hours our kids are going to get the surprise of their lifetime!! I have so much to do before Saturday AM...Can't wait!
Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Last edited by SnoWhiteRabbit; 11-26-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #14
disneydreamer1970
Loves planning surprise Disney trips!

I'm loving your suprise!!!

I just read through your PTR and I'm loving your reveal...After all, it does involve an elf!!

Please make sure that you post pictures of thier faces and let us know what they think. I can't wait to hear all about it.

We are staying at the same resort. I am so excited for POR.

I can't wait to hear more!!

Trish

disneydreamer1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #15
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

Disney Dreamer -
Thanks for taking a look...We love POR, too! ...Will definitely be posting photos after Saturday!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: