Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

My First Time Without Park Hoppers And I'm Worried Sick Over It!!

Hi,

I am taking my 4th solo, work related trip down to the World from 12/4-12/8 (and yes I know how lucky I am!).

Because I'm down for a conference I got a discounted rate on my park passes. Because of that I am doing the one park a day passes. Now I came to find out that the first 2 days I'm down are basically mine and I don't need to check into the conference until the third day.

When I go alone I am a maniac. Running from ride to ride and park to park to try to squeeze as much in as possible. My worry is if I will be able to devote myself to one park a day. I will have a rental car and am staying at Pop (not my precious Beach Club like my other trips) so the back and forth is no big deal.

I was hoping my Dis friends could talk me off of the ledge and let me know that the one park a day deal is going to be fine. It goes against everything I'm about when down there but then again, maybe it will force me to get to know the parks a little bit more than usual.

Looking forward to some words of encouragement!!

Jay
jakeybake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Ash&Wes07
If loving lists is wrong, I don't want to be right...

If you find you need/want the PH option, you can add it at any time. The cost is the same no matter when you add it.

No reason to panic.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Sounds like you get to go fairly often, so I wouldn't worry over it. Pick your two favorite parks, slow down, and do things in each you wouldn't normally do or have never done before.

It's all good!
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash&Wes07 View Post
If you find you need/want the PH option, you can add it at any time. The cost is the same no matter when you add it.

No reason to panic.
I don't think this is the case for this poster- he bought discounted conference tickets and they are much more restrictive.

Liz
Traveliz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #5
Moms
Mouseketeer

First of all, you are a frequent visitor so you have to have pretty much seen and done it all ... relax and enjoy a "non-commando" trip. I cal almost guarentee you will love it!

We gave up the "commando" style for our first "adults only" trip and loved it! No muss, no fuss, no hassels! In fact, slowing things down allowed us to notice some interesting and lovely "little things" we were always in too much of a hurry to enjoy before ... a good example is enjoying the lovely gardens in the UK and China pavillions at Epcot.

We have done trips with and without parkhoppers and frankly never noticed a difference. In fact the last two trips we had the option but didn't end up using it!
Moms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
Pembo
OH-IO

We didn't have ph for our last trip and I actually enjoyed it. Just pick the park you like the most and enjoy. We were at Epcot from open to close with no break and still couldn't "do it all".
Old 11-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
Nadjalu
DIS Veteran

Normally I say PH is a must, but I think you NEED this situation.

As others have said, it sounds like you go alot and actually run like a maniac. So this is your oppurtunity to SLOW down and really take in the magic that is WDW.
It will most likely give you a new perspective on the parks.

It is like eating a good meal.....you wouldn't scarf down a meal at Victoria's and Alberts like you would at McDonalds.
You would savory it, take your time and enjoy it.

Don't give in to the hoppers and make yourself settle in 1 park per day and enjoy yourself.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
Ash&Wes07
If loving lists is wrong, I don't want to be right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
I don't think this is the case for this poster- he bought discounted conference tickets and they are much more restrictive.

Liz
I accompanied DH for a convention trip and we were able to add the park hopper option on at the park. The tickets were bought through the convention.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #9
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Do you enjoy non-park things at WDW? Do you like to go to Downtown Disney or the resorts? If you want a break from the parks maybe you could do something else for a while. Then go back to the same park that evening. This might keep you from feeling that you're wasting time being in only one park on that day.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #10
Mouse's Shadow
DIS Veteran

This is your chance to slow down. Look for the hidden Mickeys. I still haven't found the party line phone on Main St. I go commando style too. But for next year's trip, my family is demanding a more relaxed schedule. So I know how you feel. They want time to sit by the pool. That sounds excruciatingly painful to me. So I'm planning on enjoying the street performers for the first time, and concentrating on examining the details instead of the going for the quantity of activities. You'll be at Disney, everything will be good.

Good Luck young Skywalker. A new mission awaits.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #11
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Sounds like you get to go fairly often, so I wouldn't worry over it. Pick your two favorite parks, slow down, and do things in each you wouldn't normally do or have never done before.

It's all good!
This is what I would do.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #12
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

First of all, where do I sign up for a job that pays me to be at Disney??!!

We always get park hoppers, but our visits are always 8 days. Since you'll only be there a few days, do as the pp suggest and take your time in the parks. I am always amazed at the attention to detail everywhere at Disney! It really is worth stopping to notice. Have a wonderful, magical visit!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #13
stitch1094
Mouseketeer

seriously?!
stitch1094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash&Wes07 View Post
I accompanied DH for a convention trip and we were able to add the park hopper option on at the park. The tickets were bought through the convention.
Cool - maybe it will work for the OP too. I know some of the tickets are "as is" and not upgradeable or changeable.

Liz
Traveliz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #15
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥

oh man - I really want to jump on board encouraging you to slow down and do things you normally wouldn't bother doing.

The time I visited MK pregnant was one of my favorite trips, as I couldn't do all the rides I would have liked to do and instead tried a bunch of shows and other things I never stopped for, before. [Hall of Presidents, Enchanted Tiki Room, Beauty and the Beast show, etc., etc.] I spent more time talking with CMs than ever and ate my best meals.

Have a blast on your "restrictions."
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Weighing DLR vs. DCL for 5/2015

Last edited by momof2n2; 11-19-2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: