Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
kayleesmom2
Earning My Ears

Disembarking time

We are planning a Disney Dream cruise for May 2011. We had everything planned when my husband's work informed him today that he can not have the last day of his vacation that he had scheduled. We get back into port on Sunday and was planning on driving halfway home to Tennessee on Sunday and finishing the drive on MOnday since we have 2 small children (5 and 2). NOw they say he can not have the MOnday off. It's a 10 hour drive and I'm wondering what's the earliest we can disembark the ship? Also, can we request an early disembark time even though we do not have a flight scheduled?
kayleesmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleesmom2 View Post
We are planning a Disney Dream cruise for May 2011. We had everything planned when my husband's work informed him today that he can not have the last day of his vacation that he had scheduled. We get back into port on Sunday and was planning on driving halfway home to Tennessee on Sunday and finishing the drive on MOnday since we have 2 small children (5 and 2). NOw they say he can not have the MOnday off. It's a 10 hour drive and I'm wondering what's the earliest we can disembark the ship? Also, can we request an early disembark time even though we do not have a flight scheduled?
You don't need to request an early disembark time. You just go to the atrium (or wherever they are disembarking on the Dream) and wait in line to exit. If the ship docks at regular time they usually start just prior to 8 a.m. You should be home in plenty of time even if they start late for some reason.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Everyone MUST be off the ship by 9:00-9:30 am (which should be interesting considering there will be so many more people onboard than the Wonder and Magic)...but...barring any ship delays you should have no problem.

DCL is different than other cruise lines by not making you sit in a lounge until your deck is called. Anyone can leave the ship as soon as they are cleared by customs. Keep watching the posts of cruisers in the first few weeks of the Dream to see what kind of reports there are for debarking.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
adventure_woman
DIS Veteran

You'll make it no problem. We're driving down from MI, and TN is actually our halfway/stopping point. Last year it was just DD then 3 and she did great. This year we'll have DD#2 - 9mths...we'll see how THAT goes!! The portable DVD player is your friend..

WDW
LOTS of trips before!
CP CM - Summer 1999
FT CM - May 2000-Dec 2001 (AKL, BC, Poly)
ASMo 11/03 ASMo 11/06 AS Sp/Mo 8/08 ASMo 1/9 ASMu 8/09 ASMu 8/11 ASMu 1/13

DL/DCA
CM - Dec 2000-Feb 2001 (Grand Opening of DCA)
Off-site 12/05

DCL
Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/29/11
adventure_woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

We were driving out of the parking lot at 7:27 on departure morning. I remember because 7/27 is my birthday and my dh commented on it. We were among the first group that left....probably about 10 before us.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Everyone MUST be off the ship by 9:00-9:30 am (which should be interesting considering there will be so many more people onboard than the Wonder and Magic)...but...barring any ship delays you should have no problem.

DCL is different than other cruise lines by not making you sit in a lounge until your deck is called. Anyone can leave the ship as soon as they are cleared by customs. Keep watching the posts of cruisers in the first few weeks of the Dream to see what kind of reports there are for debarking.

MJ
I'd make a point of lining up early to make sure you are among the first off the ship to speed your departure, and maybe the kids will sleep for a while in the car if you get them up early.
As MJ notes, Disney does not have an organized disembarkation system, which seems just fine with most Disney cruises. I prefer an organized system, rather than standing in line.
But I think planning on being among the first off, or the last off, will reduce your risk of waiting in line.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #7
vbreslin
Earning My Ears

Disembarkation time

We disembarked this morning from the Wonder at approx 8am. We were in our car and on the way out of the parking lot by 8:30am.
* Just booked 5-26-13 DCL 4 Nights on the Dream

* DVC members since 2004
vbreslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
dorkeemn
Mouseketeer

Been on three cruises with Disney and never had a wait in line to get off ship - all 3 times we ate at topsiders, saw the pirate show rehearsals and then left at our own pace.

this last time was the longest it took us to find our luggage in customs - about 15 minutes.
dorkeemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #9
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

We skip breakfast altogether on our cruises because we're eaten enough by the end! We're always off the ship before 8 a.m. and back home to Orlando by 9 a.m. There can be delays in the ship's return or disembarkation sometimes due to problems (I don't even want to think about the Panama canal return...took literally hours), but that is not the norm.
inkkognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #10
scamper45
Mouseketeer

we were off the magic at 7:15 this morning. I grabbed ceral and fruit the day before and kept it in our room so we had breakfast in the cabin. went to deck 3 at 6:45 lined up and were out of the terminal by 7:30. It was a breeze. It is usally cleared by 7 to get off. We made a 10:15 flight and were back in Ohio by lunch time!!
scamper45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: