Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #496
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post

Yes, he did great! Just wish he could shoot that we'll in games, hahaha! He is good friends with a friend of mine here. I am hoping our paths will cross someday.
He did! Super home town pride! He's our Concord claim to fame!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #497
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefh View Post
He did! Super home town pride! He's our Concord claim to fame!
He is an awesome rep of your hometown!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #498
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

I had to share this with you guys.....

So my friends lived the show and are total BH's now, but they're new to this whole thing.

One uploaded her photos and videos to Facebook. She uploaded the song "Games" with a comment like "It was cool because NKOTB sang remixes of other songs besides their own." She has no idea that Games is their song.

I love my friends! I have so much to teach them!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #499
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefh View Post
I had to share this with you guys.....

So my friends lived the show and are total BH's now, but they're new to this whole thing.

One uploaded her photos and videos to Facebook. She uploaded the song "Games" with a comment like "It was cool because NKOTB sang remixes of other songs besides their own." She has no idea that Games is their song.

I love my friends! I have so much to teach them!
Ha, that is cute!

Gotta love recruiting new blockheads.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #500
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

My day is finally here! Going to get on the road in a couple hours! I will be back with a full report of the show and after party

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Marshmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #501
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
My day is finally here! Going to get on the road in a couple hours! I will be back with a full report of the show and after party
Have fun!!!

I was going to insert a dancing banana but I can't find it! Remember how much Angey loved those?
Old 06-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #502
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

Quote:
Have fun!!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #503
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a great time!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #504
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay! Have a great time!
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #505
yankeesgirl63
DIS Veteran

I just found this thread and you don't know how excited I was when I saw NKOTB in the title!!
I was in the 6th row for their show the other week in DC. It was AMAZING! The energy was unbelieveable. I think it was, by far, the best show of theirs I have seen. Now I just need tickets for another one....

Melissa
yankeesgirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #506
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgirl63 View Post
I just found this thread and you don't know how excited I was when I saw NKOTB in the title!!
I was in the 6th row for their show the other week in DC. It was AMAZING! The energy was unbelieveable. I think it was, by far, the best show of theirs I have seen. Now I just need tickets for another one....

Melissa
Welcome!
Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #507
yankeesgirl63
DIS Veteran

Thank you!

Melissa
yankeesgirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #508
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

MELODY!!! Where are you? LOL It has been over 12 hrs since your show ended...what's taking so long? HAHAHAHAHA

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #509
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
MELODY!!! Where are you? LOL It has been over 12 hrs since your show ended...what's taking so long? HAHAHAHAHA
I know! I'm sorry! Had to catch up on things back home! Ok, so I LOVED the show! Despite the unbearable heat in that Arena (it was worse than the outdoor concerts in the middle of summer, no joke!) all the guys seemed very "on" during the show. All were smiling, laughing and seeming to have a great time despite sweat POURING off of them. I felt horrible for them. If I was sweating as bad as I was, and they were up there performing in suits under hot lights?! Ugh! They still gave us their ALL though. Donnie was smiling non-stop the entire show All of them were, really. I LOVED the acoustic set and the cover songs! SO GOOD! I'm so glad I'm going to two more! Boyz II Men sounded GREAT. I thought 98 Degrees was cheesy. Of course, I would have a "moment" with one of them (and not even Nick!) where he was holding out a "you" at the end of a song and was staring me straight in the eyes until it became uncomfortable and I looked away only to look back and he was STILL staring at me! Why couldn't one of our guys have done that?! I guarantee you I wouldn't have looked away! I had second row center seats, but I think they do a GREAT job of performing to ALL sides/areas so no matter where your seats are, you will love them! I'm thinking this show MAY be right up there with the Full Service show for me! I can't say enough good things about it! My pics are on Facebook!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #510
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

As for the "After Party" I would recommend against it, unless you are ok with paying $150 for just a picture. I know some have had good experiences, but the one in Cincy was horrible. Here is the email I sent VIP Nation:

To Management: I hope someone will take the time to read the comments on the Smugmug photo gallery page for the Cincinnati NKOTB After Party.
Everything said there is true. That whole experience was UNACCEPTABLE. As a reputable business, I would hope you will do something to
rectify it for us. I am requesting either a refund for the two vip tickets I purchased OR at the VERY LEAST 2 replacement tickets
for another after party should one be added to either the Columbus or Indianapolis dates. The following reasons are why I am requesting
a refund: FALSE ADVERTISING! We were promised a party "hosted" by Donnie and Boyz II Men. I have NEVER been to a party where the "host" speaks for 3 minutes then disappears the rest of the event. That's what happened. That was NOT "hosting." As a business, you are responsible
to make sure your customers receive what was advertised. Also, we were promised a "Meet and Greet photo op" We got a "photo opp"
No "meet and greet." Ten seconds to pose for a photo does not equal a "meet and greet." Besides that, most ALL of the photos are
FOGGY!!! UNACCEPTABLE! The following was not your fault, but you could have done something about it. It was literally 90 degrees
in there! My sister had to sit down because she felt like she was going to have an asthma attack and/or pass out or throw up. UNSAFE!
I understand the "hosts" were uncomfortable too and that is possibly why they were only present for three minutes, but that is your
responsibility as the business handling this event to take care of. At the very least, I would have expected that you make an
announcement and let us know that our hosts would not be coming back out so many of us weren't waiting around in that unsafe and
unbearable sauna of a room hoping to see our "hosts" at some point. Donnie even told us over the loudspeaker that he would be out
to mingle and dance with us. You need to see that YOUR contracted celebrity follows through with what was promised. When they
don't, it reflects very poorly on you! In the end, it is YOUR responsibility to do something to make me a happy customer. My
question is, what are you going to do to make it up to me? And I don't want you telling me that the "hosts" are only contracted
to "show up." If that IS the case, you need to change your contract or change your advertising.

I LOVE NKOTB!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: