Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #436
jenny105
DIS Veteran

So...who is going to see NKOTB this summer? My sister and I are going to the Philly show on June 15 (soon!) and we are going to Mixtape Festival again this year in Hershey. NKOTB is closing out the weekend.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #437
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

I think something must be wrong with me. I wasn't even tempted to get tickets. I still love the boys and all but I think front row ruined it for me and I just can't go see them again because it'll never be as good as the first two times I saw them.

I did however get Maroon 5 tickets for Aug in Camden! Ohhhhhh Adam, I'm coming for you!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #438
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I don't get crazy excited like I used to. I still love them but the novelty of the reunion has worn off. I'm more excited to see the Wanted in August. (Yes I'm going to see the Wanted and no I'm not embarrassed that I will probably be the oldest person there lol). MixTape will be a blast though. We're going both days this year!

I miss you Shelby!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #439
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!

I'm going to the June 2nd show in Boston. I agree with you guys about the level of excitement not being as high this time. I still, and will always love them, and am happy they have been so successful this time around, but the newness is gone.

I'm going to Boston because my best friend lives there, and I haven't been out there to visit since 2008. I'm almost more excited about going to Wahlburger's for dinner than going to the concert. We got 4* VIP, so at least we'll have non-nosebleed seats. I'm just excited for a child and husband free girls weekend, and the concert is just an added bonus!

They are performing in WI in July, and I'm not even going to that one.

Oh, and Shelby super jealous about Maroon 5! Maroon 5 and Kelly Clarkson are my two favorite non-NKOTB artists, and to see them together would be amazing. I might still cave and get tickets for that one if I can get good enough seats. My husband man-crushes on Adam Levine too! ;-)
Old 05-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #440
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I miss you Shelby!!!
I miss you too!!! The Wanted will be fun!!! You won't be the oldest person there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach View Post
Oh, and Shelby super jealous about Maroon 5! Maroon 5 and Kelly Clarkson are my two favorite non-NKOTB artists, and to see them together would be amazing. I might still cave and get tickets for that one if I can get good enough seats. My husband man-crushes on Adam Levine too! ;-)
About your hubby!! Seriously, Adam is smokin' hot, I can't even stand it. Don't blame your hubby at all.

I'm really excited because it's at a pretty small venue so even though our seats aren't up front it still isn't THAT far away! You should go!!!! It has to be a GREAT show!!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #441
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!

Ahh...now I remember why I didn't get tickets for Maroon 5 - I went to look what was still available, and the concert is when we are at Disney. Oh well.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #442
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone has fun at all of their summer shows! I will be back home for awhile this summer, so I'll be at the Minneapolis show with a group of friends including my best friend and NKOTB partner in crime from back in the day. She hasn't seen them since the reunion and I think I'm more excited about her seeing them than me, lol!

My summer of shows started last night. I took the girls to see Taylor Swift and wow! Amazing show! It's a huge production! Florida Georgia Line and Ed Sheeran opened. Loved both. Ed Sheeran is extremely talented! Next up is NK, then Maroon 5 in September, P!nk in November. Yay for concerts!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoys the long weekend ahead!

P.S. Karen, if you are out there, your Bengals got a great pick with my boy Rex Burkhead! He should be a great addition to the team!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #443
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Hi all!!!

We are going to the Philly show, but like you guys, I'm not super super excited. Actually, my son was asked to play on a tournament team for lax and if we decided to do it, I'd have skipped the show...and I was completely ok with that!!!! What in the world? LOL I think part of it is that my seats BLOW.

As far as the album -- I'm not in love with it. I really liked The Block MUCH better and I can't really put my finger on why I don't like this one much. I hardly ever listen to it because I just can't get into it. It kind of makes me sad. I wanted to LOVE it.

I still love the guys and I still love the music and I'm still sooo happy they reunited and have done so much. But I think that the newness is wearing off and it's getting more comfortable...if that makes sense. I'm not nearly as obsessed as I was in the beginning. I wasn't even as jealous of the cruisers this year. The more I see of the cruises, the more I'm glad I haven't gone. Too much pressure & chaos!

However, we just booked a 9 nighter out of NYC on 4/5/14! LOL THAT is my idea of a vacation

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #444
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
I miss you too!!! The Wanted will be fun!!! You won't be the oldest person there!!
You're right. My sister will be the oldest. We met them last year at MixTape and all the teenagers were calling her a cougar because she was drooling over Siva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
Hi all!!!

We are going to the Philly show, but like you guys, I'm not super super excited. Actually, my son was asked to play on a tournament team for lax and if we decided to do it, I'd have skipped the show...and I was completely ok with that!!!! What in the world? LOL I think part of it is that my seats BLOW.

As far as the album -- I'm not in love with it. I really liked The Block MUCH better and I can't really put my finger on why I don't like this one much. I hardly ever listen to it because I just can't get into it. It kind of makes me sad. I wanted to LOVE it.
You're going to the Philly show? We have to meet up! We will be tailgating so stop by

I like some songs on the album (Remix, Now or Never, Block Party, and We Own Tonight to name a few) but I could take it or leave it. Like you I don't love it like the Block. And right now I'm anti-listening to 10 because the Bruins are playing the Rangers and Donnie's all 'Go Bruins' when he never talks about them ever. So yeah, no NKOTB til this series is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
My summer of shows started last night. I took the girls to see Taylor Swift and wow! Amazing show! It's a huge production! Florida Georgia Line and Ed Sheeran opened. Loved both. Ed Sheeran is extremely talented! Next up is NK, then Maroon 5 in September, P!nk in November. Yay for concerts!
I'm going to a bunch of shows this summer too! I have NKOTB in June, Mixtape and Zac Brown Band in July, and Darius Rucker & the Wanted in August. Busy summer!
Old 05-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #445
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Fun! I saw ZBB last year and Darius at the SA rodeo this year. You'll have a blast! Both were awesome!
Old 05-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #446
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach View Post
Ahh...now I remember why I didn't get tickets for Maroon 5 - I went to look what was still available, and the concert is when we are at Disney. Oh well.
Sounds like a good trade off to me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
Hope everyone has fun at all of their summer shows! I will be back home for awhile this summer, so I'll be at the Minneapolis show with a group of friends including my best friend and NKOTB partner in crime from back in the day. She hasn't seen them since the reunion and I think I'm more excited about her seeing them than me, lol!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoys the long weekend ahead!

P.S. Karen, if you are out there, your Bengals got a great pick with my boy Rex Burkhead! He should be a great addition to the team!
Sounds FUN!!!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed the T Swift show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
Hi all!!!

I'm so glad it's not just me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
You're right. My sister will be the oldest. We met them last year at MixTape and all the teenagers were calling her a cougar because she was drooling over Siva.

I'm going to a bunch of shows this summer too! I have NKOTB in June, Mixtape and Zac Brown Band in July, and Darius Rucker & the Wanted in August. Busy summer!
Too funny about your sis!!

Busy summer for you indeed!!!

We have a bunch this summer too!! Talk about feeling old, we're seeing One Direction in Hershey in July. Then I have Maroon 5 and this isn't a concert but I'm taking Becca to NYC to see Matilda on Broadway for her birthday and then dinner after!! Can't wait!!! It's going to be a good summer!!

Old 05-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #447
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

So, we had been having trouble finding good seats for the MSP show. Tickets for that show are being sold by a Ticketmaster affiliate. Just checked their premium tickets service and scored section 4, row 1 seats for 6 people... only $28 over face value! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been overly excited about this show, but now I am! Also excited to read reviews on twitter tonight!

Set the DVR's the boys are on the Today Show Friday morning with Boys II Men and 98*!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #448
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

I am going to the show Friday at Mohgan and am going to try to keep away from spoilers before then. I have failed at being spoiler free for all the previous tours but maybe I can make it 3 days.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #449
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
I am going to the show Friday at Mohgan and am going to try to keep away from spoilers before then. I have failed at being spoiler free for all the previous tours but maybe I can make it 3 days.
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!! And report back! I usually try, but 7/20 is a loooonnnngggg ways away, lol! I am still thinking of going to a Texas show, but they are right before we start our month of traveling. Not sure I can handle driving 3 hours to Houston one day, and 18 to Iowa the next!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #450
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I peeked at the set list online. I was surprised Boyz II Men went on before 98* It looks as though they left Because of You out of their set and concentrated on their new songs. Sorry boys but no one wants to hear those!

I'll keep mum about the NKOTB set list - don't want to spoil it for anyone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: