Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #406
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
Hopefully he doesn't sing it with a Jamaican accent when he sings live, lol! Has anyone else noticed that he sounds Jamaican sometimes?
I blame 'Stay with me Baby'
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #407
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!
 
mantysk8coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Not at WDW :(
Posts: 1,580

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I blame 'Stay with me Baby'

LOL!

My BFF and I just got 4* tickets for the June 2 Boston show! We did the 5* thing last time around, and kind of agreed we didn't need to do that again, as long as we got decent seats. The whole Meet & Greet thing was actually kind of stressful. She lives in Boston (I'm in WI) and has always wanted to see them there. Can't wait!!!
__________________
New ticker hopefully coming soon - even if it will be over a year out!!!!
mantysk8coach is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #408
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach View Post
LOL!

My BFF and I just got 4* tickets for the June 2 Boston show! We did the 5* thing last time around, and kind of agreed we didn't need to do that again, as long as we got decent seats. The whole Meet & Greet thing was actually kind of stressful. She lives in Boston (I'm in WI) and has always wanted to see them there. Can't wait!!!
We got our tickets too. We're going to the Philly show on June 15 and making a weekend out of it. It'll be me, my sister, and my two best friends - one has never been to an NKOTB show before so this will be a whole new experience for her. We scored lower level seats directly across from the stage. I'm hoping they'll come out in the crowd like they usually do
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #409
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran
 
Marshmelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 626

Glad to see this thread active again! Well, I did something crazy this morning! I had bought tickets to Cincinnati on Saturday from TM. They were Sec 1 floor (which was the left side of the stage, facing main) row R. I was ok with them, but kept looking at the layout thinking I really wanted closer. Well, this morning, I went on TM and looked at the Platinum seats (again!) and they still had some Sec. 2 (middle section facing main stage) row B dead center seats. I couldn't help myself! So now, I have to hope my other ones I bought sell! My husband will kill me! But I'm so excited! I kept trying to convince myself I was happy with the other seats, but I really wasn't. I feel greedy, but I can't help it when it comes to those boys So, now I'm trying to convince Karen to buy one of the seats that were right next to those on there

As for the song, I like it a lot, of course, but I'm not in love with it. I am a Donnie girl all the way, but I've never thought he had a great singing voice! I'm afraid of what this is going to sound like live!
__________________
"Been There, Done That....Going Back!"

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Marshmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #410
hmdavid
DIS Veteran
 
hmdavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: here, there, everywhere
Posts: 2,613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
Glad to see this thread active again! Well, I did something crazy this morning! I had bought tickets to Cincinnati on Saturday from TM. They were Sec 1 floor (which was the left side of the stage, facing main) row R. I was ok with them, but kept looking at the layout thinking I really wanted closer. Well, this morning, I went on TM and looked at the Platinum seats (again!) and they still had some Sec. 2 (middle section facing main stage) row B dead center seats. I couldn't help myself! So now, I have to hope my other ones I bought sell! My husband will kill me! But I'm so excited! I kept trying to convince myself I was happy with the other seats, but I really wasn't. I feel greedy, but I can't help it when it comes to those boys So, now I'm trying to convince Karen to buy one of the seats that were right next to those on there

As for the song, I like it a lot, of course, but I'm not in love with it. I am a Donnie girl all the way, but I've never thought he had a great singing voice! I'm afraid of what this is going to sound like live!
Awesome!

We haven't bought tickets yet. Now that dates are changing and shows are being added, I'm afraid to make plans to leave SA until the entire schedule is released!
__________________
~Heather
hmdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #411
augusta1
Mouseketeer
 
augusta1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 312

Bought our tickets to see NKOTB/Boyz II Men/98 Degrees and proud of it!!
Can't wait!
__________________


Me DH DD DD
2010-ASM, 2011-CBR, 2012- POP, 2013- POP, 2014- Upcoming POP!
augusta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #412
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,797

I just realized with going to the show in Philly Boyz II Men will be playing in front of their home crowd. Nice!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #413
moorhunhe
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: belgium
Posts: 278

Oooh, I've seen NKOTB last year during their NKOTBSB tour.

I think I was a bit too young to have actually known them back in the days, and I'm a true BSB fan hehe
So I did only went to the concert to see BSB again.

I didn't knew any of the NKOTB songs
Only "Tonight" had a familiar ring to it, but that was it.

They had a good vibe on stage, people yelled a lot more when they were on, lol.

Unfortunatly, I have to say, they didn't convert me, and I'm stil a true BSB fan, hehe ^^
__________________

DLRP 15x
moorhunhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #414
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!
 
eh24fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 1,611

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I just realized with going to the show in Philly Boyz II Men will be playing in front of their home crowd. Nice!


We are going too...and our seats friggin BLOW! We are in the upper level. I'm so mad about it! My friend isn't a ticket getter...next time, I'm not letting her. LOL
__________________
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIWRuvI/]




eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #415
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
We are going too...and our seats friggin BLOW! We are in the upper level. I'm so mad about it! My friend isn't a ticket getter...next time, I'm not letting her. LOL
There are 4 of us going and if I wanted seats together we would've been in the upper level. I got 2 seats in one row and 2 seats in another directly behind and was able to get lower level. We should meet up!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #416
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!
 
mantysk8coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Not at WDW :(
Posts: 1,580

So I just need to share this here. My best friend, the one who lives in Boston that I'm going to the concert with in June, is going to some fundraiser thing that Jordan is participating in on Saturday night. Her assistant at work knows someone who knows the Knight's, and got them VIP tickets. Apparently one of the "perks" of the VIP ticket, is that there is this photo booth, and you can go in it with Jordan. Crazy, huh? She's on the quieter side though, and is freaking out about how awkward that would be, and what she'd say to him.

So I will be living vicariously through her updates on Saturday night! If she sends me photo booth pictures, I will share them here!
__________________
New ticker hopefully coming soon - even if it will be over a year out!!!!
mantysk8coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #417
hmdavid
DIS Veteran
 
hmdavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: here, there, everywhere
Posts: 2,613

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach View Post
So I just need to share this here. My best friend, the one who lives in Boston that I'm going to the concert with in June, is going to some fundraiser thing that Jordan is participating in on Saturday night. Her assistant at work knows someone who knows the Knight's, and got them VIP tickets. Apparently one of the "perks" of the VIP ticket, is that there is this photo booth, and you can go in it with Jordan. Crazy, huh? She's on the quieter side though, and is freaking out about how awkward that would be, and what she'd say to him.

So I will be living vicariously through her updates on Saturday night! If she sends me photo booth pictures, I will share them here!
Hope she has a great time!
__________________
~Heather
hmdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #418
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran
 
KBoopaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach View Post
So I just need to share this here. My best friend, the one who lives in Boston that I'm going to the concert with in June, is going to some fundraiser thing that Jordan is participating in on Saturday night. Her assistant at work knows someone who knows the Knight's, and got them VIP tickets. Apparently one of the "perks" of the VIP ticket, is that there is this photo booth, and you can go in it with Jordan. Crazy, huh? She's on the quieter side though, and is freaking out about how awkward that would be, and what she'd say to him.

So I will be living vicariously through her updates on Saturday night! If she sends me photo booth pictures, I will share them here!
I have been to this event the past two years and he is very sweet and very approachable at the party. Tell her not to worry!
__________________
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #419
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!
 
mantysk8coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Not at WDW :(
Posts: 1,580

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
I have been to this event the past two years and he is very sweet and very approachable at the party. Tell her not to worry!
So I've been getting the play by play from this event all night, and I am soooooo jealous! She's killing me. I will see if I can post the pictures.



__________________
New ticker hopefully coming soon - even if it will be over a year out!!!!

Last edited by mantysk8coach; 02-16-2013 at 10:50 PM.
mantysk8coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #420
hmdavid
DIS Veteran
 
hmdavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: here, there, everywhere
Posts: 2,613

Cute pictures!
__________________
~Heather
hmdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: