Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #391
DaisyLynn
DIS Veteran

So, I'm not too active in this thread like most of you...but I just had to share how EXCITED I am for this tour!

My friend and I got our 5 Star package this morning. We'll be seeing them in Boston on June 2.

Now, bring on the new music!!!

DaisyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #392
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

We're doing Mohegan Sun, possibly New York and definitely Boston. It's three shows in one weekend. But thanks to Elena I have been talked into going from CT to NY and just making a fun weekend out of it. Sooooo excited. I could not believe the prices of the VIP packages this year. I did it once and that is enough for me. I'm hoping for after parties again with this tour. That is when I got most of my Donnie time anyway. On the last tour he stayed at the club forever and we spent quite a bit of time with him. Hoping for a little more of the same this year. But I'll be happy with just the shows. Bring on the summer!!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #393
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLynn View Post
So, I'm not too active in this thread like most of you...but I just had to share how EXCITED I am for this tour!

My friend and I got our 5 Star package this morning. We'll be seeing them in Boston on June 2.

Now, bring on the new music!!!
Hey there! I just noticed that you are in Maine. Where are you in this freezing cold tundra??? I am on the mid-coast just north of Wiscasset. I cannot believe how cold it is lately. I am ready to pack up and move South after the last couple of days. Nice to have a fellow Mainer as a Blockhead on this board
Old 01-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #394
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Thoughts on the new song?

I like the chorus, I am sure the rest will grow on me. It's a REALLY different sound.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #395
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid

I like the chorus, I am sure the rest will grow on me. It's a REALLY different sound.
Hmmm...love the chorus, still getting used to the rest- but, yes, i will love it...
Old 01-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #396
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post

Where can I find it? I know they premiered it on Seacrest but that man is the devil so I didn't listen.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #397
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Where can I find it? I know they premiered it on Seacrest but that man is the devil so I didn't listen.
Check the NK Facebook page. I think they posted a link. I'm still not sure about this song, but I'm happy they have tried a new sound. It really reminds me of Joe's solo stuff.

Anyone score good presale tix?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #398
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Check the NK Facebook page. I think they posted a link. I'm still not sure about this song, but I'm happy they have tried a new sound. It really reminds me of Joe's solo stuff.

I found it. It reminds me of something the Wanted would sing. Not exactly their style but I don't hate it.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #399
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid

Hmmm...you're right, it kinda does- and I'm a huge joe fan, and love all his stuff, so that explains why I like it!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #400
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:

Yes, it does sound like Joe's stuff! It's not as smooth as songs from The Block, but I don't mind it. Like I told Melody, they could sing the phone book and I'd be like, "I like it, it's good!"

Melody and I only have one show close to us, Cincinnati. She is definitely going. I will more than likely go, but not getting tickets until it gets closer. I hate buying tickets months in advance. I don't know what will be going on 6 months from now!

Glad to see some activity on this thread!

Crystal, a whole NKOTB weekend? So jealous!

cruiserkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #401
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to the Donnie girls but I think his voice sounds terrible on that track. Stop smoking!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #402
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

I agree! Donnie has never been the GREATEST singer & I think that song is just too "raw" lol

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #403
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
I agree! Donnie has never been the GREATEST singer & I think that song is just too "raw" lol
I adore Donnie, but I have never thought he was a very good vocalist. He has his place and lead vocals isn't it. That said, I actually think he sounds better than usual on this song!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #404
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
When the guys all had their solo parts during the shows and he'd come out to sing Cover Girl I used to cringe. He has great stage presence but not the greatest voice. I just think on the new track he sounds like he's straining himself to hit the notes.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #405
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Hopefully he doesn't sing it with a Jamaican accent when he sings live, lol! Has anyone else noticed that he sounds Jamaican sometimes?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: