Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #16
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
What was the rush about getting tickets if she was going to get the nosebleeds?? Sorry girl But hey, I'll probably be at that concert so DIS/NKOTB meet!
No idea...she said that she grabbed the first ones that came up. She's not very NKOTB ticket buying savvy. LOL I'm sad though.

This is why I normally do the ticket buying for ANY concert I go to...I want to have control of where my seats are and I don't settle for crap. In fact, I'd usually rather not go than have crappy seats. LOL

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #17
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
No idea...she said that she grabbed the first ones that came up. She's not very NKOTB ticket buying savvy. LOL I'm sad though.

This is why I normally do the ticket buying for ANY concert I go to...I want to have control of where my seats are and I don't settle for crap. In fact, I'd usually rather not go than have crappy seats. LOL
I agree! This is why I'm not asking for NKOTBSB tickets for Christmas. If I'm going to be there, I want decent seats.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #18
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree! This is why I'm not asking for NKOTBSB tickets for Christmas. If I'm going to be there, I want decent seats.
The trick is to ask for the $$$ to buy the tix! Or, I might just inform Brian that he will be buying them for me when I find the right ones.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #19
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I heard on the radio what the setlist is going to be for the AMA's. It was also said that they are closing the show. I'm going to see Deathly Hallows that night so I will be tivo-ing but I might make it back in time to watch it live if the closing the show part is true.

Heather - I have a feeling my SIL will try to get me and my sis tickets. While I wouldn't be ungrateful, if they were nosebleeds, I'd be kinda ticked because she spends thousands a year to see Bon Jovi close up!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 11-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #20
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I heard on the radio what the setlist is going to be for the AMA's. It was also said that they are closing the show. I'm going to see Deathly Hallows that night so I will be tivo-ing but I might make it back in time to watch it live if the closing the show part is true.

Heather - I have a feeling my SIL will try to get me and my sis tickets. While I wouldn't be ungrateful, if they were nosebleeds, I'd be kinda ticked because she spends thousands a year to see Bon Jovi close up!
Maybe you can resell them and pick out the ones you want without her knowing.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #21
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
Maybe you can resell them and pick out the ones you want without her knowing.
That is probably what I would do lol

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 11-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #22
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:

Go figure! When I set up the DVR to record the AMA's this morning it popped up and asked if I wanted to add an extension since it's a live broadcast. I told dh there was no need since there is no way NKOTB and BSB are relevant enough to close the show. Guess I was wrong! I'll go back and add the extension.

cruiserkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #23
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brae's Mom View Post
So we had a bit of a scare at our house last night. Braelynn, my 10 year old, comes home from school by herself this year for about 45 minutes until we get home. Well yesterday she called me crying that the door was open when she got home so I told her to just leave and go to the next door neighbor and as I was saying that I heard a man's voice and Braelynn said mom I'm just going to go and she threw the phone and ran to the neighbors house. Well I high tailed it home, thankfully I found her at the neighbors safe and sound, but sure enough someone had tried to break into the house. They must have been scared off by our dogs because they didn't take anything and nothing seemed to be moved. My car was in the driveway all day too, so whoever it was was pretty ballsy to break into a house with a car in the driveway. My whole drive home I was just praying that Braelynn was ok. Now looking back I should have called the police immediately, but I just couldn't think. It's horrible you never know what you are going to do until you get into the situation and I obviously failed miserably. I my case it is fine because she is ok, but my gosh that was the worst feeling I think I have ever had. I can't imagine the parents out there that actually have missing children or their children have passed away.....it breaks my heart to think about it.

Give your kids an extra hug tonight and tell them that you are thankful for them every day. If nothing else this will make me do that more often than I used to!!!
Oh my gosh, that is SO scary!!! Your poor DD....she must have been so scared. I'm so glad she was smart enough to NOT go inside!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post
Go figure! When I set up the DVR to record the AMA's this morning it popped up and asked if I wanted to add an extension since it's a live broadcast. I told dh there was no need since there is no way NKOTB and BSB are relevant enough to close the show. Guess I was wrong! I'll go back and add the extension.
I'm sitting through this show just to see them. I hope it's worth the wait! (some of the performances have been tortuous!)

On a side note....what happened to Enrique Iglesias? All of a sudden he's HOTTTTTTTTT!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:51 AM   #24
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post

I'm sitting through this show just to see them. I hope it's worth the wait! (some of the performances have been tortuous!)

On a side note....what happened to Enrique Iglesias? All of a sudden he's HOTTTTTTTTT!
No one should have to sit thru hearing Kesha. ever. And yet I did...

I have to say Jordan was looking especially hot on the red carpet.

cruiserkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:05 AM   #25
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Jordan always looks hot.....hate the shades though. He was looking good during the performance too. Gosh, I love that man.

Watching last night didn't change my view of the BSB, still not a fan.

Most of the singers sounded horrible last night, Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, etc. It wasn't exactly music to my ears.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #26
acomasdiaz
DIS Veteran

So, I decided to just get the tix for NJ. I know...I know...I just can't hold out...Of course, now the only ones left seem to be in section 118. Those look like they are behind the stage.

I guess I'll start looking elsewhere...
Old 11-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #27
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know! Smokin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post
No one should have to sit thru hearing Kesha. ever. And yet I did...

I have to say Jordan was looking especially hot on the red carpet.

Kesha is ridiculous... in a bad way!

Quote:
Most of the singers sounded horrible last night, Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, etc. It wasn't exactly music to my ears.
Agreed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acomasdiaz View Post
So, I decided to just get the tix for NJ. I know...I know...I just can't hold out...Of course, now the only ones left seem to be in section 118. Those look like they are behind the stage.

I guess I'll start looking elsewhere...
Good luck finding tickets! We tried for Chicago tickets on Saturday morning. Started trying 1 hour after on sale and could only get singles, then they released the sections behind the stage. Some good one son Stub Hub that we are considering now.

Donnie said on twitter that things are about to get busier today... thinking we will get the rest of the tour info.

As for the performance together, I will never be a huge BSB fan, but I thought it was fun. They looked like they were having a great time together. I really only care about fun times with my besties when I go to a concert and seeing a good show. I think the joint tour will be entertaining and I am looking forward to it!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #28
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I didn't like it at all. I thought BSB sounded terrible. I thought they could sing? The only one who sounded decent was Nick Carter. Jordan sounded alright but (I'm sorry for saying this Donnie girls) Donnie can't sing. He sounded awful. When BSB sung the steps with our boys, I cringed. I didn't like the mix of Hangin Tough & Backstreet's Back. My sister and I sat through the whole thing with 'wth is this?' expressions on our face. I'm not so sure about this tour now, I may have to rethink it. If I do go, I'll sit in the nosebleeds, I no longer have a problem with that. Not spending a lot of $ on this. Oh and don't even get me started on "all you people can't you see, can't you see, N-K-O-T-B-S-B!' Who ok-ed that? Corny.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 11-22-2010, 08:57 AM   #29
Mickeyistheman
DIS Veteran

I thought New Kids, sounded SOOOO much better than BSB. Jordan sounded fantastic and the New Kids looked better than BSB. I was actually quite surprised that Brian and even AJ could not hit their notes.

But most people last night did not sound good, the only other AMAZING performance was Kid Rock IMO.
Mickeyistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:05 AM   #30
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyistheman View Post
But most people last night did not sound good, the only other AMAZING performance was Kid Rock IMO.
Thought Kid Rock was amazing! And Pink was awesome until her last note, wow that was a clunker!

Anyone see Joe about knock Jordan's mic over?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: