Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #76
Ava
DIS Veteran

Next trip we're having dinner at Boma on our arrival day. Our plane lands at 1:30pm, so I figure we'll get to the hotel around 2:30-3:00. Gives us time to check in, unpack & rest a bit before heading over to Boma for dinner at 5:30. After dinner we'll probably just head back to POP to get DD into bed, since I doubt she'll have had a nap unless she sleeps on the plane. (Wish us luck, lol.)

Sept 2014 Trip Report - In Progress

1983 (age 3): Buena Vista Palace 1988: Fort Wilderness Cabin 1991: Offsite 1997: All-Star Music 2002: All-Star Music 2004: All-Star Movies
April 2006: All-Star Music May 2011: POP Century Sept 2014: Caribbean Beach Aug 2015: Art of Animation, Lion King Suite

Ava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #77
ocean134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers0782 View Post
My partner and I are checking in for our first trip on the 22nd of Dec. but will be staying in another hotel the night before and once we get settled there, we're hitting up Downtown Disney and then dedicating the rest of our time visiting each park throughout our 8 day visit. We have a 10 day ticket but may only use 8 days. I figure we can spend two days at each park. Assuming we won't get to see everything but I'm sure what we will get to do and see will be a blast. Spending the 30th and 31st at Hollywood Studios for New Years, which is why we're cutting our 10 day ticket short. I can't wait!!
Make sure you have the 'No Expiration' option on your tickets. This way, any unused days left on your tickets can be used at a later date! If you don't add that "No Expiration" option, the tickets will expire 14 days later and that is money lost.

Multiple Visits up to 2005; Saratoga Springs 12/2006; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2008; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2009; ASMovies 10/2009; Coronado Springs 12/2009;Pop 1/2010; Pop/DCL-Magic/Universal 1/2011; POFQ 8/2011; Pop 1/2012; RCCL Cruise/POP/Disney Parks/POR 6/2012 ;Pop 2/2013; POFQ 2014 Disney and Universal; Disneyland, Paradise Pier Hotel 1/2014
ocean134 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #78
Mamu

DIS Veteran
A perennial favorite
My children call me "Mud Duck"

We usually arrive in Orlando around 11:00 in the morning, this give us plenty of time to check into our resort and rest a little. We usually head to the park thats open late that night.

Our opcoming May trip we will not be arriving until later in the day. We thought we would hang-out at the Boardwalk considering we are staying at BWI.

Mamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #79
freshlybarked
DIS Veteran

Thank God we were able to make another trip to our favorite place. Actually we stay at FW so we set up camp and explore and then check out a park at night.

FW: Nov. '08, May '09, July '09, Aug. '09, Oct. '09, Dec. '09, March '10, June/July '10 and November '10
freshlybarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #80
mrsltg
The TF wishes you happier days ahead!
Seriously - you may as well drip dry as try to get by with one square!
Miss Sneaker Pants

This year we'll be arriving around 9 or so in the morning. We plan to check-in and head over to Beaches and Cream for a kitchen sink rematch (DHs words...) then walk around the boardwalk. Back to our hotel to hopefully settle into our room and rest a little before heading to dinner at Boma. It's going to be a great day and the best part is, it's NEXT FRIDAY!!!! WOOHOO!!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #81
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltg View Post
This year we'll be arriving around 9 or so in the morning. We plan to check-in and head over to Beaches and Cream for a kitchen sink rematch (DHs words...) then walk around the boardwalk. Back to our hotel to hopefully settle into our room and rest a little before heading to dinner at Boma. It's going to be a great day and the best part is, it's NEXT FRIDAY!!!! WOOHOO!!!!
For us too-- the next Friday thing!! We'll get in around Noon, so we'll have lunch at Mara/AKL and then check out and see how crowded the parks really are the day after Tgiving! We have dinner at Chef Mickey's which is our family tradition. Just can't wait!!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:40 PM   #82
princessmom29
DIS Veteran

Last year we arrived about 3:30 and hit MK for the dessert party that night. This year we hope to get there by 5:00 and go to DTD for shopping and dinner.
princessmom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #83
Shelli_5
Wants a Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke purse!

First & Last Day Plans

I loved reading everyone's ideas! Our flight is short & we'll arrive in Orlando at 10am, so we're planning to (hopefully) check in early & have lunch at our hotel. Then, we'll head over to Epcot for the rest of the day. After reading this thread, I think we'll enjoy a leisurely stroll through the World Showcase. We have super early dinner reservations at Le Cellier at 4:15pm. Who knows if we'll make it to Illuminations that night!!

Our flight home leaves Orlando at 4:30pm, so we can't really justify the extra expense of going to a park that day. We're going to sleep in, check out of the hotel, store our luggage, & head over to DTD. I'm looking forward to trying Wolfgang Puck Express for the first time & looking through all the neat Disney shops. Hopefully I won't go on a spending spree.

Shelli
Dec 2004 - Shades of Green
Sept 2005 - Pop Century
Feb 2011 - Shades of Green
Oct 2013 - Coronado Springs
Nov 2014 - Universal Studios - planning in progress
Shelli_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #84
lilosurf11
Mouseketeer

We always used to go to a park and just walk around. I always hated that. This time, we are going to the hotel, my parents will get groceries, and then we will go to Earl of Sandwich for lunch or dinner and then walk around DTD for a while.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #85
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

We always go straight to Downtown Disney! The kids love visitng LEGOland and I love shopping. We usually get in anywhere between 12 noon and 3pm.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Old 02-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #86
growinupdisney
DIS Veteran

We usually go to epcot ride The Mexico, Norway rides walk leisurely around the countries have lunch and snack throughout the day ( we love to eat at Epcot) then ride Spaceship Earth and head back to resort around 8pm unpack and get some sleep for the next day.

We have done DHS a couple of times on arrival day especially when it a Fantasmic Night. When we do this the older kids head straight to TOT and RNR then we just do whatever has low wait times and shows that we can fit in and then get some quick dinner and watch Fantasmic this ia also a great start to the vacation but we are out a little later then if we went to Epcot.

My kids prefer the DHS arrival day versus the Epcot day but we are planning on doing Epcot this year again but I'm planning on letting the kids do Kim Possible this time so it will be alot more fun then just walking around the countries! I always ask them which they prefer and they did say DHS first but when I mentioned Kim Possible they changed their minds.

For my DH he prefers Epcot he gets to have a few beers from around the world and he is happy since we just finished up a 11 drive.

There is no better place on Earth than Walt Disney World!
growinupdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #87
msujroot
Mouseketeer

For some reason, I have a hard time wasting a day at Disney with only a 1/2 day in the park...we are usually doing some sort of dining package, so we try to fly down the day before our trip starts. If we fly in late, we will stay at the airport hotel and then catch an early ride to our resort hotel. If we fly in earlier, we use that day to stay at a resort that we wouldn't normally stay at (AKL usually). We bum around the resort, catch a nice dinner, and maybe do some DD or something like that.

The next morning (early), we head to our "real" resort to check in. Bags are transferred for us, which is really nice.
June 2006 - Wilderness Lodge CL July 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside / Yacht Club CL
March 2008 - Offsite
April 2009 - Wilderness Lodge CL July 2010 - Beach Club / Polynesian CL
msujroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #88
Mouse_Geek
Earning My Ears

We love to shop and play mini golf along with swimming. Plus you can relax and get your plans ready for the next of couple of days. We all know what that is like hahaa coming in at 11pm or even later then waking up around 6am. Maybe even earlier then that for some.
Mouse_Geek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: