Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #16
Agri
DIS Veteran

It depends. We have been flying down this year and when we stayed at POR, it was cheaper to fly in on a late flight the evening prior to the day we had originally planned to arrived. That time, we got food at the resort and went to bed as the parks were closed by the time we got to the hotel. Usually, we get to our resort by noon, and if mom isn't too tired we go out to a park. If she's tired, I usually go get her some food and head out into the parks solo. Its a relatively short flight for us, so we don't have a lot of travel to recuperate from.

We are not always into the QS at our hotel (definitely didn't like POR much), so we tend to head out somewhere else right away to eat. Sometimes we come back for a nap and then go to our dinner ADR and then catch one of the fireworks shows.

We usually hit Epcot first. :D
Agri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #17
2littlez'sandme
Mouseketeer

Generally, our arrival day is by car and around noon. We head to DTD to have lunch, then to the World of Disney store to get our bearings on what souveniers may come home with us. We leave DTD around 3pm, head to the grocery, purchase our share of snacks and other goodies, then head to our timeshare. We get to bed early that night, so we can attempt to get to rope drop the following morning.

Last time I traveled by plane with my BFF, we arrived in the afternoon, headed to DTD, ate lunch at Wolfgang Puck's, then headed out to the timeshare. We had a late dinner ADR at Crystal Palace, then stayed to watch 'Wishes' and the MSEP. The best part was getting to ride BTMRR right before the park closed. Love BTMRR at night....it's the best ride in the wilderness.
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #18
prune1977
Mouseketeer

We're going to arrive at Orlando Int. at 4:15 pm so by the time we get to the resort, check in got get dinner and check out the resort.
prune1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #19
Dsny4fun
Mouseketeer

Downtown Disney
Dsny4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #20
ScarlettDarling
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybeasley View Post
Out of curiosity, what do you check out at a resort? Do they each have their own activities? Decorations? Parties?Bars?
Each resort always has some kind of activity going on and I love just walking around and enjoying the scenery. Each resort is so unique and just being at one of them makes me happy. I've been to DW so many times so I'm not in a rush to get to the parks. I get excited just by being at the hotel.
ScarlettDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #21
Elliesmommy
Mouseketeer

I have always had an early flight to WDW. Often I am checked in by 12:30 so I go to MK until about 7pm or so. Then I go back to the room and crash.

I take WDW very casually and usually get to a the parks at 11am so 12:30 is not much of a late start in my book.

Elliesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #22
mollygirl13
DIS Veteran

We stay at the EPCOT Resorts so we usually get settled in our room, get some lunch and then head to World Showcase.

After that, we leisurely walk to Jellyrolls!

Last edited by mollygirl13; 11-15-2010 at 07:14 PM.
mollygirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:11 PM   #23
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Last time we got in around lunch time and just went to downtown Disney and hung out by the pool all night. This time we'll get there around lunch time and we plan on hitting downtown Disney and going to Illuminations that night. We'll be driving from NY, so we don't want to do much that day we finally get there.
DS~2
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #24
H.E. Pennypacker
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

We always try to take the same flight there and back, so we usually arrive right around noon. Once we get the rental car, our first stop is always CiCi's pizza. We stay offsite either at Windsor Hills, or at a timeshare, so the next stop is either Target or Walmart for supplies for the week. By then it's time to check in. Once we're settled, in it's usually off to a park or resort for a late dinner. Liberty Tree Tavern at MK if it's open late that night, else Coral Reef at Epcot.
H.E. Pennypacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #25
Mrs. P. Charming
Earning My Ears

I am arriving at noon and then my first night is the MVMCP!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #26
jmkjr72
DIS Veteran

we have a set arrival day its written in stone
we arrive if room is ready we go to the room and put the carryons away if not leave them and pull the suits out and go to the pool till the room is ready
then about 400 we head dtd and see what the wait is at rainforest cafe
after dinner we head to the pin store dtd and then over the the big store where stich spits at you and all pick out a new hat for the trip
jmkjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #27
kmsimone
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Check in, Unpack, Relax, Unwind
Usually poolside for a few hours and then one of the parks (Epcot for dinner)
kmsimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #28
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

We used to never go to a park on our arrival day, instead we would walk around our own resort, go resort hopping, and then go to DTD. However in September we decided to go to MK on arrival day (we were staying at CR so it was easy to get to) and spent a couple of hours riding some rides and just taking in the fact that we were actually in Disney before heading back to get ready for our dinner at CG. Now when we go in May we are staying at BCV so our plan is to walk over to Epcot to enjoy our dinner at Teppan Edo and to watch Illuminations.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #29
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

In Jan we're arriving at 10:30 so we couldnt resist going to a park in the afternoon. We spent 2 days at MK in Oct so we decided to reprise MK for half a day -- our faves, a couple rides that were closed before plus parades and fireworks. A nice nap in the afternoon and a few hours reminding us of our last trip and it will be the perfect intro to an 8 day vacation.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:45 PM   #30
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

On our upcoming trip we are flying in at 10:45am. We are arriving on Jan 1st so we are NOT going to the park since its a 10 on the crowd level. We are staying at CR and have a Kona ADR at 2:35pm. We plan to just hang around CR and explore GF and Poly to check out the Christmas decorations. We'll be up at 4am or earlier for our flight so we will be in bed as soon as we watch Wishes from our balcony. If we are hungry before bed we'll order room service
arcticdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: