Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

? about Epcot Food and Wine race-10/1

Last year they had an option for the families of the runners to buy a ticket to go to Epcot afterwards for the after-party event. For 2011, I can't find any such option for buying such a ticket. Does anyone know what I'm referring to and whether or not they're going to have that option this year? And if so, does anyone know how much it costs?
Old 02-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
bporcelli
Earning My Ears

My wife is planning on running in this race and she registered for the "Race" last monday.

I too started to research the after party.

Here's the link:

(add http) ://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/?page=finish-line-party

I plan on just checking it every once in a while and see the cost,etc.

Brian

Last edited by bporcelli; 02-21-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typo
bporcelli is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

As a frequent spectator for Disney running events, it usually takes a good amount of time for them to work all the kinks out of the event pages, open up all the ticket purchases, etc. I'd check back...but rest assured, they'll take your money.

This year's F&W marathon is going to be my first half...should be fun to be on the other side of the ropes.
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:32 AM   #4
aliinfl
Earning My Ears

I worked at this event as a course monitor. If anyone remembers running up NY street with the Osborne Lights,my daughter and I were there waving our flashlights to go "this way" lol! It was awesome having the street all to ourselves until the first runner made it though. Even though hearing the same 3 songs over and over got to be a tad much after 4 hours, but I digress! lol Anyhooo, I had head that the afterparty was kinda crazy. We never made it over there since our shift ended so late, but I did hear that some of the tasting lines were worse at the party than during peak days of the F&W fest. I heard perhaps, they may try to retool this after-event a bit, in order to make the runner's happier. I haven't heard anything else on the matter yet though.
aliinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliinfl View Post
I worked at this event as a course monitor. If anyone remembers running up NY street with the Osborne Lights,my daughter and I were there waving our flashlights to go "this way" lol! It was awesome having the street all to ourselves until the first runner made it though. Even though hearing the same 3 songs over and over got to be a tad much after 4 hours, but I digress! lol Anyhooo, I had head that the afterparty was kinda crazy. We never made it over there since our shift ended so late, but I did hear that some of the tasting lines were worse at the party than during peak days of the F&W fest. I heard perhaps, they may try to retool this after-event a bit, in order to make the runner's happier. I haven't heard anything else on the matter yet though.

How did you get to work the race as a course monitor? I used to work some of the races DH ran in, and I agree-it's lots of fun. I'm not too sure about this year, come to think of it-this is DH's first half marathon in over 33 years, so I might feel a little more comfortable just as a spectator in case anything goes wrong (although he's training well, so I doubt it). Thanks for the info about it taking time to work all the kinks out-I was afraid they weren't doing it this year, because I didn't see it yet. Now I know to try to be patient with them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: