Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
boxergal
Earning My Ears

One Day Visit

Myself and a coworker were scheduled for training in LA and we took the opportunity to go to Disneyland for one day. Since we both had been to Disneyworld in late October, we were excited to see what the difference between the two parks would be.

Unfortunately when we purchased our tickets on the Disneyland website, there was no mention made on their website that they would be taping the Christmas parade and show on November 7th, the day we chose to visit the park. We were disappointed that the main street was completely off limits to all guests until late afternoon. But we spent time touring the rest of the park, enjoying a Dole Whip (only one flavor of ice cream here!), and waited to see the fireworks (wishes - but not the same as wishes at Disney World & Fantasmic). Fantasmic was not as good as at Disney World - it was hard to see the images thrown up on the water.

And the most disappointing part of our trip was that because the castle was blocked by the stage, there was only two points in the park where the Disney PhotoPass photographers were located, other than where the Disney character meets were located. I would have been extremely upset if I had pre-purchased the Disney photopass cd for three photos in the park! However, we had over 200 photos from our Disney World visit.

We both felt that there was no comparison between Disneyland and Disney World. If you can only do one - Disney World is the place to go.
boxergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

Disneyland '88, '93, Feb. '10, Jan. '11, Feb. '12, Jan. '13

Disney World - Pop Century April '14

Last edited by Dizzy4DL; 11-16-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Dizzy4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
Tink91
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxergal View Post
We both felt that there was no comparison between Disneyland and Disney World. If you can only do one - Disney World is the place to go.
I don't agree!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

It wouldn't have made any sense to pre-order a PhotoPass CD for Disneyland(just exclusively for Disneyland Resort, not counting anything that's on the same CD from WDW), so it's just as well that you didn't do it that way. Everyone pretty much buys the DLR CD after they return from their trips. You actually lose money by pre-ordering DLR CD's, whereas you save money by pre-ordering the CD for WDW. The DLR PhotoPass CD is only $59.95, so to pre-order would have cost you an extra $40.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxergal View Post
If someone spends one day at any WDW park that was under going special circumstances like when you went to DL and had been to DLR they would say the exact opposite as you. Almost gauranteed.

It's unfortunate that your timing was off. You seem too focused on the impact of the parade filming that you found to be a negative.

Could you name 5 things that are better in DL than in the MK?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
boxergal
Earning My Ears

Okay, 5 things I liked about Disneyland -

Christmas decorations were up in New Orleans Square
Haunted Mansion was decorated with Nightmare before Christmas theme
My husband waited in line to get a photo with Goofy :-)
It was Harry Potter Day - an unexpected surprise for this HP fan
Any day at Disney is a good day
boxergal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: