Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

May 12, 2012 7 Night Western on the Fantasy

Starting this cruise meets thread! We are near empty nester Disney fans sailing for the second time. This will be our first ever 7 night cruise! Me Hope(51) and Marc(60). Looking forward to talking about any and everything about this cruise!!

Old 11-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Hi there! We just booked this cruise while we were on the Wonder on Dec 2nd. I LOVE Disney cruises and so do the kids! This will be our third with Disney. Looking forward to the bigger ship! I'll have to check them out more now that we're actually booked. Our dinner at Palo on the Wonder was awesome. I can't wait to find out more about Remy. It sounds delightful!

Here's my family and ages as of May 2012...
Kyrie 39
Marc 41
Jacob 7
Max 5
Ella 3
(TBA) 1

We're getting two cabins across the hall from each other. We had to have at least one verandah!

The kids love the clubs and Ella will be so happy she can go next time. I can't even imagine when the day comes that we don't have a little one too young for the clubs and we get more alone time. I love spending time with the kids, but am NOT disappointed when they are so happy at the club that they would rather be there for a few hours. Guilt free alone time!
Old 12-24-2010, 03:58 AM   #4
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Yeah!! Glad to meet you Kyrie! I'm sure you'll be a wealth of info. This is only our 2nd cruise ever. Wish my boys could have enjoyed all of these kids clubs. We're hoping to book Palo for the first time. Plus I have to get more info on the formal night and the Captain's Gala. Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
Hi there! We just booked this cruise while we were on the Wonder on Dec 2nd. I LOVE Disney cruises and so do the kids! This will be our third with Disney. Looking forward to the bigger ship! I'll have to check them out more now that we're actually booked. Our dinner at Palo on the Wonder was awesome. I can't wait to find out more about Remy. It sounds delightful!

Here's my family and ages as of May 2012...
Kyrie 39
Marc 41
Jacob 7
Max 5
Ella 3
(TBA) 1

We're getting two cabins across the hall from each other. We had to have at least one verandah!

The kids love the clubs and Ella will be so happy she can go next time. I can't even imagine when the day comes that we don't have a little one too young for the clubs and we get more alone time. I love spending time with the kids, but am NOT disappointed when they are so happy at the club that they would rather be there for a few hours. Guilt free alone time!

Old 12-26-2010, 08:10 AM   #5
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Nice to meet you too. I'm certainly no expert yet, but when you do have questions feel free to ask. I look forward to reading about people's experience on the Dream soon. I love to research and plan our vacations--it's half the fun!

I noticed you're DVC owners also. Have you visited HHI before or is your upcoming trip your first? How often do you get to WDW?

We own at BWV and BLT. We've stayed at BWV, BLT, AKV, BCV, and VWL. I'd like to visit Aulani in Jan or Feb of 2012. Someday I'd like a Hawaiian timeshare, but not sure it will be DVC. We definately like visiting more than one island and I'm not sure I want to spend that much time on Oahu. We'll see.

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 12-26-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
Nice to meet you too. I'm certainly no expert yet, but when you do have questions feel free to ask. I look forward to reading about people's experience on the Dream soon. I love to research and plan our vacations--it's half the fun!

I noticed you're DVC owners also. Have you visited HHI before or is your upcoming trip your first? How often do you get to WDW?

We own at BWV and BLT. We've stayed at BWV, BLT, AKV, BCV, and VWL. I'd like to visit Aulani in Jan or Feb of 2012. Someday I'd like a Hawaiian timeshare, but not sure it will be DVC. We definately like visiting more than one island and I'm not sure I want to spend that much time on Oahu. We'll see.
Nice to meet another DVC'r! This May will be our first trip to Disney's HHI. We are really excited! We own at BWV, BLT and BCV but have yet to get to BLT or BCV! The Fantasy cruise is cutting into some of that DVC time...We go to WDW between one and two times per year. In 2011, only BWV (F&W) in October, HHI in May. 2012, well it's the Fanatasy cruise then probably a BCV trip in Oct/Nov. Just don't have enough vacation time!

I am looking into some excursions not offered through Disney. They look pretty reputable, lots of positive posts about them on the cruiseline forum. http://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/
Do you have any experience with other excursion companies?

Old 12-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #7
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Count Me In!

So excited to find this Meet Thread! This will be our first DCL cruise, although my DH and I have been on 7 or 8 cruises on various other lines. This time we'll be bringing our DD. Our ages at the time of sailing:

Me (Jessica) -- 37
DH (Charles) -- 45
DD (Jocelyn) -- 2 1/2

We are coming all the way from sunny CA, so I'm hoping to make a stop at WDW either before or after the cruise (maybe both, who knows?).

Any advice you have in regards to the Nursery will be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to start all the planning!!
Old 12-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #8
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the new baby Dr&momto2boys!!! I just saw your siggie!!

Old 12-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
So excited to find this Meet Thread! This will be our first DCL cruise, although my DH and I have been on 7 or 8 cruises on various other lines. This time we'll be bringing our DD. Our ages at the time of sailing:

Me (Jessica) -- 37
DH (Charles) -- 45
DD (Jocelyn) -- 2 1/2

We are coming all the way from sunny CA, so I'm hoping to make a stop at WDW either before or after the cruise (maybe both, who knows?).

Any advice you have in regards to the Nursery will be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to start all the planning!!
Well it has been almost 20 years ago since my last one was in a nursery.... I'm sure Dr&momto2boys can help you out on that one!! Yeah, great to have you on the Dismeets thread!!

Old 01-07-2011, 08:07 AM   #10
Cowgirlroy
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone
My fiancé and I just booked this cruise while we were on the wonder dec 30. Can't wait to get back out on that water. We saw the dream while we docked at port before the wonder was off thru the panama canal. Looks a lot bigger then wonder and magic. But beautiful.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #11
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Welcome Cowgirlroy!! Looking forward to talking about this cruise. You seem like a cruise vet so I will definitely be picking your brain!!

Old 01-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #12
AllTexan
Mouseketeer

Second Disney Cruise

Hi everyone, count us in as well. This will mine and DW second cruise (first without the kiddos).

It will just be the 2 of us (Alex & Amy) as we will celebrate 20 years of happy marriage while on board.

We loved our first cruise, but at 3 nights it went too fast. Looking forward to the longer cruise on the new ship.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #13
Crinkler
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirlroy View Post
Hey everyone
My fiancé and I just booked this cruise while we were on the wonder dec 30. Can't wait to get back out on that water. We saw the dream while we docked at port before the wonder was off thru the panama canal. Looks a lot bigger then wonder and magic. But beautiful.
I am the fiancee she is talking about, can't wait to meet everyone. Looking forward to sailing on the fantasy I bet she will be beautiful.

Lucky 7th sailing of the Fantasy - May 12/12
A WONDERful New Years 7 Night Eastern - Dec 30/10
4 Nights on the Wonder - Apr. 25/10

POP Century - Oct. 2009
POP Century - Dec. 2008
POP Century - Dec. 2007

I'm a POP-a-holic!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #14
papa
Cruisetoberfest Veterans and big kids at heart

Look for our smiling face to join you on this cruise. This will be our 8th disney cruise, the first disney cruise in 4 years.
09/28/2002 Magic Western Route(Cruisears Cruise.)
10/11/2003 Magic Cruisetoberfest II,10/02/2004 cruisetoberfestIII
09/17/2006 Wonder 11 days Southern Caribbean
09/22/2007 Magic Western
10/19/2008 Mariner of the seas 03/27/2011 Freedom of the seas
05/12/2012 Disney Fantasy10/05/2013 Disney Fantasy Cruisetoberfest V
02/06/2014 Disney Dream 09/26/2014 Disney Wonder

Last edited by papa; 02-06-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #15
JoeSchmieg
DVC Memeber - BCV AKV

Hello all. My wife (Andrea) and I (Joe) will be joining you on this cruise. This will be our 7th Disney Cruise. We just got off the maiden voyage of the Disney Dream. Heading to Alaska in August on the Wonder.

We were able to book an inside stateroom for this cruise to experience the virtual port hole. Looking forward to this cruise as 4 days on the Dream was no where near enough time to truely explore the new ship!

Hoping to be able to get in to Remy on this cruise!

Talk to you all soon!
Joe
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: