Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #106
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Those final days before leaving are my favorite! I do love the hustle and bustle of everything coming together!

When we were going in September, I decided to try online checkin. It didn't work...it kept telling me I had to be 18 years of age Like I don't wish I was 18 again
I learned from an informed tech support cm that the linked DVC reservations are more advanced than the system and they are working on updating the system...no online check-in for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
great updates!!!

Enjoy the last few days at home!!

HAPPY PACKING!
I am anxious so I can't say I am enjoying the days...but I am busy enough for the time to go a bit quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsmom View Post
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Oh, wait, I'm not going, just you guys...

Have a GREAT trip and I can't wait to read your TR!!! When you pass by the boat docks in front of MK, say hi to the FW launch for me!

I wish you would be there. I'd love to meet you and give you a great big hug. Heck I am welling up thinking about it! I will certainly say "Hi" for you!
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #107
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Sooo, not only were DH and I watching the Orlando forecast...now, we are busy panicking about the Philly forecast...We might get snow on Wed! UGH. what is so frustrated is that we are only two days away and no one is making a real prediction?! The one station has it down to two possible tracks.

On the positive side...DD still doesn't know when we leave. She thinks 2/5...her sister shook her head yes at dinner to her, and when I looked at her, she acted sheepishly like she didn't do anything. DH and I also talked about dinners for the week, and I told the girls we would go out Friday night--we discussed local restaurants.

Today, I wore my hidden Mickey sweater. One of my students noticed the Mickeys. Some colleagues complimented it- but didn't see the Mickeys...I didn't tell them about them either. (They already think I am crazy. )

Tomorrow will be another quick day. I half a half day with students and a half day to work on marking period grades. I am finished 90% of the marking period grades (I have a couple of kids to turn in make up work.) So, I will be working on my lesson plans for my sub. My girls have an ortho appt in the evening.

Wednesday is an Inservice day. I am not even sure what we are working on...I will be going over my touring plans probably and double checking the packing list. (Everything will be ready to go except toiletries when I leave for school.) When I get home I will hang Hannah's sign (from Milliepie's 4 shared files): Please visit to see [/URL]http://www.4shared.com/photo/kQoqeoG...eypantsmh.html

Once the girls are home, they can finalize they flight backpacks (they packed these a week ago) and we will be on the road to my FIL's house. He will then drive us to airport.

No SNOW or SLEET
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #108
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Giving you lots of pixie dust for no snow or sleet!!

I think we'll be okay. Looks like it will be mostly rain at this point from what I've seen. Sooooo excited for you!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #109
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'll send pixie dust your way for no snow!! We got a little bit of snow today in Cincinnati but no more than an inch.. a dusting probably. Driving to work was a bit icy but they don't tend to use salt on the roads here unless we get a ton of snow so that's why!

It's great that with technology these days that you are able to check you flight status so often without having to call!

Happy continued packing!!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 AM   #111
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Sending lots of pixie dust that the snow stays away from you!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #112
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Thank you everyone!

Forecast has now changed- messy rain snow in am and FOUR TO EIGHT INCHES in evening!!!

I called Southwest and changed our flight to 11:20 tomorrow morning!!!

I LOVE Southwest! They let me change the flight and for a one time weather related change - I did not have to pay any extra!!!

Okay- so I will check in later tonight. I need to run back to school to finish plans- I was supposed to go in for an inservice tomorrow, but I am certainly sick- so I will have to call out!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #113
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Thank you everyone!

Forecast has now changed- messy rain snow in am and FOUR TO EIGHT INCHES in evening!!!

I LOVE Southwest! They let me change the flight and for a one time weather related change - I did not have to pay any extra!!!

Okay- so I will check in later tonight. I need to run back to school to finish plans- I was supposed to go in for an inservice tomorrow, but I am certainly sick- so I will have to call out!
Woooo Hoooo!!! Yay for no flight change fee!!! This changing forecast is crazy!! I think you're going to be totally fine leaving tomorrow morning!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #114
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Thank you everyone!

How fun - have a great trip!!!! Can't wait to hear about it!
tinkerbell60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #115
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

It's great to hear about the change! Safe travels to all of you! It looks like the snow is going to miss us tomorrow. It said Cincinnati and south/east would get hit but just a few inches. I'd gladly take snow or nothing over that!

Enjoy the last few hours at home!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #117
mgsmom
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, this is getting SO EXCITING!!! Go go go go!!!!

Are we there yet???
2000 CR Garden Wing
2004 All 4 parks in one day

2010 FW Cabin

2011 FW rented 5W

2012 Pop Century

2013 Castaway Cay (Disney Dream)
mgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:20 AM   #118
QuirkyButterfly
DIS Veteran

Hope you have a great time

Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back
QuirkyButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:50 AM   #119
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful time!!!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:44 AM   #120
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

I'm going to Disney World!!

Leaving for FIL's in an hour and a half. Super excited, but we are still a bit anxious about weather. It is snowing pretty hard now. There is supposed to be a lull in snow- maybe some rain. This should happen around our flight time. Girls school is closed for the day; my inservice is now a 2 hour delay. I am SO relieved that we changed our flight.

Later today we will be in warm temps!

Talk to you when I get back.

Update: News just reported that delays are beginning at the airport.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: