Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #91
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Hey, Debby! Joining in late but wishing you a wonderful trip!

I went to college near Philly and grew up near Reading so seeing some of my PA roots brings back memories!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #92
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Oh my goodness!! You have to do the single digit dance tonight before you go to bed!!
Okay, so I missed it. Today is 8 days. I need you to SHOW me the single digit dance...Did you have a snow day today? Maybe you could upload the single digit dance to you tube?! Please send link ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsmom View Post
Wow! You're almost there!!!

I can't wait to hear about your resorts - I know they weren't your first choice, but sometimes that can turn out to be the best times!!!
I am excited about trying OKW - just nervous about change. I LOVE AKV so I am thrilled to be going there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
10 days...wow....I'm so excited for you! I am sick in the way that I like to have stuff to do cause it really does help the time pass....now, having said that, one trip I was actually completely finished everything the day before and I thought I would go nuts....I was up and down like a yo yo
I've started packing...more on that in my next post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
It will be here before you know it - and just remember to enjoy the anticipation!!!
Thanks - I am, but really I worry about the let down after the trip!
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #93
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Hey, Debby! Joining in late but wishing you a wonderful trip!

I went to college near Philly and grew up near Reading so seeing some of my PA roots brings back memories!
Hello! I see you went in November and you are headed back in spring! Any summer heat for your family this year too? (I have to see if those are links or just words.)

I am glad to bring you some memories!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #94
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

EIGHT DAYS!!! Where to put tickets?

All right - Eight days and I am home for a snow day! What is one to do? One should be grading papers - I promise that I will be doing that after spending a little time with Disney related activities!

I started packing:
I have many outfits packed for the girls in one suitcase hidden in the closet.

I have a couple of my clothing items in a storage pop box along with DH and my swimsuit.

I have lists going: carry on, food items, medicine.

I also saved photography advice as PDF files to add to my Nook Color for reference.

Then, I have these crazy questions. What should I carry our AP's in? What do others do? I worry about just a pocket...what if they fall out?

I carried them in the summer in a pouch around my neck...needless to say I look like a dork in pictures!

What do all of you do with tickets?
Old 01-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #95
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Happy Snow Day! Good question about the APs. Do you not carry a bag into the parks?
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #96
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Happy Snow Day! Good question about the APs. Do you not carry a bag into the parks?
Jackie- you didn't have another snow day, did you?

of course I carry a Vera......I don't do well with bandolier style so not cute hipster or mailbag. I have a yellow bird sm backpack (old style without magnetic enclosure.) I put the tix in the front zip section on the front on past trips, but it's not convenient to pull out for FP etc... I store my SLR in the bag with cell phone, wallet, etc. The camera is big.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #97
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Hello! I see you went in November and you are headed back in spring! Any summer heat for your family this year too? (I have to see if those are links or just words.)

I am glad to bring you some memories!
Yep, we got APs so we're doing/did: July 2010, Nov 2010 and May 2011. Yes, they are links in my siggie.

If we can avoid the summer again, we will! Man, it was H_O_T! We are actually thinking about January 2012 for the next-next vacation so we don't have to pay for Elizabeth's meals/tickets (she turns 3 in March).

The past 2 trips, I used a slim travel purse that I picked up from Eastern Mountain Sports. It actually carried quite a lot (phone, pen, tickets, paper, small candy, money but was about the size of my hand.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:23 AM   #98
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Jackie- you didn't have another snow day, did you?

of course I carry a Vera......I don't do well with bandolier style so not cute hipster or mailbag. I have a yellow bird sm backpack (old style without magnetic enclosure.) I put the tix in the front zip section on the front on past trips, but it's not convenient to pull out for FP etc... I store my SLR in the bag with cell phone, wallet, etc. The camera is big.
Nope, just rain here in Georgia yesterday. We were finally back in school and the kids were absolutely crazy. They were far too excited to be with their friends again.

What about one of those lanyards with the fast pass holders? I have one on my lanyard, and it did make it convenient to get to the tickets.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:14 AM   #99
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Haha, my single digit dance pretty much looks like this... . Seriously! We try to emulate the dancing banana!

We did not have a snow day yesterday, just a delayed opening which was nice at first but then you realize the whole day is thrown off and the kids are all wacky!

As for APs, I understand your fears! First of all, do you have a voucher right now or the actual tickets? Either way, as soon as you get your actual tickets, take a picture of the back of it, that way in case you lose it, they'll be able to replace them. As for where to put them, on previous trips, we always kept them in the front flap of our camera bag, since that is carried like a cross-over and pretty easily accessible. Last year, since I got my Hipster, I put them in a plastic card holder and then put THAT in the back, zipper pocket of my hipster.

One week!!!!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #100
mgsmom
DIS Veteran

Oh, those snow days! I am so glad we are back - we had 3 snow days and 2 delayed days - it was awful. The first snow day was our first day of semester exams

Are you going to have belt loops? Maybe use one of the Vera ID holders and you can clip it to your belt loop and slide it in your pocket. Or, you can hook it to the strap of your bag and then put it on the inside of the bag? It's a good excuse to go shopping!!!

Are we there yet???
2000 CR Garden Wing
2004 All 4 parks in one day

2010 FW Cabin

2011 FW rented 5W

2012 Pop Century

2013 Castaway Cay (Disney Dream)
mgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #101
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I use a lanyard and clear ID pocket (of sorts I guess?) They gave them to us when we were CMs because we had to wear them when we were backstage so I just kept mine and use that now. I will take it off or put it in my pocket for pictures so it's not a huge deal to be off for a few seconds and then put it right back on when they hand back the PP card.

You can buy the clear ID holders at Walmart and they will typically fit any lanyard assuming it as something that can latch onto it. I got them for my parents when I was still a CM and they love them too!

HAPPY PACKING!

WHOOPS..I didn't read the AP part..

I didn't use mine all that often, just for a FP in the morning so I just put it right back in my wallet when I'm done with it. I figure if I lose my room key that's in my Lanyard which I almost did one time in Mousegear, that can be replaced easily. For what little I use the AP for FP (since they are spaced out in time), I always just put it in my wallet, it's safer in there!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #102
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Leaving in three days- rambling a bit in this post

Thanks for the ideas. I guess I will either stick with the pouch from last trip or keep them in the front zipper of my vera backpack - I love the old Vera design...the new one with the magnetic closure just doesn't cut it for Disney!

So, what have I been doing for these past 5 days...

Visiting SIL and brother at hospital waiting for my nephew to be (false alarm).

Teaching 11th graders - new motto in room 226 - CARE. I simply just asked them to care...and some of them took it to heart. (some of them already do...)

Wash and packing, searching for my airline ticket holder...and searching ... and looking at stores for a replacement...buying options for replacement, searching for the original some more. (I am ridiculously organized- to not locate something in my house in minutes causes me nausea!)

I found it! It is a travel wallet that Liberty Travel gave me with my honeymoon docs fifteen years ago. It isn't cute, but it has a velcro closure and two inside pockets and a pouch. Perfect for Magical Express, boarding passes, DD's birth certificates, and my license. It makes going through the airport so easy!

If anyone needs something to use like this that doesn't cost a fortune...I bought a pouch at Office Max...it is clear and a thin vinyl...it has a slide closure $1.49. It was in the isle with the sheet protectors. Another option is a clear thicker vinyl pouch $2.49. This one was a bit wider and was in the isle with the accordion style envelopes. (DH returned them for me today...)

Packing - so what did I pack? I only packed two Disney T-shirts. I packed a couple of other shirts that I enjoy wearing. Since the weather should be beautiful, I can look a little cuter than when we travel with 90 deg weather! I'm not taking pics...TR will have plenty!

Online check in is not working - UGH! I tried calling yesterday and CM said system wasn't working. I told her I'd just try today. So, it still isn't working and now the reservations line isn't working either.

I think I am finished rambling for now.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #103
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Those final days before leaving are my favorite! I do love the hustle and bustle of everything coming together!

When we were going in September, I decided to try online checkin. It didn't work...it kept telling me I had to be 18 years of age Like I don't wish I was 18 again
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #104
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

great updates!!!

Enjoy the last few days at home!!

HAPPY PACKING!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #105
mgsmom
DIS Veteran

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Oh, wait, I'm not going, just you guys...

Have a GREAT trip and I can't wait to read your TR!!! When you pass by the boat docks in front of MK, say hi to the FW launch for me!

Are we there yet???
2000 CR Garden Wing
2004 All 4 parks in one day

2010 FW Cabin

2011 FW rented 5W

2012 Pop Century

2013 Castaway Cay (Disney Dream)
mgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: