Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #31
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Day 1

I forgot; DH or myself will run down to Mara with the refillable mug to get creamer for our am coffee brewed in our room.

Day 1 - Early Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom

Breakfast - Mara opens for hot meals at 7.

For breakfast we will order two Breakfast Bounty Platters - scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, Mickey waffle, biscuit $8.29 for the four of us to share. If it isn't enough, we'll grab something else too.

After breakfast, we will head over to the bus stop for our MK bus.

We will spend our morning and afternoon at MK. I am thinking Pecos Bills for lunch. I think we can spilt meals there... depending on DDs preferences, we can get a chix wrap and a deluxe Angus burger (fixins on the side).

The evening plans have us traveling to Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic.
We will hop on the monorail to the Contemporary...

(which makes me question, should I call and see if BLT is available--DH said, doesn't hurt...) I will put this on the to do list. I'll call and see; member services is closed now.

At the contemporary, we'll grab a DHS bus. Once walking through the wonderful DHS streets, we can grab something to eat, head into Fantasmic and eat while we wait for the show! If we stuck with the plan earlier and shared, we will have four more counter credits to use.

Last edited by disneydreamingdebby; 12-30-2010 at 03:38 PM.
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #32
mgsmom
DIS Veteran

Oh, I'm so jealous! You're already planning food and everything! You are going to have SO much fun! I hope the weather warms back up a little bit for you!

Are we there yet???
2000 CR Garden Wing
2004 All 4 parks in one day

2010 FW Cabin

2011 FW rented 5W

2012 Pop Century

2013 Castaway Cay (Disney Dream)
mgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #33
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsmom View Post
Oh, I'm so jealous! You're already planning food and everything! You are going to have SO much fun! I hope the weather warms back up a little bit for you!
Thank you for reading. This pre-trip report is proving difficult to write. With Christmas, I have other ares to focus on than counting the days to Disney!
Old 12-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #34
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Almost forgot!

Thank goodness for the Dis! I just read a thread about Magical Express and realized that I didn't book it! Yikes!

I just went to the DVC Member website and completed my two requests: one to arrive at Jambo and the other to depart OKW...the site told me that 42 days out is when your papers and tags will arrive; if you book with less time, they will be sent asap.

I am not sure what happens if I am able to change our reservation to Bay Lake, but I am sure arrangements can be made.

I will have to try again this week to see if anyone has cancelled a reservation.

My girlfriend informed me that her cousin (who lives in the area) had a terrible bedbug infestation. So, now I am panicked about bringing them home again... I know what to look for, so I will be checking our rooms very carefully. I wonder if I can request that they put our luggage in the bathtub when we switch to OKW...we will be in the park while our luggage is transferred.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #35
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

good move on the bed bug issue! Our night 1 at POP, we got to the room and lifted the sheets and saw bugs in the fold of the mattress. After a fight from the manager who clamined his rooms are clean and inspected gave us a room in the furthest building in the last room of the building. It was for one night before going to WL so it wasn't bad but the level of customer service was horrible. Needless to say POP will be getting a letter and I was glad to recieve nothing but the best of service from WL which we've always gotten from POP so it's a sad disappointment!

Glad to hear you know what to look for!

TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:54 AM   #36
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Thank you for reading. This pre-trip report is proving difficult to write. With Christmas, I have other ares to focus on than counting the days to Disney!

Hang in there Debby - enjoy your holiday too!
tinkerbell60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #37
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
good move on the bed bug issue! Our night 1 at POP, we got to the room and lifted the sheets and saw bugs in the fold of the mattress. After a fight from the manager who clamined his rooms are clean and inspected gave us a room in the furthest building in the last room of the building. It was for one night before going to WL so it wasn't bad but the level of customer service was horrible. Needless to say POP will be getting a letter and I was glad to recieve nothing but the best of service from WL which we've always gotten from POP so it's a sad disappointment!

Glad to hear you know what to look for!
Sorry that management wasn't helpful. Ugh. Were you panicked about bringing them home?

I think I am going to make DH go somewhere with the girls while I go in the room. I am now fearful of any making their way on my clothes and traveling with me. (I really thought that the alarmist in me was safely suppressed.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
Hang in there Debby - enjoy your holiday too!
Thanks Wendy. My family and I are doing well. I didn't mean to make it sound otherwise. (I do know that Christmas Eve and Day are going to be difficult.)

On the positive side though: really, I am headed to Disney after Christmas ,and I am struggling to find the mojo for a PTR...woe is me...
Old 12-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #38
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Thanks Wendy. My family and I are doing well. I didn't mean to make it sound otherwise. (I do know that Christmas Eve and Day are going to be difficult.)

On the positive side though: really, I am headed to Disney after Christmas ,and I am struggling to find the mojo for a PTR...woe is me...
You did not sound otherwise - I just know how stressful this time of year can be and when you add in everything else it is even harder Yes, you are headed to DISNEY!!! Lucky you!
tinkerbell60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #39
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Day 2

None of the parks is open before 9 am. (quick grammar lesson: is/ are -either is correct in the sentence, but I wanted to emphasize that not a one is open...)

I have Animal Kingdom as our park of choice. Bummer, I was hoping to skip on over to Captain Cooks for some Tonga Toast... Nope, not happening. We are changing resorts to OKW this day, so AK is the logical park to go to.

Breakfast... we have to eat before the park (my crew are early risers and will not lose park time to eating - at least not at this hour.)

I suppose we will again split the breakfast options at Mara provided they were delicious the first time, which I am sure they will be.

AK for lunch - since we enjoyed Yak and Yeti for dinner over the summer, I think their counter service is a great choice for lunch.

One order of Honey Chix, please...maybe Sweet and Sour Chix as our choice or maybe (2) Honey Chix...depending on weather either two frozen lemonades or two chocolate cakes. One water and one sprite...DH can order a beer.

After more touring of AK, it will be time to go check out our new place at OKW. (Maybe I will head over first to check in and check out the mattress...) After settling briefly in OKW - maybe napping, we will head over to Epcot for the evening - extra magic hours!

Epcot dinner choices- wow! How will I decide this??? (with a little help from All Ears Menu, of course!!)

Option #1 - Sunshine Seasons - (2) Rotisserie Chix with two sides sounds good to split for four. Let the girls pick their desserts as a reward for not complaining about the chix? hehe

Option #2 - La Cantina de San Angel Counter
Empanadas de Queso and Tacos de Carne sound delish (can we manage to head over to WS on this evening?) I did choose the restaurant on the outer circle...

Late night snack - Whatever the two eight year olds' hearts desire!

Opinions?
Old 12-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #41
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Debby, I don't know how I missed this???

Oh well, I'm here now and so excited for you guys!! Cannot wait to hear as everything continues to unfold!!
Welcome over! Your trip report is making me so anxious for our trip!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #42
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Disney Christmas

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Ours was terrific. I wanted to share some of the Disney gifts under our tree this year:

My mom wrapped my gifts (and only my gifts) in Disney paper. One of them was in a box marked: For MY baby ...My Minnie teether. I was able to cut the ring off. When you squeeze Minnie, she giggles.

Santa brought pin trading bags for my daughters with an assortment of pins to trade on our trip.

The resort pins they have (not for trading)

Scrapbook kit from SIL

DH bought me a new charm for my Pandora bracelet.

He also bought me a pen set and T-shirt from the Disney Store.

Last edited by disneydreamingdebby; 12-27-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #43
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Day 3

Today's scheduled park is Hollywood Studios for Early magic hour.

Breakfast on this morning might need to be something we bring?! I don't think we can get as much bang for our buck for breakfast from Good's. If I bring a box of cereal, I can pick up milk at Conch Flats General Store.

We will do the Toy Story Mania dash...grab fastpasses and ride the ride.

Then, we can head over to ToT and RnR; maybe ride a couple of times??!!

At lunch time, we have some options. Others really complain about the lack of good food in this park, but I we've enjoyed food here.

I think maybe for lunch we will try Backlot Express. They have some good looking sandwiches for us and a large order of chix nuggets for the girls to share.

Maybe for dinner, we will head over to the Boardwalk Bakery...at some point during this trip, I have to get the peanut butter cake!!!

Our other option is to eat a sit down on this night. Wow; this is a new problem. If you could have one sit down dinner at Disney, where would you eat???
Old 12-28-2010, 06:44 AM   #44
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hi, Debby! I didn't know you were doing a PTR! I am here now!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: