Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
mousercise
Earning My Ears

Where to Buy Disney Park Merchandise Cheap

Hi all,

I wanted to share a couple tips to find Disney merchandise cheap.

Inside Disney:

1. Downtown Disney Marketplace has a place that sells merchandise for under $10. Don't expect to find bargains here - it's just a store that sells popular merchandise priced under $10.

Outside Disney:

1. Orlando Premium Outlets off 535 (near International Drive/Seaworld) has a character store that get items from the parks aftermarket.

2. There's a plaza outside of Downtown Disney on 535 called Lake Buena Vista Mall or something like that with a character store of Disney and Universal stuff.

3. The best advice - On International Drive, near the Howard Johnson hotel and before you get to the Titanic Experience/Chuck E Cheese (coming from Universal) there are a couple of outlet stores that sell primarily Disney merchandise and are also very cheap.

4. Keep in mind Disney sells two kinds of merchandise - retail and Park authentic. Park authentic can only be bought from Disney or DisneyStore.com and therefore is pricey (so I recommend only buying Park Authentic in the parks) but retail items are all-over - from Dollar generals to Walmarts and Targets to Publix and to even Amazon.com. Despite your kids may tempt you to buy it in the park, buy retail merchandise from retailers. It's easy to spot this - it's the same stuff you see in the stores and has a common manufacturer and Disney park authentic merchandise says Disney Park Exclusive or Authentic or something like that. This is easily true for most Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Toy Story, Legos, Marvel Superheros, Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise and pretty much all Books, DVDs, CDs, and video games. (Most retail prices are sold for MSRP and not the lower prices the stores sell them for)

To give you an idea as to what you'll save, take this DVD set for example:

Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes (Six-Pack) (2010)

In the parks, this is easily $49.99 but on Amazon sells for $27 and you get free shipping.
mousercise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousercise View Post
Hi all,

I wanted to share a couple tips to find Disney merchandise cheap.

Inside Disney:

1. Downtown Disney Marketplace has a place that sells merchandise for under $10. Don't expect to find bargains here - it's just a store that sells popular merchandise priced under $10.
Sorry, I don't agree. This shop always has 4 items for 10.00 (making each item 2.50). We have bought Disney hats, boxes of Christmas ornaments, and stuffed animals. And they give the AP discount so 4 items are LESS than 10.00 bucks on Disney property.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
mousercise
Earning My Ears

What's the name of the store - I may have been referring to bargain bins in hotels that say merchandise under $10 and forgot what store I was talking about.
mousercise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
DisGal520
surviver of Hurricane Charley @ WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousercise View Post
What's the name of the store - I may have been referring to bargain bins in hotels that say merchandise under $10 and forgot what store I was talking about.
the store in DTD is called
"Mickey's Mart - Everything $10 and Under"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: