Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #16
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Just read your review of Sanaa. I've heard good things about it and Boma as well but I'm not sure if I'd like either. I think I would go just to check out AKL! Never been!

I love the Tough to be a Bug line. The photo ops of the tree are the best! So much detail went into it!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 11-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #17
norybell
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great day at AK! I really want to try Sanaa one of these trips...I don't know if I've read a single bad thing about it!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #18
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Ooh, I can't believe no one has gotten the "GO-Rilla" reference yet. It's in Disney's "Tarzan" of course! Specifically when Clayton and Tarzan meet for the first time. Love that movie!

At least you got a shot of a gorilla. Sometimes they are too sh to come out in the open. I've never see the parade. DH is not one for parades, but I know when we take the family in October he's going to have to suck it up! I'll finally get to see all of them! Not to mention Nemo, never seen it. Can't wait!

Old 11-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #19
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Just read your review of Sanaa. I've heard good things about it and Boma as well but I'm not sure if I'd like either. I think I would go just to check out AKL! Never been!

I love the Tough to be a Bug line. The photo ops of the tree are the best! So much detail went into it!
I'm not big into spicy or exotic foods, but I thought Sanaa was pretty tame. They also have a burger on their menu, so when all else fails...

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Sounds like you had a great day at AK! I really want to try Sanaa one of these trips...I don't know if I've read a single bad thing about it!
We had a really easy going day at the AK. It was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Ooh, I can't believe no one has gotten the "GO-Rilla" reference yet. It's in Disney's "Tarzan" of course! Specifically when Clayton and Tarzan meet for the first time. Love that movie!

At least you got a shot of a gorilla. Sometimes they are too sh to come out in the open. I've never see the parade. DH is not one for parades, but I know when we take the family in October he's going to have to suck it up! I'll finally get to see all of them! Not to mention Nemo, never seen it. Can't wait!
Nope Not the gorilla reference!

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DH0u...eature=related starting at 9:10

Last edited by onelilspark; 11-16-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #20
dekkerdisneydreamer

Nope Not the gorilla reference!

I'll have to wait until I get home to see the actual reference. No You Tube at work.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #21
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Kelly. We definitely want to do Nemo next year (we did Lion King this year); we've also never done Flights of Wonder. I love the Jammin' Parade too.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #22
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post

I'll have to wait until I get home to see the actual reference. No You Tube at work.
Lame. Whose decision was that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Kelly. We definitely want to do Nemo next year (we did Lion King this year); we've also never done Flights of Wonder. I love the Jammin' Parade too.
Flights of Wonder was really neat, I'm glad we finally did it!
Old 11-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #23
Wyatt'sMommy
Earning My Ears

I'm in love with your TR!
Keep up the great work!
Old 11-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #24
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt'sMommy View Post
I'm in love with your TR!
Keep up the great work!
Thanks! Guess I better get moving if I want to finish it by the time I leave for my next trip!

And to the DIS!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #25
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Day3

Our original plan for Monday was to head over to Hollywood Studios for Rope Drop and then head over to Epcot for more Food & Wine goodness. That all changed about a month or so before we left. My Mom and I were talking about how good we had heard the Wave was. So we decided to go for breakfast! I had a very easy time getting an 830am ADR. And when we walked in, we could see why! It was totally empty except for maybe 8 tables. We had a fantastic breakfast, but our waitress was a little flaky. All in all, I'd be back! You can find my full review of the Wave here.

After breakfast, Geoff & I headed over to Epcot while my parents had a golf date. We started by hitting Innoventions. Geoff is an engineer, he works for a company that is one of Raytheon's competitors. So we wanted to try their new "Sum of All Thrills" at Innoventions.

We giggled through the opening movie as it kept telling us what engineers did, but they made it really really simple. So of course I kept teasing him after we were done with the video. We made our roller coaster (it was pretty tame) and then had the chance to ride it. All in all, we enjoyed the experience, even if we were laughing. I think it's a great exhibit to show what you can do with math & science, and seeing how we're math & science geeks, we appreciated it

After that, we made our way over to the Land pavilion to grab our Soarin' FP and ride Living with the Land!
Bananas:

I always enjoy Living with the Land. I know it's simple, but I like going through the Greenhouse.

From there we headed over to Test Track and opted for the Single Rider line. And...the ride promptly stopped working. Only for about 10-15 minutes, but it was right before we were about to get on! It eventually started back up and we got on. After getting off, we headed over to the F&W Festival Center (in the old Wonders of Life building...*sigh* I miss Cranium Command!)

I got myself a fabulous spoon rest at the Festival Store & we picked up our Gift Card wristlet for the kiosks. We explored a bit, but didn't see anything that ZOMG WE NEED RIGHT NOW. So we left and made our way back towards the World Showcase.

We very lazily made our way around the pavilions & kiosks. To be honest...we didn't do much. We caught a Voices of Liberty performance in America, but I don't think we stayed to watch the American show.

Eventually we decided it was a good time to use our Soarin' FP and then head out for our mid-day break. If you want to look at the F&W reviews, look here.

To be continued
Old 11-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #26
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Around 5, we headed back into Epcot with my parents to explore the F&W kiosks for dinner.

One of my Dad's favorite rides is Spaceship Earth (the other being Small World. ) So upon entering, we of course had to stop.

Greetings from the future:

Afterwards, we headed right back to the kiosks to get noshing...with a quick side stop at the shop before entering to get my parents a wrist gift card as well. (Side note: we really liked these, it made it easy for Geoff & I to put our own money on it and then share food without going, "well, you got the last one, so I'll get this one...)

My Mom really wanted to start with some champagne...this is what she got:

After the first week, they apparently raised the prices and started pouring real pours. ^That was just sad. You can read all about everything else we got here.

We again made our way around the World Showcase, sampling tasty dishes and just enjoying being outside on a gorgeous night. We found a Photopass Photographer when we were rounding France who took this shot (possibly my favorite of the trip!)

I also decided to play with my Gorillapod and see what kind of nighttime shots I could take!
I'll share some of the better ones! In Japan:

Outside Italy:

Right before Illuminations we headed back to the Condo. A rather unexciting day, but it's the kind of Disney day I love

Up next: A FULL day at the MK!

Last edited by onelilspark; 11-23-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #27
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Nice update. I like the slower paced days every once in awhile...it helps to keep your sanity.

Looking forward to your full day at the MK.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #28
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Spaceship Earth ride shot is great lol. I was so bummed, ours didn't work! We got the generic, computer generated faces. Everybody else's seemed to work. I blamed Kris and said he must've done something Disney didn't like and they refused to show our pictures.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 11-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #29
dekkerdisneydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post

I also decided to play with my Gorillapod and see what kind of nighttime shots I could take!
I'll share some of the better ones! In Japan:

Ooh Kelly, that one is BEAUTIFUL! You should share that one on the Picture of the Day Thread!

I will definitely have to try and convince my DH to explore Future World in Epcot more when we are there in April. There are so many things I've never seen.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #30
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

I totally love his Pleepleus shirt! My fiance and I both have Pleepleus shirts and we wear them to Epcot, too No one ever knows what it is when we have them on...I can't wait to tell Scott someone else has one

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: