Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Doing the World nutless and eggless with a side of asthma! Updated!

Hi! You can call me SSB for short! Our cast of characters for this trip will be myself (28) DH (28) DS (22 months time of trip) and Grammy and Poppy (early 60's) and a day or two with visits from Auntie. We (minus Auntie she is local) will be staying at Pop from November 14-19 and then AKV 19-21. This is the longest my Dh has ever been to WDW (his parents never took him ) both times he has gone has been with my family. This will be Ds first time!! This however will be my 39!

You are probably wondering about the title. We just recently found out DS has food allergies, peanuts, tree nuts and eggs! Not to mention his is a picky toddler so it should be an interesting trip food wise! He also has asthma which we think is illnesses induced. So needless to say we are hand washing, surface wiping, germ avoiding people. DS was recently hospitalized for his asthma and is now on new meds, hopefully that will prevent a repeat hospital stay. Other than that he is your typical toddler, loves Mickey mouse Clubhouse, trains and Elmo.

I am a SAHM and loves every second of it. When I have free time I spend most of it on here reading. I love travel and planning the best vacation that I can.

DH works very hard and long hours. He is not a Disney lover but I think once he witnesses the magic with our son, I might be able to convert him. Thankfully he says "yes, dear" very easily!

Grammy and Poppy ( my parents) are both retired and my son's favorite people on earth. They are part time Fl residents so they got a sweet deal on their room. This trip is very special to us all, I have always dreamed of the day that I could go to Disney with my parents and my child.

Last edited by shinysparklybubbles; 12-04-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Our original reservations were for a family suite at ASMu booked with a pin that I acquired from learning a handy little trick here on the dis. I went on line priced out and saved a few different vacations but did not book. Sure enough a few weeks later I had a pin waiting in my inbox . So we booked the family suite. Then the free dining offer came out so we switched to that. I really like Pop the best out of the values so we changed everything. I booked my parents a room using a Fl resident discount (they have AP so FD would not work for them) and the FD offer for us. We are requesting connecting rooms and hopefully we will be able to get them. That way DH and I could go out once DS is in bed and my parents can just leave the connecting doors open to listen for him but still be able to be in their room watching tv or whatnot.

We chose value for a few reasons, mainly I like to save money where I can so I can blow it on other things. Not to mention I have a very active and energetic toddler who likes to run around and climb on stuff. That said I think you can all figure out that the GF is not the place for us at this point in time!! Plus I think he will love all the oversized, larger than life icons at Pop. He's "thing" right now is putting his hand over his mouth and says "wowwwww!" so I have a feeling we will hear a ton of that during our trip. Well, I hope we do!

We were booked with just the QSDP but the more I thought about it, upgrading was the way to go. We have a few sit downs that we wanted to do so it made the most sense to pay the small fee to upgrade.

Last edited by shinysparklybubbles; 09-25-2010 at 03:50 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
summerlady
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~
Old 09-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Me too!! Summer lady...it appears I am stalking you on the threads today!!! Ha!!!!!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
I'm here!
whoohoo! Welcome!!
Old 09-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Me too!! Summer lady...it appears I am stalking you on the threads today!!! Ha!!!!!
And a dancing banana for you too!!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #7
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Food and fun

We have already purchased our tickets for MVMCP and we have a Wishes fireworks cruise booked. We did not get hoppers on our tickets we decided we will play it by ear and add it if needed. Depending on how DS does with MVMCP and missing bedtime we may go a second night but that will determined the night of the party.

I should probably also mention DH and I did the Gadgad. We made no sew blankets. I wish I would have taken a picture because they looked great! I do hope they are bringing comfort to someone somwhere. We are going to use them for the fastpass option. I know EPCOT for sure but I haven't decided which other park for sure. I am leaning towards Hollywood Studios. The crowds should be very low when we are there but I am sure TSM will be busy!!

Like the good diser I am, I set my alarm and got up nice and early on my 180 day mark to make my ADRs. We have CP (450 day of Christmas party), Plaza Resturant, Hollywood and Vine for bfast, Mama Melrose for Fantasmic package, Garden Grill ( I may cancel and do the food court instead), Tuskerhouse lunch for the Nemo seating, and O'hana for breakfast on departure day. We also plan on trying to get take out soup from Cananda!!

Last edited by shinysparklybubbles; 09-25-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #8
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Things we don't want to miss this trip

In all of my trips we have NEVER done a rope drop, ever!!! So needless to say that is very high on the to do list. I don't know if it will ever happen (I don't plan on setting an alarm and will just let my son decided when wake up time is. Well, that isn't entirely true. I plan on setting an alarm for us so we are ready when my little guy gets up) I really want to make RD at the MK and hope to be picked to open the park (I do realize that the chances of that are next to nothing, but a girl can dream, can't she??) but I will be happy if we just make it for the show.

I also want to see Nemo and The Lion king show at AK because I have never seen either! I will be honest I never gave AK much credit. The more I read on here the more I realize what I am missing. Part of it stems from the safari, I never found it too impressive but you have to realize I grew up going to Six Flags drive through safari where the animals came up to your car (giraffes would lick your windows and monkeys used to climb on your car!!) so that is why I wasn't to impressed with Ak's safari.

Last edited by shinysparklybubbles; 09-25-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #9
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Great start!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #10
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles View Post
In all of my trips we have NEVER done a rope drop, ever!!! So needless to say that is very high on the to do list. I don't know if it will ever happen (I don't plan on setting an alarm and will just let my son decided when wake up time is. Well, that isn't entirely true. I plan on setting an alarm for us so we are ready when my little guy gets up) I really want to make RD at the MK and hope to be picked to open the park (I do realize that the chances of that are next to nothing, but a girl can dream, can't she??) but I will be happy if we just make it for the show.

I also want to see Nemo and The Lion king show at AK because I have never seen either! I will be honest I never gave AK much credit. The more I read on here the more I realize what I am missing. Part of it stems from the safari, I never found it too impressive but you have to realize I grew up going to Six Flags drive through safari where the animals came up to your car (giraffes would lick your windows and monkeys used to climb on your car!!) so that is why I wasn't to impressed with Ak's safari.
Rope drop at the MK is absolutely worth it! We had never done it before 2008 and now we HAVE to every time. I've heard that if you show up really, really early you have a better chance of your family being chosen, of course we've never managed to be that early. Before I found the DIS, we just used to show up any old time and wonder why Fantasyland was so crowded.

We're skipping AK this trip because we only have 5 days and want to have one day, our arrival day, at DHS and then 2 days each for Epcot and MK. I'll miss it, but next time we'll do it again for sure.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~
Old 09-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #11
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

more prep done!

Photopass CD is ordered!! I really plan on getting my money out of it. I wish my son would be old enough to understand some of the magic shots, but I'm pretty sure he is a little too young for that. If I can get him to look at the camera, I'll be happy!

I also got the exciting news that I shirt I had made for DS is being shipped! Once it arrives I will post a picture of it! I really hope it's as cute as I'm picturing it to be. I'm also thinking about getting one airbrushed for him. I had one made for his 1st birthday and it was awesome! My love for airbrushing is just the Jersey coming out of me! Oh and just so you know I'm not Jersey Shore Jersey, or Soprano Jersey and I don't talk funny! We are really more of Philly area, but I also don't say "Yo, Adrienne!"

I also tried out the safetytats that I ordered for my son. They are alerting people of his food allergies and have my phone # in case he would get separated from us. He loved the tattoo, never picked at it and loved showing it to people!

My Disney box is being packed. I'm so lucky that my parents are driving down to FL so I can pack up stuff so my poor DH will have less crap to lug around. Diapers, wipes, bathing suits, glow sticks, window decorations are in there so far.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #12
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

My son's shirt came!!

I'm so thrilled with this!! I can't wait for him to wear it into the Magic Kindom!

Old 10-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #13
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so thrilled with this!! I can't wait for him to wear it into the Magic Kindom!

Very cute!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #14
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Looove that little shirt!!! How precious!!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #15
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Adorable!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: