Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #1261
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Why does the Orlando airport float up and down?
Same thing happened to me! I was sitting in the Starbucks and wondering why the store was rocking back and forth.

-- Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)

Upcoming trips: DIS ABD Backstage Magic (July 6-11, 2014), DL Half Marathon (Aug 29-Sep 1, 2014), AKV (Oct 27-31, 2014)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #1262
Papo11467
Earning My Ears

I'm still feeling a little off as well. I felt the worst in the shower. I thought I was going to fall out.
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #1263
jaurban
DIS Veteran

Me too, the airport rocked and so did my bedroom. But, happily today, I am not feeling that, just the "joy" of unpacking the family....

Thanks to all for a great time!

Disneyland 1976 & 1979;WDW offsite 1987 & 1989
BC & AKL Dec. 2006;SSR Oct. 2007;VWL August 2008;VWL October 2009;Poly & Wonder April 2010, VGC May 2010, BLT August 2010, Magic Nov. 2010, Wonder March 2011 MR, VWL & Dream June 2011, VGC April 2012, P.C.C. 3.0 June 2012, BLT, the Dream and VWL July 2013
jaurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #1264
D-La
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post
Same thing happened to me! I was sitting in the Starbucks and wondering why the store was rocking back and forth.

-- Dave
Oh yeah, mine was horrible! Spent all of Saturday with a migraine and not being able to keep anything down! It wasn't until my cousin offered me a Dramamine (ON LAND!) that I got knocked out and woke up feeling better.

Man, I've never had it happen like that! UGH.
Ok, I admit, maybe I got dehydrated at Sea World on Friday (100+ deg) but I thought I was drinking a lot of water!
Anyhoo, just a few more sways yesterday and today and I should be fine by the end of this week.
feeeew

D-La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #1265
hbg4
Ask me where I'm going on my next vacation ? Disney World of course

Big thank you to all

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all who helped to make this podcast cruise as good as it was.
I didn't get to participate in everything due to too many chioces available to me, including chilling out in the ocean at CC.
I'd like to give a special mention to
K5JMH - for consolidating the name and room list of all the podcast cruisers
MIKE 2023 - for the wonderful FE map and list
NEJTHELION and DARTHVADER92- for the stateroom crawl. Four times on the Dream with 3 stateroom crawls and new cabin layouts are still being discovered.
SAFETYMOM - for the 5KT walk and encouragement to participate in the auction
WEBMASTER JOHN - for this thread organisation and update
WDWSCOUT - for the FE organisation and informative posts to all threads
THE DISUNPLUGGED PODCAST TEAM and DREAMS UNLIMITED including TRACEY H
All the Disers who gave out gifts for the FE. The hand made ones were especially cool. And the candy... I didn't need to order midnight room service.
Plus everyone else who hasn't been mentioned individually.
One more thing
the gift basket was AWESOME.

Brenda
6 cruises on Disney Magic
9 cruises on Disney Dream
2 cruises on Disney Wonder
1 cruise on the Disney Fantasy

Last edited by hbg4; 07-04-2012 at 12:54 AM.
hbg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #1266
miss missy
Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives Lane?
Will not be playing any reindeer games!
I was so freakin freaked out!

After we disembarked we stoppedin at the welcome center... LOVE IT!!!! Then went and met Shirley... I said ummm Shirleys store is rockin' in more ways than one LOL ;-) took a few days. But ya lovvveeee that Shirley!!! What a sweet lady!! :-)
Old 07-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #1267
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

OK Gang it's time to 'unstick' this thread

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #1268
freesone
DIS Veteran

It was more than fun while it lasted.
Thanks John!!!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DISBoards

Podcast Cruise 3.0, Podcast Cruise 5.0
WL-2010,2011,2012,2013
POFQ-2002,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009, AKL 2003, Disney Wonder 2006
POLY-NOV 2007
Beach Club-2000,Yacht Club2001,
freesone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #1269
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
OK Gang it's time to 'unstick' this thread

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I hope somebody keeps bumping this thread forever.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #1270
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I already posted this on Facebook, but wanted to share it here for those not connected there...

I always find myself feeling highly reflective the day after a vacation. So many lessons were learned. So many new experiences were had. New friendships were made and old ones solidified. I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with such amazing people over the past two weeks! I wish I could have spent more time with many of you, but the time we did have was priceless! Thanks to all who made these past two weeks so very special!

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #1271
T Morrows Child
Dis Dads #596
He's the wildcard in the mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I hope somebody keeps bumping this thread forever.
Yeah, I'm with you, neighbor!

The cruise was fun, with half the fun being the planning and lead-up through these forums. We tried new things, made new friends, and really had a wonderful time.

I wasn't sure what to expect. I met some great folks, and the whole environment was more relaxed than I thought it would be. The podcast team was always gracious and friendly, and I have Kevin, John and Tracey to blame for talking me into booking another cruise on the last day after I was sure I wasn't going to! If I'm lucky, we'll be able to work it out as another podcast cruise.
Dis Dads #596
T Morrows Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:34 AM   #1272
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Perhaps one of my favorite memories was seeing Connor being so excited to do the AquaDuck.

Excited, but afraid to climb up there. Grandpa went up with him the first time, but got about 5 steps from the top before Connor decided maybe he wasn't ready. Tried to encourage him but in the end we walked back down. About 15 minutes later Connor spots Mary (who sat across from us on the DU bus to the port) and decides that he would ride with her. Mary tells us that Connor had his eyes closed the whole time on the ride, but on their second time she insisted he open his eyes.

After that, Connor dared to ride with Grandpa.

Oh, and the most difficult part of the whole ride was not the climb. Or the fear. It was getting out of the darned tube at the end.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #1273
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Oh, and the most difficult part of the whole ride was not the climb. Or the fear. It was getting out of the darned tube at the end.
That's exactly what I thought too!!
I even said to the CM that I could probably get out a lot faster (and more gracefully ) a few years ago.

But the Aquaduck was an important goal of mine on this cruise- and I am thrilled that I actually got to check that one off!

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #1274
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Perhaps one of my favorite memories was seeing Connor being so excited to do the AquaDuck.

Excited, but afraid to climb up there. Grandpa went up with him the first time, but got about 5 steps from the top before Connor decided maybe he wasn't ready. Tried to encourage him but in the end we walked back down. About 15 minutes later Connor spots Mary (who sat across from us on the DU bus to the port) and decides that he would ride with her. Mary tells us that Connor had his eyes closed the whole time on the ride, but on their second time she insisted he open his eyes.

After that, Connor dared to ride with Grandpa.

Darn! I missed you going on the Duck?!

My favorite Duck moment was when Zoe begged and begged to go on it with me at night. If she was well-behaved during the day, I said I would take her. You should have seen how good she was! I think she ate every scrap of her dinner that night just to prove it.

We wound up going on the Duck around 10:30 that night. It was all lit up, but not as much as Zoe's face was. She was beyond excited, and it was a very special time for us both! I don't think I'll ever forget that.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #1275
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
I had the same problem...I rarely exit such things gracefully

Just wanted to thank everyone involved for this cruise. I enjoyed talking with everyone I could - would have loved to talk with many more, but given the events immediately prior to the cruise - as some were aware, my company abruptly closed it's doors but then reopened but under questionable future - I wish I could have enjoyed so much more! There was so much to do! But being emotionally and physically drained, and struggling with being able to check my email to see if I'd be unemployed by the end of the trip, took a bit of a toll.

Still, it was a wonderful experience, when the only thing I could complain about was the taste or lack of it of the scrambled eggs! We desparately wanted to take our server, Wayne from Jamaica, home with us! I guess we'll just have to figure out how to do this again...

Thanks again to TraceyH and John for helping with the room credit issue as well!

(and FYI, still employed for now, but picking up the pieces and working on options...)

Edit: Forgot to mention - Tracey's father also had to go to the ER and then a rehab hospital - apparently a minor fall resulted in a fracture in his back somewhere...so there was that as well...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Last edited by doconeill; 07-07-2012 at 03:13 PM.
doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: