Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #796
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training
 
dmwang9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 469

online checkin question re: boarding time

I'm in the middle of completing my online check-in, and I'm at the point where I select my boarding time.

I'm using the DU transfer from BWV to the cruise terminal, so I'm not quite sure when I'm going to be arriving at the port. Will it be OK if I just select the earliest available boarding time, even if I show up later?

Apologies for the newbieness of this question, but on my first cruise last summer, my family handled all of the travel logistics. All I had to do was show up on time, hold other people's bags when they got tired, and eat.

Thanks,
Dave
__________________
Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden), AKL-Kidani (10/14, Food and Wine)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #797
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,694

I have a quick question. I just realized my passport expires in August of this year. Will I need a new one before the cruise or will my current one be ok?
The rest of my family is fine with passports. It's just me.

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #798
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances
 
WebmasterJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,757
DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post
I'm in the middle of completing my online check-in, and I'm at the point where I select my boarding time.

I'm using the DU transfer from BWV to the cruise terminal, so I'm not quite sure when I'm going to be arriving at the port. Will it be OK if I just select the earliest available boarding time, even if I show up later?

Apologies for the newbieness of this question, but on my first cruise last summer, my family handled all of the travel logistics. All I had to do was show up on time, hold other people's bags when they got tired, and eat.

Thanks,
Dave
I would suggest putting in for the earliest time this way if the buses get there before then it won't be an issue.

I don't have an ETA when the buses will be leaving the WDW resort area or arriving at the port.

We will be letting DCL know that we have a bunch of people coming by bus and ask if they can accommodate them regardless of their check-in time.
__________________

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #799
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances
 
WebmasterJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,757
DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I have a quick question. I just realized my passport expires in August of this year. Will I need a new one before the cruise or will my current one be ok?
The rest of my family is fine with passports. It's just me.

Amanda
Assuming you are a US Citizen you do NOT have to have your passport for this cruise. NON-US Citizens must have a valid passport.

Since it is a 'closed loop' sailing (leaving from a US port and returning to the same US port) all you really need is a valid Drivers License with a photo and your original birth certificate.

With that said I STRONGLY suggest getting your passport renewed before the cruise. If by some strange twist of fate you need to fly home from a non-US port you would need your passport.

Take the time and try to get your passport renewed.

If/when you do please make sure Tracey has the new passport info so she can forward it to DCL - TraceyH@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
__________________

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #800
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training
 
dmwang9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
I would suggest putting in for the earliest time this way if the buses get there before then it won't be an issue.

I don't have an ETA when the buses will be leaving the WDW resort area or arriving at the port.

We will be letting DCL know that we have a bunch of people coming by bus and ask if they can accommodate them regardless of their check-in time.
John, thanks for the response. I just completed my online registration doing what you suggested.

Now for the important decisions to ponder, like what kind of massage to book? :good vibes

-- Dave
__________________
Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden), AKL-Kidani (10/14, Food and Wine)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #801
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
Assuming you are a US Citizen you do NOT have to have your passport for this cruise. NON-US Citizens must have a valid passport.

Since it is a 'closed loop' sailing (leaving from a US port and returning to the same US port) all you really need is a valid Drivers License with a photo and your original birth certificate.

With that said I STRONGLY suggest getting your passport renewed before the cruise. If by some strange twist of fate you need to fly home from a non-US port you would need your passport.

Take the time and try to get your passport renewed.

If/when you do please make sure Tracey has the new passport info so she can forward it to DCL - TraceyH@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
Thanks John! I just wasn't sure since it expires 2 months after the cruise if that was an issue. I'll go ahead a renew it.

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #802
gretchenohar@hotmail


DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Western New York
Posts: 3,121

Sorry - double post....

Last edited by gretchenohar@hotmail; 04-07-2012 at 03:26 PM.
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #803
gretchenohar@hotmail


DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Western New York
Posts: 3,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
I am at swimming lessons with Ian this morning getting him brushed up for the cruise. Under the 80 day mark!!!
Our grandchildren will be taking swimming lessons as well.
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #804
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran
 
jpeka65844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post
I'm in the middle of completing my online check-in, and I'm at the point where I select my boarding time.

I'm using the DU transfer from BWV to the cruise terminal, so I'm not quite sure when I'm going to be arriving at the port. Will it be OK if I just select the earliest available boarding time, even if I show up later?

Apologies for the newbieness of this question, but on my first cruise last summer, my family handled all of the travel logistics. All I had to do was show up on time, hold other people's bags when they got tired, and eat.

Thanks,
Dave

Thanks for asking this! DH and I were just talking about this yesterday on our drive home from Omaha and wondering what to do!

And we'll be on the BWV transfer too! Woohoo!!!
__________________
Denice T.
Olathe, KS

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #805
tigger813
DIS Veteran
 
tigger813's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MA- Red Sox Nation; DVC When Possible:)
Posts: 4,116

Are we there yet?

Sorry I couldn't resist as I can't wait for this cruise!!!!!

Booking my massage and an excursion to Nassau to show our kids the Straw Market and visit Atlantis this week!

TTFN
__________________
Tracey ,DH-Brian (aka doconeill) ,: DD13 Ashleigh-, DD9 Elizabeth-

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #806
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body
 
k5jmh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 5,413

Remember to pack a flashlight!
__________________
k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #807
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body
 
k5jmh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 5,413

75 days until we go through the big yellow ears!







__________________
k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #808
lugnut33
DIS Veteran
 
lugnut33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,238

Ugggh, I just had a sense of being overwhelmed because I'm T minus 13 hours from check-in and signing up ship and shore activities. Thing is, I asked the family what they want to do and nobody has anything in particular they want to do. I asked about Nassau and they were fine with just going on our own walking tour and maybe hanging out at a beach or heading back to the ship. Castaway Cay is the same, they're fine with hanging on the beach.

I feel like I need to plan something to make this trip awesome, but I'm guessing it's awesome even if I don't plan anything. I want to make sure we have time to do some of the DIS events. It's weird, I've had all these ideas in my head for over a year and it appears like we aren't going to do anything. I feel lost not having this big itinerary to set up. Maybe it's just first time cruise anxiety?

I guess the one thing I really wanted to do was for my wife and I to eat at Palo one night. Is that even possible considering the reservations are already probably all gone?

Anyways, only 76 more days.
__________________
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #809
T Morrows Child
Dis Dads #596
He's the wildcard in the mix
 
T Morrows Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Ugggh, I just had a sense of being overwhelmed because I'm T minus 13 hours from check-in and signing up ship and shore activities. Thing is, I asked the family what they want to do and nobody has anything in particular they want to do. I asked about Nassau and they were fine with just going on our own walking tour and maybe hanging out at a beach or heading back to the ship. Castaway Cay is the same, they're fine with hanging on the beach.

I feel like I need to plan something to make this trip awesome, but I'm guessing it's awesome even if I don't plan anything. I want to make sure we have time to do some of the DIS events. It's weird, I've had all these ideas in my head for over a year and it appears like we aren't going to do anything. I feel lost not having this big itinerary to set up. Maybe it's just first time cruise anxiety?

I guess the one thing I really wanted to do was for my wife and I to eat at Palo one night. Is that even possible considering the reservations are already probably all gone?

Anyways, only 76 more days.
Yeah, we're pretty much in the same boat (insert rim shot here).

It'll be 11pm for us to be able to book/check-in tonite, yes? (i.e. midnight EST) The only thing on our bucket list is to try and arrange parasailing at some point along the way. (My backup plan is to try and book it at WDW for one of our days before the cruise, since it's offered off of the Contemporary I think.)

From what I have seen about Palo, you should have some availability for dinner. It just looks like the brunch is jam-packed. Still, who knows? I heard on a podcast somewhere that some spots might be held back so that they can book with the Concierge on the ship.

Good luck!
__________________
Dis Dads #596
T Morrows Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #810
lugnut33
DIS Veteran
 
lugnut33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Morrows Child View Post
Yeah, we're pretty much in the same boat (insert rim shot here).

It'll be 11pm for us to be able to book/check-in tonite, yes? (i.e. midnight EST) The only thing on our bucket list is to try and arrange parasailing at some point along the way. (My backup plan is to try and book it at WDW for one of our days before the cruise, since it's offered off of the Contemporary I think.)

From what I have seen about Palo, you should have some availability for dinner. It just looks like the brunch is jam-packed. Still, who knows? I heard on a podcast somewhere that some spots might be held back so that they can book with the Concierge on the ship.

Good luck!
I have a board of education meeting tonight that has me stressed also and I'm going to be lucky if it's over by 11.

LOL, I was going to look at parasailing for my girls, thought they might find that really cool. I think they can go as a tandem. The only other thing I was thinking about was a private cabana for one of the days. I suppose the chances of getting one of those is slim to none. Honestly, if I get none of the stuff mentioned above I'm sure we'll still have a great time.

Does anybody know if they are pre-booking the activity, "Dining Reviews with John and Kevin, How To Avoid The Sad Little Crab Cake".
__________________
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: