Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #781
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

DH and I are thinking about skipping shore excursions. We might stroll the Straw Market a bit just to say we got off the boat. :-)

Any tips for those who prefer to "go it alone"?

jpeka65844 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #782
Marla Hellwig
I am loved by the masses
Addicted to Mickey bars!!
They call it getting lost, I prefer the term "creative exploring"
Ready for the next cruise

Kara and I might check out the Pirate museum and the Straw Market
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #783
LocustPoint
Mouseketeer

DH and I not planning on doing any excursions. The goal is to relax as much as we can. We may get off in Nassau to walk around but I doubt it.

Member since 1999

Last edited by LocustPoint; 04-04-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: can't spell
LocustPoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #784
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

This is our first DCL cruise and our DDs (7 and 5) first cruise. We've decided not to do shore excursions, but we're looking forward to getting off the boat at Castaway Cay!

XO
Liz

Adventures by Disney ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ 2010 * Animal Kingdom Villas ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower ~ 2011 * Beach Club ~ 2010 * Boardwalk Inn ~ 2010, 2012 * Boardwalk Villas ~ 2011 * Disney Cruise Line ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * Disneyland Offsite ~ 2013 * Grand Californian ~ 2011, 2014 * Grand Floridian ~ 2011 * Polynesian ~ 2009, 2010 * Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * Wilderness Lodge ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #785
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I'm going to do the stingray encounter with Connor on our first Castaway Cay day.

Val's doing a massage on Nassau day and I'm going to do the mini-facial & Shave that same day. Oh, and we are also doing Palo that night.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #786
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

We'll go out to Castaway Cay at least one of the 2 days we'll be there. No Nassau.

There's so much to do on the ship- including trying to find time to relax- we're happy to just "Dream" through our vacation.

Join us for the NJ DIS Meet Weekend- click here for more details
wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #787
HillPete
Secret Simba Fan

We are thinking about doing the Nassau Forts and Junkanoo excursion, but I don't want to miss any podcast events. It's DS's birthday that day, so I want to make sure he does something of his choosing. I'm just hoping there are still some spots available after we get our schedule of events from the team.

--H
Old 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #788
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

We might go to Nassau mainly because we haven't been since our honeymoon...we'd probably check out the straw market but also check out Atlantis...but we haven't planned anything yet.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #789
minniemimi52
Earning My Ears

We're going on a Dolphin Swim in Nassau because we've never been able to book one (always sold out). Usually, though, we stay on the ship at Nassau -- we'd like to go to Atlantis --next trip maybe. :-)
minniemimi52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #790
hrngffcr
Loyal Disney Fan

I've been to Nassau before so don't have much desire to do that again. First cruise and first time to Nassau for the rest of the group so they may want to go ashore.

Will go to Castaway Cay one of the days to look around and see what's there. I'm not too into beaches but DW is, and that is one reason we are taking this cruise rather than Alaska. I plan to sit on our veranda, relax, and get caught up on a bunch of WDW-related magazines and books (some were Christmas presents) which I just have not had time to read the last few months.

Also, we will have spent 5 days at the World just before the cruise. I'm looking for some serious relaxation time.

We don't get to check in online until the 10th (as I said, we are first time cruisers). I saw the prior posts about no Paolo brunches available. Should we still be able to reserve a Paolo dinner by then? Which night does everyone recommend, if there is a selection of nights?
hrngffcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #791
tigger813
DIS Veteran

Trying to decide between the Bamboo massage or Hot stone massage.

I think I'm leaning towards the bamboo. I am an LMT and I give hot stone massages so it would be cool to try something different!

Can't wait for this cruise!

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #792
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Val has done the hot stone massage before and said its fabulous! She's got the Elemist Aroma Stone Therapy booked for this cruise.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #793
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrngffcr View Post
We don't get to check in online until the 10th (as I said, we are first time cruisers). I saw the prior posts about no Paolo brunches available. Should we still be able to reserve a Paolo dinner by then? Which night does everyone recommend, if there is a selection of nights?
Personally, I would recommend a day when you are not rushing back from a port. Whether or not you are doing excursions or just looking around on your own, I find it easier on a sea day or a day you plan to not get off in a port. It makes it easier to look forward to and get ready for.
I hate rushing back to change gears- shower, dress up, etc. It just seems more rushed to me on a busy day.

Join us for the NJ DIS Meet Weekend- click here for more details
wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #794
tigger813
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Val has done the hot stone massage before and said its fabulous! She's got the Elemist Aroma Stone Therapy booked for this cruise.
That was the hot stone one I was talking about. I'll decide this weekend.

Has anyone done the Bamboo massage? I know I would love the Aroma Stone therapy massage but thought it might be neat to try something different!

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #795
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

I am at swimming lessons with Ian this morning getting him brushed up for the cruise. Under the 80 day mark!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: