Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #751
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwscout View Post
DCL buses do play the video (like on Magical Express- but cruise related ).

But on the post-cruise leg, you have to get your own bags. This is because we all have to go through US Customs when we get back to port. You have to be together with your bags when you pass through customs.
You then take your bags out to the buses- they are marked as to which resorts they are going to- just like when you leave a park to get back to your resort.

Personally, I like using the transfers Dreams sets up- this way you are traveling with DISers who just had the same experiences you did!

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the feedback. Since we are renting a car at port we would only be taking the bus to the ship, not from. So since we don't pass through customs when boarding the ship, does that mean our bags will make it from the DCL bus to our state rooms on there own? You don't really say.

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Mike2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #752
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Pre and Post stays booked!! Woohoo!! Let's get this party started!!
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #753
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Pre and Post PCC 3.0 stays booked at the Swolphin. Thank you Dreams for saving us $50/night for 4 nights. That's enough to buy the wine package.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #754
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2023 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Since we are renting a car at port we would only be taking the bus to the ship, not from. So since we don't pass through customs when boarding the ship, does that mean our bags will make it from the DCL bus to our state rooms on there own? You don't really say.
Sorry- I thought you were trying to decide whether to rent a car or take the bus post cruise.

If you are staying at a Disney resort or the airport Hyatt and use DCL transfers- you will get luggage tags (like on ME) and they will pick the bags up from your hotel room early that morning and then you will see them outside your stateroom on the ship later in the day.
I seem to remember for 2.0 when we stayed at the Swan, we all brought our bags on the bus with us (I have photos of our long line and all the luggage carts! It was so much fun!!!). Then when we got to the terminal, I think the porters took the bags before we entered the terminal to check in.

They deliver everyone's bags to the staterooms somewhere between 2-5pm. It's really an impressive scene- all the bags are lined up in the hallways outside the staterooms.

No matter how you decide to get there- make sure you have everything you need to board (documents, etc.), medications, swim suits if you want pool time before your luggage arrives.
I bring our door decorations and Fish Extender in my carry on so I can get right to work making our front door look like "home"!

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #755
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry- I thought you were trying to decide whether to rent a car or take the bus post cruise.

If you are staying at a Disney resort or the airport Hyatt and use DCL transfers- you will get luggage tags (like on ME) and they will pick the bags up from your hotel room early that morning and then you will see them outside your stateroom on the ship later in the day.
I seem to remember for 2.0 when we stayed at the Swan, we all brought our bags on the bus with us (I have photos of our long line and all the luggage carts! It was so much fun!!!). Then when we got to the terminal, I think the porters took the bags before we entered the terminal to check in.

They deliver everyone's bags to the staterooms somewhere between 2-5pm. It's really an impressive scene- all the bags are lined up in the hallways outside the staterooms.

No matter how you decide to get there- make sure you have everything you need to board (documents, etc.), medications, swim suits if you want pool time before your luggage arrives.
I bring our door decorations and Fish Extender in my carry on so I can get right to work making our front door look like "home"!
Thanks for the great info!!!!!!

I would never have thought about packing my FE in my carry on. Pro tip right there. lol

now I have to figure out if Im going to take the Owners Locker to the ship.

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Old 03-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #756
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2023 View Post
now I have to figure out if Im going to take the Owners Locker to the ship.
We take ours onto the ship. On the Wonder, it fit perfectly under the desk area. I am sure there will be a place for it on the Dream as well.

We use an over the door shoe/pocket holder thing (why can't I think of what the real name is???) and put it on the outside of one of the bathroom doors. It was handy and in an excellent location for use in either bathroom or stuff you need to grab heading out of the door.

They'll just stick a luggage tag on the purple box just like any other piece of your luggage.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #757
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We take ours onto the ship. On the Wonder, it fit perfectly under the desk area. I am sure there will be a place for it on the Dream as well.

We use an over the door shoe/pocket holder thing (why can't I think of what the real name is???) and put it on the outside of one of the bathroom doors. It was handy and in an excellent location for use in either bathroom or stuff you need to grab heading out of the door.

They'll just stick a luggage tag on the purple box just like any other piece of your luggage.
"pocket holder thing" is another great idea. You got anymore tips? Im taking notes. lol.

From what I hear the locker will fit in the bottom of the closet on the dream. I think I'm leaning towards taking it as I don't want to have to pay extra for OL to pick it up and drop it off again after the cruise.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #758
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:

I read somewhere that the over-the-door shoe holders will not fit the bathroom doors on the Dream - supposedly the fit is too tight for the door to close.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for posting this, Linda. I've been meaning to check this out and you reminded me....
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #759
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
I read somewhere that the over-the-door shoe holders will not fit the bathroom doors on the Dream - supposedly the fit is too tight for the door to close.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for posting this, Linda. I've been meaning to check this out and you reminded me....
I hadn't hear that. But I did notice (at least in the Fantasy photos) that there are some hooks on the wall across from the foot of the bed. I thought that might be a good location for a shoe holder as well.
We can get creative with locations for this- even inside the closet clipped to a hangar would work.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #760
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

EVERYONE- tomorrow- April 1st- is the deadline for signing up for Fish Extenders on PCC 3.0.

We need this deadline so everyone can get a final count of gifts needed and get started on budgeting, crafting or buying what they plan to give.

If you're on the fence- jump on in- this is a fun activity. You'll be sorry if you miss out!

Click the link in my signature to go to the Fish Extender page.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #761
OKW Lover

Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Kid Club on CC?

Having never cruised with a child before Val & I are totally unaware of lots of stuff kid related. Please bear with us on this and subsequent questions.

We have registered Connor (9YO) for the kids club as part of our online registration. On the two days that we are at Castaway Cay, are there special kids club activities on the island?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #762
OKW Lover

Registering for kids club

See the previous post please.

Having already registered Connor for the kids club, do I need to do anything further either in the terminal or once we are on board?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #763
OKW Lover

Children dress code in dining rooms

Please see previous post for disclaimer.

I understand that shorts and tank tops are not appropriate for anybody (children included) in the main dining rooms. Assuming we can even convince Connor to join us in the main dining room one night, will he be OK in jeans? A t-shirt? Or will he need something a bit nicer?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #764
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru

Are we there yet?

Old 04-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #765
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru

Sooo, what shirt are we wearing as we board the ship this time?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: