Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #241
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Morrows Child View Post
Well, good morning!

It's still a bit too early to do our countdown chain, but I'm super-excited to hit the cruise!

My 7 year-old daughter scolds me for talking about the cruise so much when we have a WDW trip happening on April 16 this year! Well, I'm excited about that, too, but none of us have ever cruised before!
I hear you and the countdown thing...before PCC 2.0..my daughter and grand daughter didn't want to hear anything about a countdown until we were within 50 days.....

You will love the cruise. 2.0 was my first cruise ever, and I didn't know what to expect.....we had a great time and the Pod Cast events were a blast....I'm glad this next cruise is a day longer

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #242
T Morrows Child
Dis Dads #596
He's the wildcard in the mix

Yeah, it's been fun to see the rooming list grow over the last couple of weeks. Very cool that you get your room assignment at booking for a cruise ship! We're interested in reviews of our cabin over the next 17 months!

Plus, we're glad to be on the "party floor!" Or at least how it's shaping up so far . . . I'm sure there will be many party floors!
T Morrows Child is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #243
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
I hear you and the countdown thing...before PCC 2.0..my daughter and grand daughter didn't want to hear anything about a countdown until we were within 50 days.....

You will love the cruise. 2.0 was my first cruise ever, and I didn't know what to expect.....we had a great time and the Pod Cast events were a blast....I'm glad this next cruise is a day longer
I know! We have THREE WDW/DL trips planned before cruising and I can't help but look forward to this even more!!!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #244
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
I know! We have THREE WDW/DL trips planned before cruising and I can't help but look forward to this even more!!!
Oh...so jealous...I have NOTHING planned for this year....I can't complain tho....I had 3 trips to WDW last year...even 2 of them were short little visits, I still went....My family would shoot me if I even mentioned for this year.

Now that I know what a cruise is all about, I can relax about this one coming up. Just think, we have another 17 months to talk about it and make plans...

I'm hoping someone steps up and organizes a FE.....Yes, I know the rules, but I honestly don't have the time to do it...I could help a little but that's it...

Old 01-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #245
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Morrows Child View Post
Yeah, it's been fun to see the rooming list grow over the last couple of weeks. Very cool that you get your room assignment at booking for a cruise ship! We're interested in reviews of our cabin over the next 17 months!

Plus, we're glad to be on the "party floor!" Or at least how it's shaping up so far . . . I'm sure there will be many party floors!
Let's keep talking and make all DISer decks party decks !!!!!

I'm sure the rooms will change over the next year or so....as for me, I booked while on the Wonder, and was put on deck 2....no way do i want to be down that far....as soon as I can nail the family down and find out for sure who is going, then I can change the reservation and get another room...hoping for decks 5, 6, 7 or 8.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #246
Cherinva

Good Morning All.....well, it appears that things have changed...I am going back to Florida this year...trying for March...my sister lives in Tampa and I promised to go see her...since I still have airline credits on SW and want to use them. She has a time share in Kissimmee and offered for us (her and I) to stay there...so I can fly into Orlando instead of Tampa (which is cheaper)......and this is the funny part....she is NOT a Disney person at all....and I mean NOT....however, she knows that I am, and has suggested that we go to WDW for a day or two....Yeah for me !!!!

Have a great day.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #247
hrngffcr
Loyal Disney Fan

Room Assignments for 3.0

Quote:
Whoo Hoo...I'm not alone....Hey all...if you have booked on PCC 3.0 and have your room assignment...look for the thread on Room Assignments and post your room number in there...Mike is keeping a list.
I'm new to the boards, but I did a search and all I'm finding is the thread for the 2.0 cruise. Where is the 3.0 thread so I can bookmark it, please? I got one response from Texas as to who's registered for the podcast cruise from Texas. Anyone else, or will there only be two households from the Lone Star on the whole ship, at least as far as Dis'ers are concerned?

Last edited by hrngffcr; 01-25-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Clarification
hrngffcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #248
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrngffcr View Post
I'm new to the boards, but I did a search and all I'm finding is the thread for the 2.0 cruise. Where is the 3.0 thread so I can bookmark it, please? I got one response from Texas as to who's registered for the podcast cruise from Texas. Anyone else, or will there only be two households from the Lone Star on the whole ship, at least as far as Dis'ers are concerned?
Look for the Sub Forum (Under the DIS Pod Cast Forum)for Pod Cast Cruises...there is a thread that is titled Post Your Room # for PCC 3.0

Welcome to the boards and the fun!!! There will more from Texas, I'm sure.

Last edited by Cherinva; 01-25-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 01-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #249
toomanycars

Trying to make life a "E" ticket ride.

Just paid my deposit for PCC 3.0!!!!!!! A.K.A. Honeymoon!!!!

My beautiful "almost wife" Lisa and I have decided to make this our honeymoon!!!! Being that this is not our first run at marriage and having Lisa's parents to take care of the kids in 2012. We wanted to due something different. So ------------

• 7 Nights at our DVC, Bay Lake Tower with friends and family(13 of us, hmmmm luckly number?).
  • Get married on Sanibel Island.
  • Honeymoon with 400 to 600 Disney fans like us!
Yep one crazy June!

Last edited by toomanycars; 01-27-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
toomanycars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #250
tigger813
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycars View Post
My beautiful "almost wife" Lisa and I have decided to make this our honeymoon!!!! Being that this is not our first run at marriage and having Lisa's parents to take care of the kids in 2012. We wanted to due something different. So ------------

• 7 Nights at our DVC, Bay Lake Tower with friends and family(13 of us, hmmmm luckly number?).
Yep one crazy June!
Sounds like a great plan to me!!!!

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:43 AM   #251
Cherinva

Quote:

Yep one crazy June!
Congrats to both of you...and Welcome to the fun !!!!! Once you get your stateroom number, find the post and list it...Don't worry, we won't stalk you...it's just for fun to see where everyone is...

Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #252
hrngffcr
Loyal Disney Fan

Quote:
Look for the Sub Forum (Under the DIS Pod Cast Forum)for Pod Cast Cruises...there is a thread that is titled Post Your Room # for PCC 3.0

Welcome to the boards and the fun!!! There will more from Texas, I'm sure.
Found it. Thanks.
hrngffcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #253
toomanycars

Trying to make life a "E" ticket ride.

Just got our room number 9176. Does anyone know if that is a good choice?

2014 OKY ** 2013 VWL/BLT ** 2012 AKV ** 2011 BLT/POR/AKV ** 2010 BC ** 2010 POR/Poly ** 2009 CBR ** 2008 POP ** 2007 POP ** 2006 Off Site ** 2005 Off Site ** 2004 Off Site
toomanycars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #254
Cherinva

Quote:
Just got our room number 9176. Does anyone know if that is a good choice?
It's hard to say at this point, since the ship is new. On the cruise board, there is a thread to rate your stateroom....now that cruises are underway, you could check that out and see if someone rates the room you have. IMHO, I don't think there will be any bad areas for rooms...just depends on where you want to be. On PCC 2.0, we were on deck 6 AFT, Inside. The room as small, but we weren't in it much. I didn't feel much movement at all...on PCC 3.0, my DD wants us to get a room with a verandah. Right now, we're on deck 2, only because I rebooked on board the Wonder and got the cheapest I could for a low deposit. As soon as I can nail down who all is going this time, then I will change my room...going for decks 5 and up.

Also something you could do, is go on DCL website and do a tour of the ship. Locate your room and see if it's a location where you want to be....the Aft of the ship tends to be more quiet and less crowded at the elevators...also, if you don't want to be near any of the areas where there are shops, or bars...etc....

Old 01-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #255
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I'm so excited to see more and more DISers signing up for 3.0! I can't wait!

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: