Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #751
yupikgal
DIS Veteran
 
yupikgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 675

Hi Laurie, thanks for the link on FB to your Magical, Fantastical, Awesome Trip report!! wow!! I loved every picture, every word! You made me feel like I was there, and got me very excited for our upcoming trip! Can't believe we'll be there again in a couple of months!

Have some questions...why do you call Mickey's Fun wheel "Death Wheel"? did you have a bad experience or have you never been? What about the Tower of Terror, I'm really a chicken on rides, but only certain ones, like the high up ones (other than Splash Mountain) DON'T like BTMRR (had a horrible experience years ago and will never go again)...my daughter is trying to say that I might be ok on TOT, but I'm not sure!

I love Soarin', Monsters Inc., GRR, POTC, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan (actually all the rides in Fantasyland) but I also love things like the Monorail, Train, Carousel, and just people watching, strolling down Main Street, watching shows like Fantasmic, etc!

Love popcorn, so all your popcorn cart pics were especially meaningful for me!

Thanks again, Kelly P.
__________________
HB/Newport, 11/15-11/17 DLH 11/18-22, Las Vegas 11/23-11/26, 2014
DL, DCA, Vegas, Ho Jo's then back to DL to finish it off at PPH! Son's h.s. grad trip + daughter's almost 21 trip! 6/6-6/15, 2013
DL, CA, DD, Las Vegas here I come! 11/30-12/8, 2012, PPH!
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994


yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #752
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupikgal View Post
Hi Laurie, thanks for the link on FB to your Magical, Fantastical, Awesome Trip report!! wow!! I loved every picture, every word! You made me feel like I was there, and got me very excited for our upcoming trip! Can't believe we'll be there again in a couple of months!

Have some questions...why do you call Mickey's Fun wheel "Death Wheel"? did you have a bad experience or have you never been? What about the Tower of Terror, I'm really a chicken on rides, but only certain ones, like the high up ones (other than Splash Mountain) DON'T like BTMRR (had a horrible experience years ago and will never go again)...my daughter is trying to say that I might be ok on TOT, but I'm not sure!

I love Soarin', Monsters Inc., GRR, POTC, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan (actually all the rides in Fantasyland) but I also love things like the Monorail, Train, Carousel, and just people watching, strolling down Main Street, watching shows like Fantasmic, etc!

Love popcorn, so all your popcorn cart pics were especially meaningful for me!

Thanks again, Kelly P.
Hi Kelly!!!!

Glad you made it over here!!

Ok, Mickey's Fun Wheel.........it's lovingly called Mickey's Death wheel by all us big chickens!! I, personally, would have a heart attack if I got on it. I'm afraid of heights & it's really, REALLY tall!!!

Won't do ToT, hate the feeling of falling. I can handle small drops (POTC, GRR) but even Splash Mtn bugs me.

I love BTMRR......my favorite ride......could do it over & over & over!!

I enjoy the rides, but have just as much fun (or more) watching the shows, entertainment, etc. I could do DL without going on a ride......I'd be itching to get on a few....but I'd be happy just being there!!

Looking forward to seeing pics from your trip!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #753
goofycathy
we obviously have different taste huh?
Fantasyland makes me feel like a Princess
 
goofycathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ONLY 752 miles north of the happiest place on earth!!!
Posts: 789

Hey Laurie......Check out my new ticker but shhhhhhhh, we havent told the kids yet and my kids are nosy little boogers who are all over FB!
Yay!
My husband is leaving the first part of May to go to Alaska to work for 6 months so yesterday we decided to go on a quick trip b4 he heads out for so long....yay! I cant wait, got it all booked yesterday!

Still not sure wether I should do a trip report or not?!?! still havent finished the last day of the previous trip....hmmmm may have to think a little harder. Between work and only having 24 days till we leave AND not telling the kids, it may be harder than the previous ones were?!?!? I just knew I had to tell you! woohoo!

__________________

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9


goofycathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 AM   #754
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofycathy View Post
Hey Laurie......Check out my new ticker but shhhhhhhh, we havent told the kids yet and my kids are nosy little boogers who are all over FB!
Yay!
My husband is leaving the first part of May to go to Alaska to work for 6 months so yesterday we decided to go on a quick trip b4 he heads out for so long....yay! I cant wait, got it all booked yesterday!

Still not sure wether I should do a trip report or not?!?! still havent finished the last day of the previous trip....hmmmm may have to think a little harder. Between work and only having 24 days till we leave AND not telling the kids, it may be harder than the previous ones were?!?!? I just knew I had to tell you! woohoo!

YAY!!!! How exciting!!!! I'm just sorry to see that your hubby is gonna be gone for 6 months! That would be so hard!!

Where are you gonna stay?? How many days?? Anything special you're gonna do when there (WoC dinner, Fantasmic dessert)

If you don't do a trip report......just make sure to take lots of pictures to share on FB. I won't say a thing on FB......I know nothing......

Please feel free to let me know on here your plans.......and what exactly is hubby gonna do up in Alaska??
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #755
goofycathy
we obviously have different taste huh?
Fantasyland makes me feel like a Princess
 
goofycathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ONLY 752 miles north of the happiest place on earth!!!
Posts: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
YAY!!!! How exciting!!!! I'm just sorry to see that your hubby is gonna be gone for 6 months! That would be so hard!!
It will be ok, were both pretty independant and pretty good at handling things on our own, after much talking and consideration we think we'll be fine

Where are you gonna stay?? How many days?? Anything special you're gonna do when there (WoC dinner, Fantasmic dessert)
Were gonna stay at LaQuinta, its cheap and they have a big suite for $1000 less than PP which is where I wanted to stay, but DH has already promised to take me to all three on-sites when he gets back as my reward for holding down the fort while he is gone and a great pay off for all his hard work. We'll be in the park for 5 days but they are doing some sort of Pirates screening on the island so no Fantasmic while we are there or else we had planned on doing the dessert, maybe next time were there. We did WoC dinner last November so we'll def see the show but maybe this time we'll choose the picnics instead or maybe just try and wing the FP for seating since weve all seen it already....not sure yet on this one.

If you don't do a trip report......just make sure to take lots of pictures to share on FB. I won't say a thing on FB......I know nothing......
Yay, thank you, I know my kids are nosy and if my plans were discovered I would be bummed out a little! lol

Please feel free to let me know on here your plans.......and what exactly is hubby gonna do up in Alaska??
He is going to be helping to re-do a 80 mile stretch of highway about 80 miles north of fairbanks. The pay is OUTSTANDING and they pay him $75 a day on top of that for his food and lodging which he wont use because him and some other people are staying in a motorhome/trailer thingy. We hoping to be able to pay off our car and our one major credit card and save for our awesome DL trip in November.
Yay, im so excited, If I can just figure out how to keep my excitement contained...for the kids sake! LOL
__________________

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9


goofycathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:13 PM   #756
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,364

That sounds amazing!!! I'm not sure I could handle Mike being gone for 6 days, let alone 6 months!! But the pay is wonderful & definitely tempting!!

The kids are gonna be so surprised!!!! How are they handling dad being gone??

Looking forward to hearing all about it!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #757
goofycathy
we obviously have different taste huh?
Fantasyland makes me feel like a Princess
 
goofycathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ONLY 752 miles north of the happiest place on earth!!!
Posts: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
That sounds amazing!!! I'm not sure I could handle Mike being gone for 6 days, let alone 6 months!! But the pay is wonderful & definitely tempting!!

The kids are gonna be so surprised!!!! How are they handling dad being gone??

Looking forward to hearing all about it!!
I think the key is to give them something to look forward to. One being a probable trip to Alaska over the summer to see some family we have in Fairbanks and also the promise of another trip to DL when DH gets home...they are in great spirits about the whole thing, but you know as well as I do that could all change the minute he leaves!
__________________

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9


goofycathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #758
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofycathy View Post
I think the key is to give them something to look forward to. One being a probable trip to Alaska over the summer to see some family we have in Fairbanks and also the promise of another trip to DL when DH gets home...they are in great spirits about the whole thing, but you know as well as I do that could all change the minute he leaves!
Here's to hoping they handle at well as you!!! A trip to Alaska....that will be fun!! Is that where you're from?? I imagine when the kids are in school, time will fly by, but this summer could seem long to them.......but I really hope they do ok (and you too!!) You could always come to Salem & have a giant sleepover in my front room!!! The invitation is always there!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:20 PM   #759
goofycathy
we obviously have different taste huh?
Fantasyland makes me feel like a Princess
 
goofycathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ONLY 752 miles north of the happiest place on earth!!!
Posts: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Here's to hoping they handle at well as you!!! A trip to Alaska....that will be fun!! Is that where you're from?? I imagine when the kids are in school, time will fly by, but this summer could seem long to them.......but I really hope they do ok (and you too!!) You could always come to Salem & have a giant sleepover in my front room!!! The invitation is always there!!
DH's family lives in Fairbanks so we love going up there, well technically the kids have never been there but were planning on changing that this year! and I may just take you up on that giant sleepover! sounds like a BLAST!
__________________

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9


goofycathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:37 AM   #760
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofycathy View Post
DH's family lives in Fairbanks so we love going up there, well technically the kids have never been there but were planning on changing that this year! and I may just take you up on that giant sleepover! sounds like a BLAST!
S*W*E*E*T !!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #761
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran
 
TheColtonsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Malta Montana USA
Posts: 2,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofycathy View Post
I think the key is to give them something to look forward to. One being a probable trip to Alaska over the summer to see some family we have in Fairbanks and also the promise of another trip to DL when DH gets home...they are in great spirits about the whole thing, but you know as well as I do that could all change the minute he leaves!
Don't know the ages of your kids but when my hubby was doing over the road truck driving we sent a stuffed monkey of Coltons along for the ride and he sent pics of the monkey where Dad was... a little like Duffy's travels... The monkey at dinner... The monkey sitting on the dash board etc .. made him feel like a piece of him was with his Daddy far away!
__________________

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #762
goofycathy
we obviously have different taste huh?
Fantasyland makes me feel like a Princess
 
goofycathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ONLY 752 miles north of the happiest place on earth!!!
Posts: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtonsMom View Post
Don't know the ages of your kids but when my hubby was doing over the road truck driving we sent a stuffed monkey of Coltons along for the ride and he sent pics of the monkey where Dad was... a little like Duffy's travels... The monkey at dinner... The monkey sitting on the dash board etc .. made him feel like a piece of him was with his Daddy far away!
The boys are 16 and 13 and they are doing fine with it, my DD is 9 so its a little bit harder for her, but its also not her dad, its their step-dad, they see their bio-dad every weekend. They are disappointed he is leaving but they are old enough to understand why hes going and ok with it, plus they know when he gets back we have "the big DL trip" planned!
__________________

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9


goofycathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #763
MarieS
DIS Veteran
 
MarieS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 831

Fabulous trip report! I am considering a trip to DL and your report was a big help to a DL newbie. It really gave me a feel for things and how I might start planning Thanks for sharing all your photos!
__________________
Past trips: MNSSHP 2005 (Make-a Wish ), MVMCP 2007 , MNSSHP 2008
MNSSHP 2009 Nieces 2010, FG Fest 2011, DL 2012


MarieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #764
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieS View Post
Fabulous trip report! I am considering a trip to DL and your report was a big help to a DL newbie. It really gave me a feel for things and how I might start planning Thanks for sharing all your photos!
I'm so glad my report was of help!!! If you have any questions....please feel free ask away!!!!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #765
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,364

Yay, I got my photopass CD today!!! So here's the last pictures for this trip!!

These were from the first day in front of the castle & Partner's statue:






This was from Day 2, our group shot at the Princess Fantasy Faire:





This time I decided to do a few photos in Black & White & this was one that I felt would look good that way:



I was so excited to get to the do the sword fight with Capt Hook picture, but did not like that the photographer didn't let me look up or at the camera.....he had me stand that way & keep my head down......so not thrilled with the outcome, but oh well...there's always next time!



More coming up!



__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: