Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2011, 11:56 PM   #556
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Lets finish up those fireworks.

Now this pic is blurry, but take a look at the smoke around the castle.....notice a familiar shape???

The end of the show.

The beautiful castle!

After the show, a small group of us headed to Space Mountain. I took pics of our "photos".....now I swore I knew who went.....but I'm having trouble figuring out who exactly was there.....this is my best guess:

Michelle, Vicki & I:

I believe it's Cynthia & Becci, Jen & Jodi (but for some reason I thought Marie was with us.......so I'm confused)

The group headed towards Pinocchio & I went to call home. Before my phone call, I got a text from Jessica & sent her towards Pinocchio to catch up to the rest of the group.

I rejoined the group by BTMRR. We all took a ride.....LOVE this ride!!! Sarah & Rochelle had also joined up with us for this ride.

Our next ride was Indiana Jones. Got to sit in the front on the edge......usually I'm in the back or middle seats.....so this was a new experience. Is it just me.....or does Indy have way more graphics now....or maybe they were all just working......lol I know I've read over the last couple of years,people complaining about certain things not working......but this was like riding it for the first time......really cool!!

Anyways.......after the ride, both Marie & I decided we were done.....so we walked back over to the Carousel.....calling it a night.

Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:58 PM   #557
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

I have had panic attacks and as I read I was really surprised you kept going. They always make me feel like I need to sleep for 12 hours. Kudos for continuing on and enjoying the day.

OK here is a little tip on the money thing and I am not sure every hotel will let you do it but here you go.

#1 - I always pre-pay my hotel therefore I don't get the hold for the room charges this is key for the rest of this tip

#2 - If the hotel wants a deposit upon arrival for incidentals I give them a cash deposit. They may resist at first but I have never had them turn this option down flat. The people at the Anabella when we went at Christmas were very gracious about it.

#3 - When you check out they return your cash less any incidentals you used and that way you have cash at the ready for your trip home.

It works for me as our trips are tightly budgeted and if they put a hold on my card for 2-3 days we would probably not have enough money to get home LOL

As always enjoyed walking around the resort with you and your camera.

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2011, 12:03 AM   #558
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtonsMom View Post
I have had panic attacks and as I read I was really surprised you kept going. They always make me feel like I need to sleep for 12 hours. Kudos for continuing on and enjoying the day.

OK here is a little tip on the money thing and I am not sure every hotel will let you do it but here you go.

#1 - I always pre-pay my hotel therefore I don't get the hold for the room charges this is key for the rest of this tip

#2 - If the hotel wants a deposit upon arrival for incidentals I give them a cash deposit. They may resist at first but I have never had them turn this option down flat. The people at the Anabella when we went at Christmas were very gracious about it.

#3 - When you check out they return your cash less any incidentals you used and that way you have cash at the ready for your trip home.

It works for me as our trips are tightly budgeted and if they put a hold on my card for 2-3 days we would probably not have enough money to get home LOL

As always enjoyed walking around the resort with you and your camera.
Usually I do pre-pay for the motel stays....but never thought of offering a cash deposit for incidentals......I will definitely do that next time.......I try to avoid giving the motels any card.....because there always seems to be something! Thanx for those tips!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 03-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #559
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Usually I do pre-pay for the motel stays....but never thought of offering a cash deposit for incidentals......I will definitely do that next time.......I try to avoid giving the motels any card.....because there always seems to be something! Thanx for those tips!!
I wish it had been that easy for me with the PPH fiasco in December. But, alas, not so.

As for Disney hotels, they still need to block a certain amount on a card when you check in, even if you come down on check-out day and hand them cash to cover anything that was incurred. They tell you that they have to have a card on file. This is just in case the guest skips out and doesn't come down to the front desk on check-out day to pay anything they have racked up during their stay, the hotel needs to be able to have a card to charge the balance. If you leave them a $50 cash deposit, you could still charge $400 worth of stuff to the room...and then skip out on check-out day.

I expected them to block something - like $50 or whatever - when I checked into the PPH in December. I've stayed onsite enough times to know the drill. Their mistake was that they blocked almost $300, and didn't tell me about it, even after I paid them in full for the room. They should have only blocked $50, or something like 3% of my total hotel room amount, whichever is greater, for incidentals.

I think the Good Neighbors are more inclined to take cash deposits for incidentals. Many of the Good Neigbors are much smaller establishments. The Disney hotels used to take cash deposits for incidentals in the old, old days, but now they need a card...although they will accept cash payment for a balance due on a room upon check-in. You have to pay the one-night deposit with a card, but whatever is still due when you check in they will accept in cash.

Anyway, wow - 85 degrees! That would have been too much for me in DLR. I don't like it when it's that hot to begin with, let alone running around for a scavenger hunt.

It sounds like some of the scavenger hunt stuff was quite hard and, yet, so creative at the same time. The amount of time and preparation that went into putting that together must have been incredible.

Isn't Jessica involved in the scavvy hunt committee for the Diva trip 2012? If so, I have a hunch she will come up with some really clever and unique ideas of things to look for.

Looking forward to the next installments!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #560
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I wish it had been that easy for me with the PPH fiasco in December. But, alas, not so.

As for Disney hotels, they still need to block a certain amount on a card when you check in, even if you come down on check-out day and hand them cash to cover anything that was incurred. They tell you that they have to have a card on file. This is just in case the guest skips out and doesn't come down to the front desk on check-out day to pay anything they have racked up during their stay, the hotel needs to be able to have a card to charge the balance. If you leave them a $50 cash deposit, you could still charge $400 worth of stuff to the room...and then skip out on check-out day.

I expected them to block something - like $50 or whatever - when I checked into the PPH in December. I've stayed onsite enough times to know the drill. Their mistake was that they blocked almost $300, and didn't tell me about it, even after I paid them in full for the room. They should have only blocked $50, or something like 3% of my total hotel room amount, whichever is greater, for incidentals.

I think the Good Neighbors are more inclined to take cash deposits for incidentals. Many of the Good Neigbors are much smaller establishments. The Disney hotels used to take cash deposits for incidentals in the old, old days, but now they need a card...although they will accept cash payment for a balance due on a room upon check-in. You have to pay the one-night deposit with a card, but whatever is still due when you check in they will accept in cash.

Anyway, wow - 85 degrees! That would have been too much for me in DLR. I don't like it when it's that hot to begin with, let alone running around for a scavenger hunt.

It sounds like some of the scavenger hunt stuff was quite hard and, yet, so creative at the same time. The amount of time and preparation that went into putting that together must have been incredible.

Isn't Jessica involved in the scavvy hunt committee for the Diva trip 2012? If so, I have a hunch she will come up with some really clever and unique ideas of things to look for.

We had the $50 hold put on at PPH.....so that was ok, I just charged back to the room....so it wasn't like I didn't have access to it....unlike if we stayed at the Good Neighbors. When we went on 05, the Desert Inn (and it was paid ahead of time) put a $300 hold on my MIL's card but failed to mention it to her........she wasn't happy about it.

We've had holds of anywhere from $30 to $300 in holds.....just crazy when you pay ahead of time to get that large of a hold. It's the mistakes by the front desk people that can really mess up those holds.

The scavenger hunt committee did an excellent job.....a really good mix. Jessica has volunteered for the committee next year....hopefully she'll be able to do so.....I know they try to go with locals because they meet at the park quite a few times to put this all together.....but I think they could use Jazz's talents on the "I Spy" (Pictures) portion.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #561
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post

I figured that tip would not work at on-site hotels not with the "charge it to my room" feature which is why I didn't give it to you after your fiasco LOL but it works well for us at the GN hotels and when we travel elsewhere.

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #562
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I got a $50 put on my card too. John promised that it would be back off by the time I left. He was right but what I found ironic was the room charge did not come off until I had been home for a week.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #563
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

I'm loving your trip report! I've only ever started one (for the Half Marathon last year) and I never finished it!

Quote:
I think Naveen & Louis were added for the Family Fun Weekend.....because when we saw the show last summer they were not part of it. I was so excited to see Louis!!!

Yes, you may steal some photos!!!
The only time i have seem all three of them together was during the Disneyland Half Marathon and I got a picture as I ran by but there's someone else posing with them. There was no way I was stopping to stand in line for a picture. It was my first race ever and I wanted to be sure I finsihed in time.

Quote:

3rd Place: I think this went to the Hollywood Court Jesters as well.

2nd Place: Our Team!!! WooHoo.......Jessica & Michelle did AWESOME!!!

1st Place: The Royal Brat Pack (Sarah, Jen, Rochelle, Marie)......this was the young uns'.......so we figured they would do really well on the hunt!!

Our team got a cute little tote with Mickey on it. Inside was a tube of Light-Up Bracelets, a Bottle of Hand Lotion, a beach themed Note Pad, a Pen & a $10 Disney Gift Card.

The Scavy Hunt committee did an incredible job.......a great mix of questions, Disney trivia & fun!!!

I don't know if it was announced but my mom made all the tote bags.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #564
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

HI Laurie!

I finally made it over here to check out your TR. I love it!! Great job so far and really nice pics.
My favorite are the ones with the Mardi Gras decorations and with the characters dressed to party. Love it.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #565
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I got a $50 put on my card too. John promised that it would be back off by the time I left. He was right but what I found ironic was the room charge did not come off until I had been home for a week.
That is kinda weird....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
I'm loving your trip report! I've only ever started one (for the Half Marathon last year) and I never finished it!

The only time i have seem all three of them together was during the Disneyland Half Marathon and I got a picture as I ran by but there's someone else posing with them. There was no way I was stopping to stand in line for a picture. It was my first race ever and I wanted to be sure I finsihed in time.

I don't know if it was announced but my mom made all the tote bags.
I think I saw your TR....you should finish it up!!

I don't think they announced that.....I'm so glad you told me.....I absolutely love mine!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
HI Laurie!

I finally made it over here to check out your TR. I love it!! Great job so far and really nice pics.
My favorite are the ones with the Mardi Gras decorations and with the characters dressed to party. Love it.
Thanx Beth......The Mardi Gras was a highlight for my camera.....lol I just kept going back & taking more.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #566
DizNee Luver

Day 4, started lazily at the motel. We were meeting with a group of ladies at HoJo's to carpool down to the Company D store (castmember store), with Jill as our host at 10am.

I borrowed this photo....didn't get a group one on my camera. This was after the shopping was done!!

This was a fun little trip for me.....I'm huge on shopping when at Disneyland....so this was a real treat getting to go. They have merchandise that's currently in some of the shops, stuff from Christmas & Halloween, pins, collectibles, clothes, food, etc. The only thing we couldn't purchase was stuff labeled for CM's only. (that would have been fun to look thru.....lol)

I ended up getting: 2 fleece jackets, tee for me, tee for Mike, tee for each of the 4 littles, 2 coloring sets, car set (license plate holder, window clings, key chain & air freshener), set of coasters, small purse, hat, 3 WoC light up keychains, 2 pins, travel mug, antenna topper, Capt. Jack costume & Tangled dress all for $245!!!!!!!! SCORE!!!!

When we got back from the store, I decided to hang out at the motel & get stuff organized. I headed back to DL for the 1:30 BBQ with the group.

This was the last "group" activity of the trip & so we did the lunch at the Celebration BBQ.

Deb-Carol-Steph:

Bree-Linda-Tammy-Wendy:

Lisa-Trish-Jill-Chris:

Jessica & her camera!!

Donna-Tina-Michelle:

Jen-Capri-Katie-Melody:

Trudi-Rochelle-Sarah:

The performers were on stage & I went to take a picture & they of course....posed!! Ta-Da!! lol

Cheryl:

Our waiter (at least to start the meal, then we switched to a gal):

The group....I believe we had 22 in all!

The food!!
Chicken & Ribs:

Beans & Coleslaw:

Cornbread:

The entire spread for the lunches!

BBQ Dessert Menu:

Bring on the Desserts!!

Family Dessert--Chocolate Chip Cookie Bake with Vanilla Ice Cream & Hot Fudge:

Strawberry Shortcake:

Apple Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream:

After the lunch, a lot of goodbyes were said, lots of hugs. After such a wonderful weekend.....it was sad to see it come to an end.

This was the end of my "Girls Only Trip"......Mike would be coming in later. At this point, I could now say that "I AM A DIS-DIVA"!!!

Old 03-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #567
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Yay!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #568
goofycathy
DIS Veteran

Location: ONLY 752 miles north of the happiest place on earth!!!

Im so excited that you are officially a "Dis-Diva"! Cant wait till I can say the same thing! and yum! those desserts look yummmmmmmmyyyy! Cant wait to read more! good job...

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9

goofycathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #569
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Yay!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofycathy View Post
Im so excited that you are officially a "Dis-Diva"! Cant wait till I can say the same thing! and yum! those desserts look yummmmmmmmyyyy! Cant wait to read more! good job...
Thank you, thank you ladies!!!

Last summer I had some of the chocolate chip cookie bake.....it was decadent!!!! I passed this time around on the goodies.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #570
sierranevada
DISDiva

Great trip report, Laurie! Glad you became a DisDiva!!

sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: