Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #511
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Laurie I am loving your trip report! Especially all of the great pics

I had a hard time the first time I did a girls-only trip. There was one day I just got really upset, had a good cry, and realized that I need to do something for myself once in awhile. I got over it and had a blast the rest of the time.
Thanx!! I think I'll be better prepared next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
After our Princess Group Photo a CM told me that our picture is the type that would be selected for the Small World thing. He was even excited about it saying, "I'm not 100% sure it will be selected but I'm SURE it will ! " Well Sarah and I never made it to see if indeed it was selected. Guess we'll never know.
I knew I heard it somewhere.....I wonder if anyone ever got over there to watch??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I was seriously behind, but am all caught up now

Your meet looked nice all decorated. Looked like a ton of great goodies.

I love seeing the pics of everyone in their pink shirts. You all look too cute

WOC show looks amazing. I hope that sticks around for a long time so I get to see it
Lots of goodies.....I begged people to go back 2 or 3 times & there was still stuff left over....lol

The pink shirts looked great especially for the princess thing!!

I think WoC will be around for quite a while......still extremely popular & rates up with Fantasmic & that's still going strong!! You'll love it....pictures don't give it justice!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #512
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Now mind you I have three teenagers that text me.

It wasn't six hours. I was so totally worn thin I couldn't hear it again.
Laurie there is someone with a ? about multiple people dining with the AP discounts with only one AP. If I remember right your family does this and I thought you might be able to help her. Her thread is here... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2678715

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #513
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtonsMom View Post
Laurie there is someone with a ? about multiple people dining with the AP discounts with only one AP. If I remember right your family does this and I thought you might be able to help her. Her thread is here... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2678715
Thanx Sherri.....I replied on the thread!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #514
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I knew I heard it somewhere.....I wonder if anyone ever got over there to watch??
Rochell and I watched it on Saturday but we didn't see our Castle picture. We could have missd it becasue they project pictures all over IASW so you might be looking to the right and the picture might be on the left side.

I think it's a really neat show. They play music from different movies and ride and incorporate the pictures in. I like when they play the music from Pirates and they make IASW look like it's on fire.

If you look on youtube you can find videos of it.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #515
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Rochell and I watched it on Saturday but we didn't see our Castle picture. We could have missd it becasue they project pictures all over IASW so you might be looking to the right and the picture might be on the left side.

I think it's a really neat show. They play music from different movies and ride and incorporate the pictures in. I like when they play the music from Pirates and they make IASW look like it's on fire.

If you look on youtube you can find videos of it.
I really wanted to go watch, but the only time would have been Sunday night & that's the night Mike came into town & would have felt guilty leaving him by himself. We looked at the 3 nights we had together & we had dinner or WoC around the times they showed it......bummer! I'll go look on youtube to watch it....thanx!

Old 03-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #516
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

I agree it looks REALLY neat!! I just hope that they still are doing it if we get to go in Oct!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #517
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
I agree it looks REALLY neat!! I just hope that they still are doing it if we get to go in Oct!!
It's hard to say......I'm not sure this isn't a filler for lack of parades & fireworks.......but it would nice for them to continue it....I'd like to watch it live as well!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #518
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Finally, I am getting over here to comment! I'd been reading along and was all caught up, but sometimes there is just no time to jump in and say something!

First of all, I have to say that I am one who hates heights - so therefore, planes are not my thing. Even if I am standing on the ground, feet firmly planted, and I look up at a tall building...I get that same feeling in my stomach and legs as if I am on top of the building looking down. So the pictures you took from the plane gave me that uneasy feeling in my stomach!! I had to quickly scroll past them.

But I admire you so much for conquering your fear, getting on that plane and then taking a trip away from the family - which I know was very, very hard on you.

I can totally empathize with what you were saying about hotels/motels blocking (holding) certain amounts on your card, although I'm very glad it worked out for you and didn't turn into a nightmare. I don't know if you read my big Christmas TR from my trip this past December, but that was what led to me getting the great deal I now have for the PPH ($99 per night). They were compensating me for screwing up. They held a big chunk of money on my card (after everything was already paid in full) when I checked in, and didn't tell me they were doing it. They also didn't ask which card they could use and just selected one. That's not how they are supposed to do things. Anyway, since I didn't know that they had put this big block on funds (seeing as I paid them in full), I went merrily along, spending on the card they put the hold on...not realizing that I was becoming overdrawn. So it caused a big snowball - all because the PPH people didn't enter in a code to release the hold when I checked in and paid.

Anyway, I digress...Back to your TR - I love love love your Wheel of Death photos. I love some of the angles you got in the daytime shots. In all of the photos I got in December, DCA went largely ignored. I wanted to get some good stuff in the Paradise Pier area and just didn't have enough time in the trip to do it. Your photos are just wonderful!

Laurie, have you ever been on It's a Small World Holiday? I find that if I go on the regular, non-holiday IASW, I am not inclined to ride it repeatedly. It gets old for me. However, the holiday version is so stunning and there is so much to see inside the ride, that I find I can ride it repeatedly and not get that same IASW burn out that I would get otherwise!

I don't know if you know, but there was a very recent thread about the Surf's Up meal (which has now probably sunk to Page 1000 of the DL forum), so I went through your previous TR to copy links to each individual post recapping your Surf's Up experience - all the way from when you arrived at the restaurant to your cost breakdown, to the 'extra' Surf's Up photos you added in at the end. I know it covered about 3 pages or so, but I posted links to each separate post, so I think there were maybe 10 - 12 links or something in all! I wonder if the OP ended up deciding to go with Surfs Up? I figure if anyone's photos are going to encourage a Surf's Up meal, it's yours, because they are so in-depth!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #519
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Laurie, have you ever been on It's a Small World Holiday? I find that if I go on the regular, non-holiday IASW, I am not inclined to ride it repeatedly. It gets old for me. However, the holiday version is so stunning and there is so much to see inside the ride, that I find I can ride it repeatedly and not get that same IASW burn out that I would get otherwise!
The other thing about the holiday version that makes it easy to go on over & over is that instead of "it's a small world" all the way through they cut in holiday tunes as well.

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #520
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Finally, I am getting over here to comment! I'd been reading along and was all caught up, but sometimes there is just no time to jump in and say something!

First of all, I have to say that I am one who hates heights - so therefore, planes are not my thing. Even if I am standing on the ground, feet firmly planted, and I look up at a tall building...I get that same feeling in my stomach and legs as if I am on top of the building looking down. So the pictures you took from the plane gave me that uneasy feeling in my stomach!! I had to quickly scroll past them.

But I admire you so much for conquering your fear, getting on that plane and then taking a trip away from the family - which I know was very, very hard on you.

I can totally empathize with what you were saying about hotels/motels blocking (holding) certain amounts on your card, although I'm very glad it worked out for you and didn't turn into a nightmare. I don't know if you read my big Christmas TR from my trip this past December, but that was what led to me getting the great deal I now have for the PPH ($99 per night). They were compensating me for screwing up. They held a big chunk of money on my card (after everything was already paid in full) when I checked in, and didn't tell me they were doing it. They also didn't ask which card they could use and just selected one. That's not how they are supposed to do things. Anyway, since I didn't know that they had put this big block on funds (seeing as I paid them in full), I went merrily along, spending on the card they put the hold on...not realizing that I was becoming overdrawn. So it caused a big snowball - all because the PPH people didn't enter in a code to release the hold when I checked in and paid.

Anyway, I digress...Back to your TR - I love love love your Wheel of Death photos. I love some of the angles you got in the daytime shots. In all of the photos I got in December, DCA went largely ignored. I wanted to get some good stuff in the Paradise Pier area and just didn't have enough time in the trip to do it. Your photos are just wonderful!

I don't know if you know, but there was a very recent thread about the Surf's Up meal (which has now probably sunk to Page 1000 of the DL forum), so I went through your previous TR to copy links to each individual post recapping your Surf's Up experience - all the way from when you arrived at the restaurant to your cost breakdown, to the 'extra' Surf's Up photos you added in at the end. I know it covered about 3 pages or so, but I posted links to each separate post, so I think there were maybe 10 - 12 links or something in all! I wonder if the OP ended up deciding to go with Surfs Up? I figure if anyone's photos are going to encourage a Surf's Up meal, it's yours, because they are so in-depth!
I'm glad you finally stopped in to say hi!!!

The last time I flew I had to be sedated.....so this was a huge accomplishment for me. It actually wasn't so bad & I loved getting to Anaheim in 2 1/2 hrs vs 16-17 hrs.....lol I won't have a problem going that route again!!

It is pretty scary when you're on limited funds to have a "hold" put on your card because they don't always charge back to the hold.....if that would have happened it would have been over $1000.......more than half my money for 8 days! The asst general mgr said if that happened he would fax a release of authorization to my bank & then it would be available with in 6 hrs.....so that was cool he was willing to do that if need be.

I love getting photos at different angles (if possible)....fascinated with the fun wheel but will never......I repeat......NEVER get on it!!!! Mickey's Death Wheel is not for me!!!

I have never been to the park during the holidays......my next goal for sure. I'm hoping to win the lottery & go in October....but IASW doesn't get redone that early does it?

No I didn't see it, but haven't really be looking at all the threads since I got home......but thanx for passing on the info. I will have an updated one since Mike & I went on our first day together this past trip. The food was even better than last summer!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #521
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtonsMom View Post
The other thing about the holiday version that makes it easy to go on over & over is that instead of "it's a small world" all the way through they cut in holiday tunes as well.
I've heard the soundtrack for the holiday version.....really want to see it!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #522
captnmgd23
Mouseketeer

Your trip reports and all the pictures are really great.

The IASW show is really great, I was really surprised and glad that we made our way to watch it this past February, it is so neat what they do to the facade of the building! And my niece made it in the show from a picture from Bibbity Boppity Boutique, it was great to see, they flash by so fast that you barely catch it.
captnmgd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #523
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I'm glad you finally stopped in to say hi!!!

The last time I flew I had to be sedated.....so this was a huge accomplishment for me. It actually wasn't so bad & I loved getting to Anaheim in 2 1/2 hrs vs 16-17 hrs.....lol I won't have a problem going that route again!!

It is pretty scary when you're on limited funds to have a "hold" put on your card because they don't always charge back to the hold.....if that would have happened it would have been over $1000.......more than half my money for 8 days! The asst general mgr said if that happened he would fax a release of authorization to my bank & then it would be available with in 6 hrs.....so that was cool he was willing to do that if need be.

I love getting photos at different angles (if possible)....fascinated with the fun wheel but will never......I repeat......NEVER get on it!!!! Mickey's Death Wheel is not for me!!!

I have never been to the park during the holidays......my next goal for sure. I'm hoping to win the lottery & go in October....but IASW doesn't get redone that early does it?

No I didn't see it, but haven't really be looking at all the threads since I got home......but thanx for passing on the info. I will have an updated one since Mike & I went on our first day together this past trip. The food was even better than last summer!!!

Yes - that's exactly it. If you're on limited funds and any kind of unexpected transaction occurs on a card, it can really mess things up. People who have plenty of money or credit to go around don't have to worry about it. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people! I have to count every single penny.

IASW will go down sometime in late October so it can get its holiday overlay. I'm guessing it might go down sometime over the weekend of October 21 - 23, and then will most likely reopen as IASW Holiday by 11/11/11 this year.

Oh, Laurie! You absolutely have to do a DLR holiday trip at some point in the next couple of years (money issues permitting, of course). I just know you would love it, the kids would love it - you'd have a wonderful time. The thing is, as magical as DLR is on any given 'regular' day, it is 10,000 times more magical and special during the holiday season. The nighttime Winter Castle and IASW Holiday at night are just breathtaking. The holiday lights on Main Street are stunning. The different types of holiday decor in NOS, in Frontierland, in ToonTown, in A Bug's Land, the 700 Christmas trees around the whole Resort, the wonderful GCH ambiance with carolers by the tree and a guitarist strumming holiday tunes by the fire, the holiday songs that change theme depending on the land in DL...it is all just enchanting!

I know that you appreciate all the fun details of DLR. There are so many more details to discover during Christmas time. If you're like me, you could spend half the day in just the Reindeer Round-Up alone, snapping pictures of all the little details. And then you'd spend the other half of the day bouncing around from the 3 hotels, snapping photos of trees and decorations and ornaments. I took about 1600 photos over a 3-1/2 day trip, mostly of holiday stuff, and I wasn't even close to being finished with my quest. I could have fired off another couple of thousand photos in another couple of days!

I know you would go nuts with the camera too during a DLR holiday trip (and maybe surpass your previous achievement of 4000 photos, turning it into 8000 photos!!).

I am sooooo crossing my fingers for you that you can make an eventual DLR holiday trip! I just know you would adore it.

I see Sherri just bumped the Surf's Up thread to which I was referring. I see I posted 9 links from your TR! (Why was I thinking 10-12?)

Anyway, I can't wait to read/see the next installment of the TR!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #524
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnmgd23 View Post
Your trip reports and all the pictures are really great.

The IASW show is really great, I was really surprised and glad that we made our way to watch it this past February, it is so neat what they do to the facade of the building! And my niece made it in the show from a picture from Bibbity Boppity Boutique, it was great to see, they flash by so fast that you barely catch it.
Thank You!!

It looks like the pics come & go all over it pretty quickly....your pic might be there but if you're not looking that direction when it pops up, you'll miss it. But overall the effect would be pretty cool to watch!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Yes - that's exactly it. If you're on limited funds and any kind of unexpected transaction occurs on a card, it can really mess things up. People who have plenty of money or credit to go around don't have to worry about it. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people! I have to count every single penny.

IASW will go down sometime in late October so it can get its holiday overlay. I'm guessing it might go down sometime over the weekend of October 21 - 23, and then will most likely reopen as IASW Holiday by 11/11/11 this year.

Oh, Laurie! You absolutely have to do a DLR holiday trip at some point in the next couple of years (money issues permitting, of course). I just know you would love it, the kids would love it - you'd have a wonderful time. The thing is, as magical as DLR is on any given 'regular' day, it is 10,000 times more magical and special during the holiday season. The nighttime Winter Castle and IASW Holiday at night are just breathtaking. The holiday lights on Main Street are stunning. The different types of holiday decor in NOS, in Frontierland, in ToonTown, in A Bug's Land, the 700 Christmas trees around the whole Resort, the wonderful GCH ambiance with carolers by the tree and a guitarist strumming holiday tunes by the fire, the holiday songs that change theme depending on the land in DL...it is all just enchanting!

I know that you appreciate all the fun details of DLR. There are so many more details to discover during Christmas time. If you're like me, you could spend half the day in just the Reindeer Round-Up alone, snapping pictures of all the little details. And then you'd spend the other half of the day bouncing around from the 3 hotels, snapping photos of trees and decorations and ornaments. I took about 1600 photos over a 3-1/2 day trip, mostly of holiday stuff, and I wasn't even close to being finished with my quest. I could have fired off another couple of thousand photos in another couple of days!

I know you would go nuts with the camera too during a DLR holiday trip (and maybe surpass your previous achievement of 4000 photos, turning it into 8000 photos!!).

I am sooooo crossing my fingers for you that you can make an eventual DLR holiday trip! I just know you would adore it.

I see Sherri just bumped the Surf's Up thread to which I was referring. I see I posted 9 links from your TR! (Why was I thinking 10-12?)

Anyway, I can't wait to read/see the next installment of the TR!!
I soooooooooo want to go during the holidays......theres some talk of possibly going in October.....but not sure that will work out financially for us. I'd actually love to push those plans out for a chance to go during the holidays!!!! If you were going to go in Nov or Dec.....when would you recommend going??? I hear the crowds are absolutely crazy during the holidays & would like to go when the crowds are smaller & very doable....if that's even possible.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #525
DizNee Luver

Day 3 started out early so I could join a small group at Carnation Cafe at 8am.

Trudi, Sarah, Jen & I waited a few minutes to see if the other people would show up.....we couldn't remember who had signed up, but knew we originally had 7 of us attending. While we waited, I took a few pics from around the area.

We decided at quarter after, that the 4 of us would go ahead & get seated. Here we are........me, Jen on the left Trudi & Sarah on the right.

Jen & I both ordered Oscar's Choice:

Trudi & Sarah ordered the Cinnamon Roll French Toast:

After a wonderful breakfast, the other 3 gals headed to Pirates for the group ride, while I went window shopping on Main Street. Today was Deaf Awareness Day at the park!!

Last edited by DizNee Luver; 03-15-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: