DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

BLT 2-bedroom question?

i know only a few 2-bedrooms in BCV have two queen beds in the 2nd bedroom.

we are thinking of booking the BLT for our next visit but was wondering if they have any 2-bedroom rooms with that same setup?

seems the disney is making a big mistake with all studios and larger rooms with only one bed and a pull out sofa.

i don't know about anyone else but my kids don't want to sleep in a pull out sofa for a full week.
fflmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

At most the other DVC resorts the Dedicated 2BR's have two queen beds in the second room. BCV had some sort of mistake in the design or they would have also. But BWV doesn't have any dedicated 2BR's at all.

At OKW both lock off and dedicated 2BR's will have 2 beds in the second bedroom b/c the studios all have the 2 beds.

So - at BLT you will need to book a Dedicated 2BR.

What I wish is that the studios had a King bed instead of a queen.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
JWG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
At most the other DVC resorts the Dedicated 2BR's have two queen beds in the second room. BCV had some sort of mistake in the design or they would have also. But BWV doesn't have any dedicated 2BR's at all.

At OKW both lock off and dedicated 2BR's will have 2 beds in the second bedroom b/c the studios all have the 2 beds.

So - at BLT you will need to book a Dedicated 2BR.

What I wish is that the studios had a King bed instead of a queen.
Can someone remind me, is a dedicated 2BR a "room request" or a booking category? We'll be reserving our first 2BR at BLT this next year and will likely want a dedicated 2BR. Previously, at BWV and OKW it wasn't an issue.

Looking at the BLT room chart, it looks like the lock-offs (MK view) may have the best views as they're right down the middle of the tower versus the dedicated being on either side.

Anyway, thanks!

JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #4
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

not sure. think at BCV it is. but the others - think it is a request.

with a mk view you need to request 7th floor or higher. otherwise it is mostly the parking lot view or the monrail view.

if you get the north side you are closer to the MK - that say think all the MK views you get a full view of the castle.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post

we are thinking of booking the BLT for our next visit but was wondering if they have any 2-bedroom rooms with that same setup?

seems the disney is making a big mistake with all studios and larger rooms with only one bed and a pull out sofa.

i don't know about anyone else but my kids don't want to sleep in a pull out sofa for a full week.

My husband and I slept on the pullout and let the kids have the queen last year. We figured that if they had a good sleep we would all be better off the next day!! We were very surprised at how comfortable the pull out was!! We would have no problem on that bed for a week though it probably helped that we did the parks comando style and could probably have slept on the floor comfortably too!
montrealdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
walkdmc

DIS Veteran

Okay, so if I booked a "2 BR theme park view" at BLT, is it possible I'll get a lock-out? When I booked, I didn't know anything about a "lock-out" or a "dedicated 2 BR".
walkdmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
CarpeDisney
Mouseketeer

Yes, it's possible you may get a lock-off unit, unless you place a specific request for a Dedicated 2BR. Once the request is made, it should appear on your reservation on the member site.

My Visits:
1984 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 2003 POR, 2005 Poly, 2006 CSR, 2007 CSR, 2007 POR, 2008 Off Site, 2009 SSR, 2009 AKV, 2010 AKV , 2010 Dolphin,
2011 BLT
, 2011 SSR, 2012 BLT, 2013 BLT
CarpeDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
JWG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkdmc View Post
Okay, so if I booked a "2 BR theme park view" at BLT, is it possible I'll get a lock-out? When I booked, I didn't know anything about a "lock-out" or a "dedicated 2 BR".
See here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

There are both lock-off (1BR + Studio) and dedicated 2BR rooms in the theme park view. I was wrong above, dedicated goes right up and down the middle of the tower (over the lobby as it were), lock-offs on either side and then dedicated again on the outside edges of the view category (essentially next to each of the elevator lobbies).

While the dead middle would be great, given the views from the actual elevator lobbies, I can't imagine that any of those rooms in the category have a bad view from the living room that doesn't include the castle and MK.

Now, just need to confirm if the lock-off/dedicated are room requests or an actual booking option at reservation.

JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
Who's your Mickey?
Ruler of the Disney Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post

The pullouts at BLT are better than your average pullout. I'm a big guy and I can not sleep on your average pullout because of the support bars running right across the middle of my back. The BLT pullouts don't have this issue. THey are actually pretty comfortable. They are not as comfy as a bed, but they're not bad at all.

Hide the rum...
Who's your Mickey? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #10
walkdmc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDisney View Post
Yes, it's possible you may get a lock-off unit, unless you place a specific request for a Dedicated 2BR. Once the request is made, it should appear on your reservation on the member site.
Sweet! My details state, "dedicated 2 BR".....I can't believe I never noticed that before.
walkdmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:53 PM   #11
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG View Post
Now, just need to confirm if the lock-off/dedicated are room requests or an actual booking option at reservation.
They are actual booking categories, not requests so whatever you reserve at the time you make the reservation is what you will have.

The only way that might change is if something happened to the room and all they had left was the other category.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Regarding BLT's 2BRs - there are 148 dedicated 2BRs (the second BR has two queen beds) and 133 lock off villas (the second bedroom is a studio and has one queen bed and a pull out couch).

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/bay-lake-tower

And if you reserve a dedicated 2BR your reservation will indicate it. It is a booking category. We had a dedicated 2BR in June at Kidani Village. This is what was shown on our reservation:

Quote:
Vacation home type: Ded.2BR Sav View Kidani

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #13
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Booking category, not a request.

If you do not specify; you will get a dedicated by default, except of course at Boardwalk where all the two bedrooms are lock offs.

BCV is the only special dedicated booking category. If you do not book the two queens/second bedroom there you will by default get a dedicated that has the one queen/sofa bed setup in the second bedroom.

All other resorts, again except BWV, will have two queens in the second bedroom of the dedicateds.

As Kat said the only exception is if your room was taken out of service and they did not have what you booked available.

Last edited by Sammie; 10-31-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:31 PM   #14
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
If you do not request; you will get a dedicated by default except of course at Boardwalk where all the two bedrooms are lock offs.
I'm not sure about that. I think they give you whatever is available to fit your reservation dates. Based on comments here on the Disboards, people that didn't know about dedicated villas are always ending up with lock off villas without requesting one.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #15
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
I'm not sure about that. I think they give you whatever is available to fit your reservation dates. Based on comments here on the Disboards, people that didn't know about dedicated villas are always ending up with lock off villas without requesting one.
That is per a friend who is a Member Services booking agent.

Also why would they want to give up a one bedroom and a studio when they can simply book a dedicated two bedroom especially since studios are some of the most requested.

I have never gotten a lock off unless I asked for it in over 18 years of booking. Certainly if you want to book a two bedroom and all the dedicateds are gone then your only choice is to book a lock off.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: