Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
BecksHH
Mouseketeer

Help & advice need for 1st DLP trip...

Hiya, hope no one thinks i'm crazy, but we have just booked to go to DLP in 3weeks!

I'm lucky enough to have been to WDW twice, but never to DLP...there is another big difference for us, we have a 13 month old baby girl! So its a bit of a tester to see how we would cope with WDW & a Disney fix for me, hubby is just glad i've lasted this long b4 booking.....

So we are Eurostar on Sun 27th, staying Sequoia Lodge till 1st Dec, have booked half board, thinking that as the parks close fairly early on mon/tues, it will be nice to sit down & relax over a nice meal ( Daisy is very good at eating out) So if anyone could offer any advice/tips on travling with a baby,
1st time to DLP with a baby, what not to miss....attractions that she would like/be able to ride....she love playhouse Disney, I'm sooo looking forward to her seeing that show!

I'm sure there are a lots more questions, but my minds gone blank, lol

Thanks in advance!

BecksHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
mousejunkie98
DIS Veteran

We had annual passes when we lived in Paris for a couple of years, and one of our favorite things about DLP was that they have baby chairs in every restaurant, unlike the whole rest of France!

Our son was 13 months on his first trip, and he was lucky enough to continue visiting until he was nearly 3. His favorite rides were It's A Small World, the Teacups, Casey Junior, the storybook boat ride next to Casey Junior (I've now forgotten the name), Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, The Flying Carpets of Aladdin, the Dumbos of course and the Carousel. He also did fine on Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion (as long as someone was holding him tight!).

For shows definitely don't miss Playhouse Disney and Stitch Live. Character meals were a big hit, especially Cafe Mickey.

We miss DLP very much! But it is nice being only a 2-hour plane ride away from WDW again.
Feb. 2013 Art of Animation / Nov. 2012 - Polynesian, Contemporary / May 2012 - Aulani / Dec. 2011 - POFQ / Sept. 2011 - Contemporary, Disney Dream, CSR / May, 2011 - Disney Dream, AKL, Boardwalk / Sept. 2010 - Disney Wonder / 2010 - Jan, Polynesian; June, CBR; Sept. AKL / 2006 - Fort Wilderness Cabin / 2001 & 2002 - offsite / 2000 - Wilderness Lodge / 1998 - Honeymoon at the Lodge! / 1995 - Wilderness Lodge / 1981 - 1st trip to WDW!
mousejunkie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
BecksHH
Mouseketeer

Awww thanks so much for the reply, I'm happy she will be able to ride so many things! I was thinking about a character meal, if she is ok with them in the park! lol

Gosh, I wish we lived so close to WDW.....

Old 11-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Not sure if you know but under 3s eat free in all buffet restaurants - in others she can share your food or you will have to buy her a childrens meal.

Also when you say you have booked half board do you mean the vouchers? If so you dont have to use them in the hotel restaurant where you are staying but you will probably be best booking somewhere as it may be busy - especially if the parks are closed everyone will be going to eat.
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL; Dec 13 - DLP SL, Dec 14 - DLP DLH

A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
BecksHH
Mouseketeer

Hi, yes I have read about under 3's, I read also that babyfood is available, but she does realy well the her chewing, lol
Yes vouchers, I was thinking of booking in park for the sunday, then poss 1 night in hotel & 1 at festival Disney ( so wanted to type Downtown Disney!)

thanks so much!

Old 11-10-2010, 05:13 AM   #6
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

I'm pretty sure Casey Jnr & the storybook ride are closed for the winter. They have been in past years

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
BecksHH
Mouseketeer

Any more advice for a first time vist? & first time with baby?? Getting very excited now!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #8
loladelorean
The Disney Pro!!!

Wow you must be so excited
Have you booked your meals yet? Our favourite restaurant on our recent visit was Walts, would recommend it if its open during your stay.
In the Village we loved the Steakhouse as a slightly more upmarket choice, and Annettes for more casual dining. You can't beat Cafe Mickey for the character experience!
Tips for a first timer, probably just the same old stuff, stop to take everything in! Details on buildings in Fantasyland, exploring the pathways and caves in Adventureland...the rides are amazing but DLP is made truly special by the whole atmosphere it creates.
*sniff sniff* sorry just writing my own trip report and wishing so much I was still there! You will have a ball, enjoy it
Old 11-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
BecksHH
Mouseketeer

Aww thanks, hoping to book a couple of meals twm....I'm soo looking forward to the Disney atmosphere, I think I love that bit best! This time 2 years ago we were at WDW & with ThanksGiving & all the decs up, it was soo beautiful, so hoping Paris lives up to my memories :D

Old 11-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #10
BecksHH
Mouseketeer

Well I have managed to get a proper snow suit for my DD, so I can rest easy that she wont freeze!

Does anyone know when the EMH hours are? I can only find the basic info of, 2 hours every day, not which park or which hours??

thanks

Old 11-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #11
loladelorean
The Disney Pro!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecksHH View Post
Well I have managed to get a proper snow suit for my DD, so I can rest easy that she wont freeze!

Does anyone know when the EMH hours are? I can only find the basic info of, 2 hours every day, not which park or which hours??

thanks
EMH is pretty much always from 8am-10am, in the Disneyland Park only Monday-Friday and in both parks Saturday and Sunday. In the main park, the rides usually open are: Carousel, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Teacups, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Orbitron. If one of these is shut for any reason they will usually replace it with an alternative. Only Fantasyland, Discoveryland and Main St are open to walk around during EMH. Hope that helps.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #12
BecksHH
Mouseketeer

Ahhhh I see! There goes our lie in! Baby is normally awake by 7am anyway, I just didn't want crazy rushing in the mornings, lol Is it fairly busy at this time of year??

Old 11-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #13
loladelorean
The Disney Pro!!!

As you're there midweek it shouldn't be too busy at all! You may not feel the need to do EMH every day. It should be just as quiet or nearly as quiet as the start of our trip a couple of weeks ago, where everything was a walk on, fingers crossed for you anyway
EMH is great though, I'd recommend you do it at least once - it can feel like you have the park to yourself.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #14
BecksHH
Mouseketeer

Yes, we found that at WDW, the extra early mornings r soo worth it! One night of our last trip MK was open till 2am, it was soooooo quiet! We wanderes around Fantasyland & it was weird! lol

Old 11-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #15
loladelorean
The Disney Pro!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecksHH View Post
Yes, we found that at WDW, the extra early mornings r soo worth it! One night of our last trip MK was open till 2am, it was soooooo quiet! We wanderes around Fantasyland & it was weird! lol
Oh wow that sounds amazing I will always love DLP but I am dreaming of going to WDW in the next few years. I went twice when I was a kid (age 12 then age 15) with my family, and loved it, but I think now as an adult and as a Disney fanatic (yes, I love Disney even more now than I did when I was 12...) I would appreciate it in a different way.
My BF who I live with is a *whispers* Disney-hater, but after 4 years have persuaded him to do a 2 night DLP trip in June next year! Once he falls in love with it the WDW planning can start!
Anyway I digress a bit but your description of MK EMH sent me off in a wee dwam there

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: