DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2011, 07:47 AM   #121
ChiSoxKeith
DIS Veteran

Heads up Aulani owners!

If you are an Aulani founding member, you can now start work on your tile.

According to my guide, a letter will be arriving in the mail within the next two weeks giving us directions....however, DVCNews.com sent a note out yesterday that the website is live.

Yahoo!
You would think the 60+ minutes I put into running the weekly photo contests would allow me to put a link in my signature letting people know about the Disney related iPhone projects I work on. You would be wrong.
ChiSoxKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #122
adminjedi
I use my powers for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxKeith View Post
Heads up Aulani owners!

If you are an Aulani founding member, you can now start work on your tile.
Yahoo!
Just created our tile!

DVC MEMBER SINCE 2006
adminjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #123
ChiSoxKeith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adminjedi View Post
Just created our tile!
Awesome!!! DW, DD4, and I are going to work on that this week.
You would think the 60+ minutes I put into running the weekly photo contests would allow me to put a link in my signature letting people know about the Disney related iPhone projects I work on. You would be wrong.
ChiSoxKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #124
2disneydads
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Wow, we are founding members, so we are going to get to work on our tiles. Funny, I just spoke to our guide the other day (I was trying to get some information about the VIP/Rewards program people seem to think is coming), and he did not mention it. He might have forgotten that we bought enough Aulani points to be founding members. We'll be looking for our letter.

Actually - we just did it! I went to the website and made the tile. It was easy and fun - and our preferred name fit! We'll be looking forward to seeing our tile.

Last edited by 2disneydads; 04-22-2011 at 09:28 PM.
2disneydads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #125
DisFanInCO
Mouseketeer

Hi Aulani owners! We decided to add on at Aulani last week on our MR cruise. Probably won't be able to visit until 2013, but I can't wait!

You can also find me on twitter @disfaninco or at http://www.disfaninco.com
DisFanInCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #126
SoCalDCLfan
Mouseketeer

For those of you who have done your tile already, could I ask what you put on it? I see that there are two lines. Is it family name, then city where you live? or did you put something else? Silly question, I know. I just couldn't hit the submit button until I asked.

thanks!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:16 AM   #127
SoCalDCLfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFanInCO View Post
Hi Aulani owners! We decided to add on at Aulani last week on our MR cruise. Probably won't be able to visit until 2013, but I can't wait!
Congrats and Aloha! 2013 will be here before you know it! Hope you had a great cruise!! We'll be on the Wonder in July - can't wait!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #128
2disneydads
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDCLfan View Post
For those of you who have done your tile already, could I ask what you put on it? I see that there are two lines. Is it family name, then city where you live? or did you put something else? Silly question, I know. I just couldn't hit the submit button until I asked.

thanks!
We use two names as our unofficial family name - my last name and my partner's last name, so we put "The [First Last Name]'" on the first line and "[Second Last Name] Family" on the second line. We were happy to be able to fit that. We're from two places, so no need to identify them!

Old 04-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #129
2disneydads
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
It looks as though our first trip will be August 2013 - we had hoped to make it for August 2012, but my partner wants to wait so that we can celebrate his 50th birthday in HI, maybe with some of his family from the Philippines.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #130
DisFanInCO
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDCLfan View Post
Congrats and Aloha! 2013 will be here before you know it! Hope you had a great cruise!! We'll be on the Wonder in July - can't wait!
Thank you! The Wonder was fabulous, you'll have a great time! We miss her and her wonderful crew already

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2disneydads View Post
It looks as though our first trip will be August 2013 - we had hoped to make it for August 2012, but my partner wants to wait so that we can celebrate his 50th birthday in HI, maybe with some of his family from the Philippines.
That sounds like a fun trip! Our 15th anniversary is in 2013, so we'll be celebrating when we go as well We have a cruise to Alaska planned for 2012, so at least I have something else to keep me occupied so I don't go crazy waiting

Old 04-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #131
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Congrats, Aloha and Welcome Home!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #132
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Congrats! Could I ask what the current add-on incentives are on the DCL cruises right now? I've heard they're usually pretty good but that they change pretty regularly. We're going on one of the Med cruises in August and an add-on at Aulani has been lurking in the back of my mind (IF the incentives were right). We want to go in August 2012 so if we bought this August we'd have that booking advantage that nobody knows yet if we'll need or not. But we wouldn't want a whole lot of points bcuz we just can't go there all that often...but so just curious. We'd probably only be looking for about 50 points as we just use studios plus we island hop so probably wouldn't spend more than 4 or 5 days there. Is there any incentive on DCL for smaller add-ons or only larger ones?! I'm guessing that there's a large minimum requirement to get a tile?!

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #133
DisFanInCO
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
Congrats! Could I ask what the current add-on incentives are on the DCL cruises right now? I've heard they're usually pretty good but that they change pretty regularly.
Thank you, we're excited! We added-on 160 points, so it was $16 off per point (with the current non-discounted price being $120) plus we got a $500 shipboard credit and they gave us 18 fastpasses to use at either DL or WDW. For the founding member tile you have to buy at least 160 points.

They do offer other incentives for lower point amounts:
50+ points = $4 per point credit
100+ points = $12 per point credit

no shipboard credit for either of those, but I think the 18 fastpasses was for ANYONE who added on.

They did hint that the Aulani price would most likely be going up "soon", but they didn't give a specific date. From what we've seen/heard, cruise incentives are typically the best, both for adding-on and totally new purchases.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #134
2disneydads
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Thank you! The Wonder was fabulous, you'll have a great time! We miss her and her wonderful crew already

That sounds like a fun trip! Our 15th anniversary is in 2013, so we'll be celebrating when we go as well We have a cruise to Alaska planned for 2012, so at least I have something else to keep me occupied so I don't go crazy waiting
That's funny . . . we have an Alaskan cruise booked for August 2012 . . . on HAL's Zuiderdam . . . better itinerary and less money than the Wonder!

Old 04-23-2011, 04:55 PM   #135
DisFanInCO
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2disneydads View Post
That's funny . . . we have an Alaskan cruise booked for August 2012 . . . on HAL's Zuiderdam . . . better itinerary and less money than the Wonder!
Very cool! We looked at that but we were able to rebook while onboard the Wonder last week for the same price as what we would have paid for the same room type on HAL, so decided to go with Disney again. My kids love the club on the Disney ships so much, that I'm not sure we'll be able to cruise another line for awhile!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: