DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #106
Aurora1959
The glorious day when they go back to school
I've never gotten it in different doses
now if I could just get some of those chocolates

We just bought Aulani points to add to our Saratoga points. So excited and haven't picked a time to go yet.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #107
ChiSoxKeith
DIS Veteran

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!!
You would think the 60+ minutes I put into running the weekly photo contests would allow me to put a link in my signature letting people know about the Disney related iPhone projects I work on. You would be wrong.
ChiSoxKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #108
TreesyB
DIS Veteran

I didn't buy, but just booked to go in November! For my 40th birthday. Never know, I could be buying myself a birthday present... hmmmm
BCV - 2011 New Years
OKW/SSR-2010 New YearsBoardwalk Villas 2009 just one night
SSR-2008 Xmas BCV -2008 - F&W
BCV/SSR -2008 - NYE! BCV -2007 - so amazing!
SSR-2007 x3 - so awesome! Contemporary Resort -2006
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2003
TreesyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #109
Hixski51
Earning My Ears

Aulani owner checking in. We are going Sept. 7-10th with another couple and was able to book 2 IV studios at the 7th month mark. I own 50 pts but needed 2 rooms. I got the first room at 11th month mark and was able to get the 2nd room at the 7th month mark. We are going on a 7 nite Norwegian cruise around the islands from the 11th-17th.

We bought the 50pt add on so we could use it in the future every 3rd yr there and have 150 pts and be able to book at the 11 month mark. We had been wanting to add on 50 pts so where better than Aulani Can't wait to hear about Disney cruise possibly going there.
Hixski51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #110
ChiSoxKeith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixski51 View Post
Aulani owner checking in. We are going Sept. 7-10th with another couple and was able to book 2 IV studios at the 7th month mark. I own 50 pts but needed 2 rooms. I got the first room at 11th month mark and was able to get the 2nd room at the 7th month mark. We are going on a 7 nite Norwegian cruise around the islands from the 11th-17th.

We bought the 50pt add on so we could use it in the future every 3rd yr there and have 150 pts and be able to book at the 11 month mark. We had been wanting to add on 50 pts so where better than Aulani Can't wait to hear about Disney cruise possibly going there.
Sounds like a blast! Congrats on getting the pair of rooms and the cruise sounds like a lot of fun!
You would think the 60+ minutes I put into running the weekly photo contests would allow me to put a link in my signature letting people know about the Disney related iPhone projects I work on. You would be wrong.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #111
Hixski51
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxKeith View Post
Sounds like a blast! Congrats on getting the pair of rooms and the cruise sounds like a lot of fun!
Thanks!! We can't wait.
Hixski51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #112
CO_Mickey
Earning My Ears

Not an Aulani owner but owner at Saratoga...just booked 4 nights in an Ocean View studio for Nov. 8. Super excited to check it out!
Old 04-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #113
TreesyB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Mickey View Post
Not an Aulani owner but owner at Saratoga...just booked 4 nights in an Ocean View studio for Nov. 8. Super excited to check it out!
We'll be there around the same time. But I opted for the Pool/Garden view. I'm very excited!
BCV - 2011 New Years
OKW/SSR-2010 New YearsBoardwalk Villas 2009 just one night
SSR-2008 Xmas BCV -2008 - F&W
BCV/SSR -2008 - NYE! BCV -2007 - so amazing!
SSR-2007 x3 - so awesome! Contemporary Resort -2006
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2003
TreesyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #114
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Following along as well. I was wondering what the going rate is now for points & what the incentives are now (if any)?! We reallllly aren't in a position to add-on right now BUT we'll be taking a DCL Med cruise in August and I've heard that they sometimes have better incentives on the ships to add-on. We are hoping to go to Aulani in August of 2012 but it's too soon to know yet what the 7 month availability will be like for summer months. We try to go to Hawaii every 5 years so we're actually "DUE" this summer. We decided to postpone it a year once they announced that Aulani wouldn't be done until late summer / fall of this year. (DS's school starts the last week of August every year so we flipped Hawaii for cruise.) We usually only use studios and since Oahu is our least fav. island we'd only stay there 4-5 nights. I was thinking that 50 points would probably serve us pretty well if the price is right. Then I wouldn't have to worry about the 7 month window thing for next summer...

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #115
ChiSoxKeith
DIS Veteran

There is a story up over at dvcnews.com. The lazy river was full of water and the water park part was coming along nicely. 9/14 can't come here soon enough.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #116
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxKeith View Post
There is a story up over at dvcnews.com. The lazy river was full of water and the water park part was coming along nicely. 9/14 can't come here soon enough.
We don't own here, hoping go to summer of 2012. However I love reading about Aulani and completely excited about it opening. There was some good stuff on the Disney Blog page as well. If you type Aulani in the Search you will get a couple of good articles and a fun time elasped video of the contruction so far.

Can't hear everyone's experiences once it finally opens.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #117
justkeepswimmin
DIS Veteran

Congratulations to all the Aulani owners. Your new home looks beautiful!!

We are currently trying to get a 1 bedroom for the last week of sept or first week of October but waited too long past the 7 month availability opening to call for a room and they are booked up. Still playing around with our dates and will keep calling but I am not surprised, the resort looks lovely and we will definitely get there in 2012 sometime if we can't make these fall dates work out.

Looking forward to those first trip reports and wishing all of you with trips booked a great stay.

Family DL TRIPS: 10/03 DLH,, 11/03,, 4/05, 7/05,, 8/05 DLH,, 11/05 DLH, 1/06, 2/07 BWPPI,, 9/07 DLH Concierge,, 12/07 Hojos,6/08 DLH, 9/08 GCH, 9/09 1st stay @VGC, 12/09 VGC, 5/10 VGC/Hojos, 9/10 DLH/ VGC, 9/10 Makenna's Bday @PP, 7/11 4th of July/ RI Maingate, 11/11 Sophia Bday, 1/12 Tink 1/2 Marathon/ VGC, 6/12 Molly's Bday @DLH, 12/12 Christmas Trip @ VGC
WDW TRIPS
: Pop Century 9/23/06-10/2/06, Ft Wilderness Cabins 3/16/09-3/23/09 AULANI TRIP/ 1st Trip to HAWAII!!--9/24/11-10/2/11
justkeepswimmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #118
Aurora1959
The glorious day when they go back to school
I've never gotten it in different doses
now if I could just get some of those chocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
Following along as well. I was wondering what the going rate is now for points & what the incentives are now (if any)?! We reallllly aren't in a position to add-on right now BUT we'll be taking a DCL Med cruise in August and I've heard that they sometimes have better incentives on the ships to add-on. We are hoping to go to Aulani in August of 2012 but it's too soon to know yet what the 7 month availability will be like for summer months. We try to go to Hawaii every 5 years so we're actually "DUE" this summer. We decided to postpone it a year once they announced that Aulani wouldn't be done until late summer / fall of this year. (DS's school starts the last week of August every year so we flipped Hawaii for cruise.) We usually only use studios and since Oahu is our least fav. island we'd only stay there 4-5 nights. I was thinking that 50 points would probably serve us pretty well if the price is right. Then I wouldn't have to worry about the 7 month window thing for next summer...
We added on our Aulani points on the cruise. They paid all the closing costs, gave a huge credit and other stuff. I'd have to dig out the paperwork but I think it was around $100 a point. It depended on how many points you bought. I think if you were to only buy 50 it would be in the highest $/point range.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #119
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora1959 View Post
We added on our Aulani points on the cruise. They paid all the closing costs, gave a huge credit and other stuff. I'd have to dig out the paperwork but I think it was around $100 a point. It depended on how many points you bought. I think if you were to only buy 50 it would be in the highest $/point range.
Thanks. I guess $100 is pretty cheap for Aulani? Nobody has said yet what it's going for "normally" now and the price is not on the DVC website. That's so much more than what we paid for our SSR points...hard to swallow in a way...esp. if the price is even higher for only 50 pts. When you say you got a huge credit - do you mean an OBC on the cruise or something else?

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #120
ChiSoxKeith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
Thanks. I guess $100 is pretty cheap for Aulani? Nobody has said yet what it's going for "normally" now and the price is not on the DVC website. That's so much more than what we paid for our SSR points...hard to swallow in a way...esp. if the price is even higher for only 50 pts. When you say you got a huge credit - do you mean an OBC on the cruise or something else?
Face value is $120 per point. I think we paid $108 per point for our 165 point add on when they opened up sales last July.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: