DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #76
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfyjny View Post
We just bought 160 points while we were on our Disney Cruise last week. It was a last minute decision, decided while waiting for the farewell show. We are really looking forward to planning a visit to Aulani in 2012.
Congrats! What was the offer on the cruise, if you don't mind saying. I've read that the incentives on the cruise are generally better than "regular" incentives at WDW or DLR.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #77
ChiSoxKeith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just bought 160 points while we were on our Disney Cruise last week. It was a last minute decision, decided while waiting for the farewell show. We are really looking forward to planning a visit to Aulani in 2012.
Congratulations!!! Welcome home neighbor.
You would think the 60+ minutes I put into running the weekly photo contests would allow me to put a link in my signature letting people know about the Disney related iPhone projects I work on. You would be wrong.
ChiSoxKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #78
carole88
New Yorker at Heart

Aloha all! Just found this thread today! Can't wait to stay next year. We bought 320 points last October. Hope to visit July of 2012. Looking forward to more news and pictures.

Dream - July 19, 2011 (Bahamas), Magic - July 13, 2008 (Mexican Riviera) , June 24, 2006 (Western Double Dip), March 5, 2005 (Eastern), October 25, 2003 (Western)
Multiple Disneyland trips - 2007 to Present, Bay Lake Towers July 2012, July 2011 & August 2009, Port Orleans - May 2001, Offsite WDW - April 1997 --- DVC Member since Dec. 2008
carole88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #79
gfyjny
Mouseketeer

Thank you lilpooh108 and ChiSoxKeith!
They had tons of member gifts during the cruise, like lanyards, baseball caps, bags, organizers, pins and etc. The current pricing for Aulani is at $120 pp, they offered $14 pp discount if you buy 100 or more. They throw in $500 shipboard credit if you buy 160 or more. They covered the closing cost since we are current members. We also got 30 fastpasses for our next visit to either Disneyland Parks or WDW and founding member tile with our family name. I guess very similar to friends and family deal that's going on now. Only difference is $500 giftcard instead of $500 shipboard credit.
We are planning our visit to Aulani in 2012 as well, after the second phase is completed, to make sure all the amenities are up and running.
gfyjny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 AM   #80
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Quote:
Thank you lilpooh108 and ChiSoxKeith!
They had tons of member gifts during the cruise, like lanyards, baseball caps, bags, organizers, pins and etc. The current pricing for Aulani is at $120 pp, they offered $14 pp discount if you buy 100 or more. They throw in $500 shipboard credit if you buy 160 or more. They covered the closing cost since we are current members. We also got 30 fastpasses for our next visit to either Disneyland Parks or WDW and founding member tile with our family name. I guess very similar to friends and family deal that's going on now. Only difference is $500 giftcard instead of $500 shipboard credit.
We are planning our visit to Aulani in 2012 as well, after the second phase is completed, to make sure all the amenities are up and running.
On our cruise they were offering the $500 visa giftcard and offering it for 100 point add-ons. Also, only 18 fast-passes. The rest was the same, I think.

This was on the magic Jan29-Feb 5. Crazy how quickly they change offers.
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #81
gfyjny
Mouseketeer

I guess they changes offers for different cruises. I was pretty happy about the shipboard credit because we got it immediately after signing. So the final bill the next day reflected the discount. After researching once we got home, I've seen other people who have gotten the Aulani point for as low as $102. I wonder what's the lowest people have paid for Aulani points. In anyways we would enjoy our stays there for many years to come.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #82
Stinkerbell317
LOSTaholic

Just returned home from Ko'Olina today where we stayed right nextdoor to the Aulani sight at the Marriott Beach Club. It looks like it will be an amazing property. The Marriott was quite beautiful as well. We were supposed to get a hard-hat tour of the site, but weren't able to fit it into our schedule due to some unforseen medical issues and ended up wasting most of an entire day of our vacation. But regardless, we were so excited to see it first- hand! And, just so happened that the Black Pearl was docked just in back of the Marriott, so that was pretty neat. We are looking to book Aulani for Spring Break 2012. I can try to answer any questions about the location if you have any.
Stinkerbell317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:44 AM   #83
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Quote:
I guess they changes offers for different cruises. I was pretty happy about the shipboard credit because we got it immediately after signing. So the final bill the next day reflected the discount. After researching once we got home, I've seen other people who have gotten the Aulani point for as low as $102. I wonder what's the lowest people have paid for Aulani points. In anyways we would enjoy our stays there for many years to come.
$102 is what we paid. We signed up with the $114 per point les $12 incentive.

However, on this last cruise with the $500 gift card it would have worked out to slightly less. Like a dollar or two... nothing huge.

We went to a presentation on Aulani at the Contemporary some time ago and I think I remember that was the best deal. I forget what it was... but I remember there were no 2012 dues. We should've bought then - darn!
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #84
gfyjny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
$102 is what we paid. We signed up with the $114 per point les $12 incentive.

However, on this last cruise with the $500 gift card it would have worked out to slightly less. Like a dollar or two... nothing huge.

We went to a presentation on Aulani at the Contemporary some time ago and I think I remember that was the best deal. I forget what it was... but I remember there were no 2012 dues. We should've bought then - darn!
I guess difference of a few dollars isn't bad if you think of 50+ years of wonderful family vacation in paradise.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #85
Podgieree
Earning My Ears

We booked yesterday for a 10 night stay starting 9/28 (one-bedroom). I realize that everything may not be ready, but we are excited to spend time together in Hawaii. Now I have 7 months to get into shape!

Podgieree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #86
wink13
Just a bit Goofy

Not an Aulani owner but just booked our stay at the 7 month window. Oct 12-17 1 BR Ocean View!!!

Can't wait.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #87
curiouslittleoyster
Mouseketeer

We just added on 100 points at Aulani today! We aren't planning on going until late in 2012, though, sometime in December. I'm trying to convince DH to go this fall if we can borrow next year's points and use some of our VGC points.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #88
ChiSoxKeith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouslittleoyster View Post
We just added on 100 points at Aulani today! We aren't planning on going until late in 2012, though, sometime in December. I'm trying to convince DH to go this fall if we can borrow next year's points and use some of our VGC points.
Congrats and welcome home neighbor!
You would think the 60+ minutes I put into running the weekly photo contests would allow me to put a link in my signature letting people know about the Disney related iPhone projects I work on. You would be wrong.
ChiSoxKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #89
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Hi,

Just found this thread! We bought into Aulani on the Baltic Cruise. We pd $102pp. We plan on giving one week in July 2012 to our DS for his honeymoon and we also plan on spending a week there when they return. We bought 160 pts, got a founding tile, and plan on going every few years.
Aloha!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #90
curiouslittleoyster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxKeith View Post
Congrats and welcome home neighbor!
Mahalo!

Congrats to all the other new owners! I'm looking forward to reading trip reports from all the lucky people staying there this fall.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: