DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2010, 03:38 AM   #31
rparmfamily
In paradise

Subbing! We are DVC owners (BLT and SSR) and have fingers crossed to get in at some point at the 7 mo mark. We can stay whenever...we are already onisland as well! ALOHA!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #32
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

We were recently at VGC, and not only saw the pictures advertising Aulani in the airport, and the resort's elevators - but now the DVC vans transporting guests to the on-site preview center are wrapped in Aulani artwork as well. Never had my camera out and ready when I saw them - but they looked pretty cool.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #33
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

DVCNews has a few nice, new pics up today.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #34
Debs Hill
DIS Veteran

We are planning for summer 2012...........but hoping to be able to get in at the 7 months window...not sure how realistic this is?!!
Debx
Debs Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #35
living20057
DIS Veteran

I'm an owner and can't wait to get there! Hopefully it will be April or July 2012

----------
2002 - Off site
2009 - All Star
2010 - BLT, AKV, DCL
2011 - Disneyland Paris, AKV
2012 - Hilton Head, Aulani, Wilderness Lodge, MNSSHP, Vero
2013 - Hilton Head, SSR, OKW, AKV
2014 - Grand Californian, Aulani, Boardwalk Villas
living20057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #36
eagle29
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Beautiful...

Wow, It looks amazing! Being from the east coast, an add-on (to my 230 BCV points), doesn't make sense right now. Howver, I hope to get the chance for a 4 or 5 night stay at some point at the 7 month mark. Does anyone know how sales are going? Prior to it being sold out, does it make sense that "developer inventory" will be an easier trade?

To all you Founding owners...CONGRATULATIONS!!
eagle29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #37
Rest&Relax
Ears at Rest

Fyi

When I called member services yesterday for December, MS saw I had Aulani points and ask when we were planning to stay. She told me to make sure to book exactly at 11 months. I did not ask any other questions of how it was selling or filling up. Just a FYI for people.
Rest&Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #38
bethy
I love Disneyland best at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rest&Relax View Post
When I called member services yesterday for December, MS saw I had Aulani points and ask when we were planning to stay. She told me to make sure to book exactly at 11 months. I did not ask any other questions of how it was selling or filling up. Just a FYI for people.
Thank you for this info. I'm one who is hoping to get in at 7 months for early December 2011. I'd like to try the resort before we consider buying into it.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #39
ChiSoxKeith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethy View Post
Thank you for this info. I'm one who is hoping to get in at 7 months for early December 2011. I'd like to try the resort before we consider buying into it.
The problem is there is from August 29th (Open) to December 29th 2011 - there are only 119 villas (there is a nice breakdown at DVCNews.com here: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/hawaii-...ts-and-figures

Once Phase 2 opens, the number of villas more than doubles to 257 villas, and then in 2013 the number goes way up when Phase III opens (404 extra villas come on line). So eventually booking at 7 months shouldn't be too much of a problem. (in my opinion).

We bought there because we didn't want to worry about that.
You would think the 60+ minutes I put into running the weekly photo contests would allow me to put a link in my signature letting people know about the Disney related iPhone projects I work on. You would be wrong.
ChiSoxKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #40
bethy
I love Disneyland best at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxKeith View Post
The problem is there is from August 29th (Open) to December 29th 2011 - there are only 119 villas (there is a nice breakdown at DVCNews.com here: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/hawaii-...ts-and-figures

Once Phase 2 opens, the number of villas more than doubles to 257 villas, and then in 2013 the number goes way up when Phase III opens (404 extra villas come on line). So eventually booking at 7 months shouldn't be too much of a problem. (in my opinion).

We bought there because we didn't want to worry about that.
Yes, I do recall that only one phase will be open - thanks for pinpointing the dates. I think what we'll do is have two back up plans - one would be to go after Christmas when the new phase is open or two would be to stay somewhere else in Hawaii. There are so many great resorts.

We've been to all the other islands mulitiple times but never to Oahu. I'm anxious to see what we think and also finally make a trip to Pearl Harbor.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #41
rparmfamily
In paradise

Honestly, I think it looks ahead of schedule...every time we go out there, something new is done. And it's happening FAST. I'm not knowledgeable about construction but it is really coming along!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:51 AM   #42
CaskPeg
Mouseketeer

DISboards Approved Advertiser

I have personally gone to that area of the Island and stayed for a couple of days in the past. It is gorgeous in its tropical essence and I know that DVC/and Disney will build a wonderful destination point for future visitors and owners. Enjoy your time in paradise Disney-style.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #43
LouisianaDisneyFan
DVC Owner, DIS Stockholder, & all-around fan!

Aulani owner checking in! Thanks stopher1 for starting this thread. We're planning on celebrating 30 years of marriage at Aulani, but have decided to wait until more phases open rather than going on our actual anniversary (in December 2011). Being more flexible will also allow us to get a better deal on plane tickets for the family since air travel at Christmas time is typically more expensive.

I can't wait to see the trip reports of those who are Aulani-bound this summer and fall! =)
Old 01-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #44
ChiSoxKeith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparmfamily View Post
Honestly, I think it looks ahead of schedule...every time we go out there, something new is done. And it's happening FAST. I'm not knowledgeable about construction but it is really coming along!
That's good to hear as we are planning on being there in September of 2011.
You would think the 60+ minutes I put into running the weekly photo contests would allow me to put a link in my signature letting people know about the Disney related iPhone projects I work on. You would be wrong.
ChiSoxKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #45
Spottedprincess
Stride with Pride

Aloha Everyone

We purchased Aulani points summer of last year and my DH purchased more as a surprise so we could spend 2 weeks a year in an ocean view. I just booked our first stay for Early December 2011. This is so exciting. We have tossed around the idea for a timeshare for several years and we came to the conclusion that if Disney builds one in Hawaii or French Polynesia we are in. Be careful what you wish for. About 8 months after we had that conversation there was buzz about Aulani. We couldn't be happier. Can't hardly wait to get there. Or at least see pictures of the finished resort to tide us over until our stay.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: