DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #196
TreesyB
DIS Veteran

You can start booking stuff? Cool!
BCV - 2011 New Years
OKW/SSR-2010 New YearsBoardwalk Villas 2009 just one night
SSR-2008 Xmas BCV -2008 - F&W
BCV/SSR -2008 - NYE! BCV -2007 - so amazing!
SSR-2007 x3 - so awesome! Contemporary Resort -2006
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2003
TreesyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #197
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreesyB View Post
You can start booking stuff? Cool!
Here is a link to Mousesavers.com, it has all descriptions and prices for all the excursions.

http://www.mousesavers.com/hawaii.html

We are planning on a June, 2012 trip. Will be checking back here to read all of the trip reports and first hand experiences once the resort opens!

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2011, 02:08 AM   #198
dizkrazkate
Mouseketeer

DH and I were in Hawaii two weeks ago and took the tour. We are AKV owners. The place was truly beautiful. We were allowed to take photos of the actual room, but not the grounds. Anyway, I have done a piece for my blog all about it, photos included. Feel free to check it out, link in my siggie.

1978-off site 1981- off site 1986 - Marriot World Center 1989-Magic Music Days off site 1991-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1993-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1998-Coronado Springs 2008-off site 2009-Kidani Village 2010-Saratoga Springs 2010-All Star Movies 2010-Kidani Village 2011-Disneyland 2011-BLT 2012-Kidani 2013-Villas at Wilderness Lodge 2014-Kidani Princess Half Marathon! 2014-Disney's Paradise Pier at Disneyland Feb 2015 - Kidani Village for Disney's Glass Slipper Challenge May 2015-Disneyland for Pixie Dust Challenge
dizkrazkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #199
canadianminniemouse
Earning My Ears

Aulani owner staying August 29-September 3. Can't wait! Any other Founding Members staying Opening Week?
canadianminniemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #200
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

Is there a thread somewhere that explains, easily, what in the world is going on with Aulani and how it affects the owners? We bought June 1, closed the 15th or so and have received no paperwork. Our guide just says "things take longer in HI" but I can't help but think it is related to the whole Jim Lewis/ dues mess.
AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #201
kjd469
Addicted to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMermaid View Post
Is there a thread somewhere that explains, easily, what in the world is going on with Aulani and how it affects the owners? We bought June 1, closed the 15th or so and have received no paperwork. Our guide just says "things take longer in HI" but I can't help but think it is related to the whole Jim Lewis/ dues mess.
Things DEFINITELY take longer in Hawaii....we bought on the Members Cruise last year, closed in October and have received nothing - I inquired a couple of months ago and was told everything is slower there, etc. etc. We finally show up on the Hawaii Bureau of Conveyances as having our deed officially recorded May 11, 2011, so hopefully we'll recieve our deed soon!
ABD Southwest Splendors July '09
ABD Sacred Valleys & Incan Cities Oct. '08
Inaugural Sailing of Disney Magic August '98
7 night Western Carib. Disney Magic October 2003
3 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2006
4 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2008
4 night DVC S.S. Member Cruise - Disney Wonder Sept. 2010
3 night Bahamas Disney Dream October 2011
7 night Eastern Carib. Disney Fantasy June 2012
www.whencanwego.blogspot.com
kjd469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #202
rparmfamily
In paradise

Things are in no rush here...we are on "Aloha time" LOL!!! You'll find people drive slower here too LOL.

Looking at the price for the Arizona Tour, they quote $63. I wonder what that includes, since it's free to actually go to. (unless it includes other paying attractions)

We are going Sept 2nd we are SSR/BLT members!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #203
adminjedi
I use my powers for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianminniemouse View Post
Aulani owner staying August 29-September 3. Can't wait! Any other Founding Members staying Opening Week?
We won't be going until December! So looking forward to it!

DVC MEMBER SINCE 2006
adminjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #204
disnanny
Mouseketeer

NCL cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteele View Post
My wife and I will be calling in October for a pool garden view studio in May. Wish us luck. We're considering a Norwegian inter-island cruise afterwards. We've never been to Hawaii, so we thought we should make the most of our visit. Anybody ever done the cruise or know anybody who has?
We will be staying at Aulani in Feb 12 for two weeks.

We did the Hawaii cruise with NCL a few years ago. It was our first ever cruise and we did enjoy seeing the different islands and the cruise was okay. After cruising with Disney it is hard not to compare but it is like comparing apples and oranges. The cabins are small on NCL, there is a charge for every beverage. We did not care for the "free style" cruising, there can be long lines for dinner and you get different wait staff each night. Would not cruise with them again after doing several Disney cruises.

I am hoping someone can answer my question, we purchased 200 pts at Aulani in January, would this not qualify us to be founding members. I called GS and they were not able to answer this, and directed me to the person we purchased from. We have left numerous messages for her but she is working on one of the ships right now.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #205
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Staying 18th and 19th January 2012 using points on our way back from WDW.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #206
adminjedi
I use my powers for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnanny View Post
I am hoping someone can answer my question, we purchased 200 pts at Aulani in January, would this not qualify us to be founding members. I called GS and they were not able to answer this, and directed me to the person we purchased from. We have left numerous messages for her but she is working on one of the ships right now.
There was a limit to how many points would be sold as founding member. If those were gone before you purchased, you will not be a founding member even though you purchased enough points. You should have received a document regarding founding member with your contract docs if it pertained to you.

DVC MEMBER SINCE 2006
Old 08-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #207
disnanny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adminjedi View Post
There was a limit to how many points would be sold as founding member. If those were gone before you purchased, you will not be a founding member even though you purchased enough points. You should have received a document regarding founding member with your contract docs if it pertained to you.
friends of ours purchased in May (5 months after us) and they have picked their tile. I would really hate to miss out on this opportunity. Our intention was to purchase more points and be able to leave them for our children and grandchildren. It would be so nice to have something perm at Aulani with our family name.

Anyone have suggestions what I should do....I really hope we are not to late to pursue this as others have bought after us and they have tiles
Old 08-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #208
adminjedi
I use my powers for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnanny View Post
Anyone have suggestions what I should do....I really hope we are not to late to pursue this as others have bought after us and they have tiles
Call MS again...call your guide and if they are unavailable ask for their manager. There is someone who can help you....don't stop asking!

DVC MEMBER SINCE 2006
Old 08-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #209
disnanny
Mouseketeer

Aulani tile

thanks, I will start calling and hopefully get some answers....we are looking so forward to our first visit in Feb 2012 and it would be so nice to know that we have a family tile as a permanent fixture at Aulani.

We did the Alaska cruise in May and were a tad disappointed with the DVC desk. We had every intention of adding even more points, but they seemed more interested in selling to new clients than looking after existing members, due to this we didn't buy.

It would be great to add on points each year for our family, we will try again when in Hawaii in February.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #210
dreamlinda
"dance to the music in your heart"

Waiting for a trip report, somebody ~ anybody, waiting, waiting......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: