DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #136
SoCalDCLfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2disneydads View Post
We use two names as our unofficial family name - my last name and my partner's last name, so we put "The [First Last Name]'" on the first line and "[Second Last Name] Family" on the second line. We were happy to be able to fit that. We're from two places, so no need to identify them!
Thank you!!! that helps
Old 04-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #137
SoCalDCLfan
Mouseketeer

We visited the Aulani models at Disneyland today. Absolutely beautiful! Can't wait for our first trip in July 2012.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #138
2disneydads
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFanInCO View Post
Very cool! We looked at that but we were able to rebook while onboard the Wonder last week for the same price as what we would have paid for the same room type on HAL, so decided to go with Disney again. My kids love the club on the Disney ships so much, that I'm not sure we'll be able to cruise another line for awhile!
My kids like DCL a lot, but we are doing a 5-night cruise with another family out of NYC in July (we're in NJ just across the Hudson, so no flying anywhere then). We've been on Carnival, RCI and NCL, and our kids have liked the children's programs on all of them. Camp HAL gets great reviews, especially during the summers and school holidays when HAL has more families sailing, so we are hoping for the best. I am especially intrigued by the cooking program that is part of Camp HAL. I did two Alaskan cruises with HAL in the 90s and really appreciated in-depth Alaskan and natural history programs, which our elder daughter especially will enjoy. Plus the chance to do Tracy Arm and Glacier Bay was too much to pass up. Sailing from Seattle was a big turn-off for us, because the sail from Seattle requires a lot more open ocean crusing and misses the most gorgeous scenery along the Inside Passage. Zuidy sails from Vancouver, which means that we get the Inside Passage, too.

2disneydads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:27 AM   #139
cdnsluvdisney
Disney Addict

We just booked our first stay at our Hawaiian "home" for Spring Break 2012- March 19-26!

Proud DVC Members of BoardWalk Villas (2006), and Aulani Resort (2011)
cdnsluvdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:58 AM   #140
rsschneck
DIS Party Bus Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDCLfan View Post
We visited the Aulani models at Disneyland today. Absolutely beautiful! Can't wait for our first trip in July 2012.
I leave for Disneyland in the morning (business) and I would love to go look at the models. How did you arrange the tour? Where are the models located? I won't have too much time during my trip but I will make time to go look at the models. Our first trip won't be until June 2012.

rsschneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #141
SoCalDCLfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsschneck View Post
I leave for Disneyland in the morning (business) and I would love to go look at the models. How did you arrange the tour? Where are the models located? I won't have too much time during my trip but I will make time to go look at the models. Our first trip won't be until June 2012.
They're right next to the Orange DVC building that's in between the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel. We didn't call ahead. We just asked the receptionist in the Orange Building if we could tour the models. After a few minutes, a very nice cast member greeted us and walked us to the models. Very quick and easy! Hope you get to see them!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #142
rsschneck
DIS Party Bus Queen

Quote:
They're right next to the Orange DVC building that's in between the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel. We didn't call ahead. We just asked the receptionist in the Orange Building if we could tour the models. After a few minutes, a very nice cast member greeted us and walked us to the models. Very quick and easy! Hope you get to see them!
Thank You! I found them without a problem! After seeing the models I am VERY excited to be an owner and will enjoy vacationing there for many year's to come!

rsschneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #143
SoCalDCLfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsschneck View Post
Thank You! I found them without a problem! After seeing the models I am VERY excited to be an owner and will enjoy vacationing there for many year's to come!
So glad it worked out for you! We felt exactly the same way. Somehow seeing the models made it all seem more real. Here's to many years to come of vacationing at Aulani
Old 04-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #144
Rest&Relax
Ears at Rest

Quote:
So glad it worked out for you! We felt exactly the same way. Somehow seeing the models made it all seem more real. Here's to many years to come of vacationing at Aulani
Was just returned from WDW on the 16th and the Aulani models there were not ready yet. They were putting the furniture in and hoping to have them open in the next couple of weeks so we missed out. We will be back in June so I will be excited to see the models then.

I agree "here's to many years to come of vacationing at Aulani".
Rest&Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #145
ChiSoxKeith
DIS Veteran

Finished our Pohaku tile last night as founding members.

Getting really jazzed for our first trip to our Hawaiian home. September can't get here fast enough.
You would think the 60+ minutes I put into running the weekly photo contests would allow me to put a link in my signature letting people know about the Disney related iPhone projects I work on. You would be wrong.
ChiSoxKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #146
Rest&Relax
Ears at Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxKeith View Post
Finished our Pohaku tile last night as founding members.

Getting really jazzed for our first trip to our Hawaiian home. September can't get here fast enough.

Still working on our Pohaku tile, just need to finalize our wording.

Definitely want trip report when you go. Still trying to finalize our plans for May 2012.
Rest&Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #147
adminjedi
I use my powers for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnsluvdisney View Post
We just booked our first stay at our Hawaiian "home" for Spring Break 2012- March 19-26!
Congratulations!

DVC MEMBER SINCE 2006
adminjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #148
CO_Mickey
Earning My Ears

We are in Los Angeles for a wedding and a quick trip to DL. We are also going to stop by the Aulani models and who knows... maybe add on?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #149
fdwang
Earning My Ears

Just added on with Aulani after touring the site and models in Hawaii. It's a beautiful resort, and we can't wait to stay there! Kinda regret not being a founding member, but it was hard to buy sight unseen.

-Franklin

fdwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #150
justkeepswimmin
DIS Veteran

Booked!

Can't wait to see your beautiful new resort! We could only get 4 nights in a 1 bdrm this fall so we are going to switch hotels for our last 3 nights but I finally went ahead and booked it as I found a deal on airfare that was too good to pass up.

I hope to take lots of pictures and post them when we get back. This will be my very first trip to Hawaii! I probably won't want to come home.

Family DL TRIPS: 10/03 DLH,, 11/03,, 4/05, 7/05,, 8/05 DLH,, 11/05 DLH, 1/06, 2/07 BWPPI,, 9/07 DLH Concierge,, 12/07 Hojos,6/08 DLH, 9/08 GCH, 9/09 1st stay @VGC, 12/09 VGC, 5/10 VGC/Hojos, 9/10 DLH/ VGC, 9/10 Makenna's Bday @PP, 7/11 4th of July/ RI Maingate, 11/11 Sophia Bday, 1/12 Tink 1/2 Marathon/ VGC, 6/12 Molly's Bday @DLH, 12/12 Christmas Trip @ VGC
WDW TRIPS
: Pop Century 9/23/06-10/2/06, Ft Wilderness Cabins 3/16/09-3/23/09 AULANI TRIP/ 1st Trip to HAWAII!!--9/24/11-10/2/11
justkeepswimmin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: