DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2014, 07:52 PM   #1
abarnes64
Mouseketeer

New members must have list for Owners locker

Hi all we are new members in the DVC club and very excited! Our first trip as DVCers is September 26 we will be doing a split stay between AKL and OKW. Mom, dad and 2 under 4 yrs.

My list for new OL:
Sunscreen
Shaving cream and razors
Shampoo
Soap
Nighttime diapers
Toothpaste
Beachtowels
Laundry detergent pods
Fabric softener
Hair gel hairspray
Keurig and k cups

What else??? I feel like I am forgetting many things.! TIA
abarnes64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
Sur
Love the Dis

Second Owners Locker! Just got another and yes, it's already full!
Umbrella
Collapsible food storage containers
Disney specific clothing
Little deodorant to carry to parks/pools...your bus neighbors will thank you
Sweetener for your coffee
Real plates, bowls, silverware....save the paper and plastic for quick meals
Accordion dish drainer available from IKEA... Fits right over the sink, is strong, and packs down small- LOVE it!
Robe to go out on the balcony presentable and enjoy your coffee
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

You're missing SO much! (Now how much of that you really need is debatable!)

We've had a few threads in the past where many people listed their whole inventories - I know I've posted mine a few times in the past. Try a search on Owner's Locker and maybe add inventory - you shouldn't get that many returns.

One item I don't think is mentioned yet -pop up hamper.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

We keep night-lites. Great for the bathrooms and common areas. Suction cup hooks are great for hanging swimsuits and wet washcloths in the bathroom; Home Depot, Lowe or Menard's should have them. We have a Brita filter pitcher -- and extra filters. Speaking of filters, we keep a Mr. Coffee Gold filter for the coffee maker; used to keep the paper filters in our OL.

Band-aids, Benadryl, Tylenol, Rolaids. Dryer sheets, chip clips, soft side cooler (purple OL), grooming kit with nail clippers, tin foil, sharp knifes, salt/pepper grinder, and good quality wine opener.

I am sure I am missing something, but these are our favorite things!

ETA: Forgot the Absolut, Woodford Reserve and Tanqueray!!!!
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:57 PM   #5
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidanifan08 View Post
We keep night-lites. Great for the bathrooms and common areas. Suction cup hooks are great for hanging swimsuits and wet washcloths in the bathroom; Home Depot, Lowe or Menard's should have them. We have a Brita filter pitcher -- and extra filters. Speaking of filters, we keep a Mr. Coffee Gold filter for the coffee maker; used to keep the paper filters in our OL.

Band-aids, Benadryl, Tylenol, Rolaids. Dryer sheets, chip clips, soft side cooler (purple OL), grooming kit with nail clippers, tin foil, sharp knifes, salt/pepper grinder, and good quality wine opener.

I am sure I am missing something, but these are our favorite things!

ETA: Forgot the Absolut, Woodford Reserve and Tanqueray!!!!
And Captain Morgan!

Off the top of my head in our OL WITH the Captain we also keep collapsible coolers (and a couple of "blue ice"), a large beach bag that we take to the water parks and a smaller one that we use for just hitting the resort pool, a couple of different size backpacks for the parks, ponchos, mini umbrellas, flip flops, a night lite, votive candles, a flashlight, sewing kit, packing tape, scissors, sharp knives and cutting board, extra plasticware & a pack of paper plates (we use studios), plastic containers for leftovers or microwaving, refillable Brita water bottles, slippers (for me at least), toiletries, shave mirror for the shower for DH, shaving cream, shower scrunchie, toothpaste ETC, sunscreens, a variety of OTC meds (I keep track of their exp. dates), band-aids, moleskin, spare batteries, spray fan bottles (hence the need for spare batteries), plastic cups & straws for the pool, beer can & bottle coozies, wine glass, extra sugar & sweetener and coffee filters. There is more stuff but that's just what I can think of right now….

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:20 AM   #6
abarnes64
Mouseketeer

Wow!!! Yes I did forget half or more of the list! Thankyou all for sharing!
abarnes64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #7
wdwfan1
DIS Veteran

Error--sorry

Have a wonderful vacation.

wdwfan1

I have been boo'd by wisbucky!
wdwfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:59 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

No sunscreen!

Sunscreen has an expiration date, and trust me, you don't want to use expired sunscreen. You think your skin is protected and it's not. Bring new sunscreen each time. Or at the very least look at the expiration date and only leave it if you KNOW you'll be back in time for it.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:07 PM   #9
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
No sunscreen!

Sunscreen has an expiration date, and trust me, you don't want to use expired sunscreen. You think your skin is protected and it's not. Bring new sunscreen each time. Or at the very least look at the expiration date and only leave it if you KNOW you'll be back in time for it.
Yes, they are dated. I left 3 or 4 in our OL last summer that are all dated for sometime in 2015. I keep track of those dates along with the OTC meds we leave.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #10
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

more stuff

Flip-flips. Alarm clock because it's easier than trying to figure out how to fix the time on some of them (and the time is frequently off). Tap light because how are you supposed to find the light switch in the dark? Multi-outlet surge supressor so that we can charge all of our stuff in one place, using only one outlet, and will be less likely to forget something.

Scissors, which somebody already mentioned, but that is one of the items I use the most.

Also a note pad and pens. I use those a lot.

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: