DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Aulani Owners Thread - ALOHA!

E komo mai!

That's "Welcome Home" in Hawaiian - so welcome to the AULANI OWNERS THREAD! - Aloha!
I could not find an established thread like this, just a bunch of different random threads about Aulani - points, opening dates, etc - so I figured I would take the plunge and start one. Here we can chat and discuss about our new island "home" - slated to open August 29, 2011. I'm pretty excited about it, even though my family won't be able to stay there until the summer of 2012 at the earliest, but that's okay... there will be years of memories to be made with hopefully lots of great trips to our little piece of Disney on the island of Oahu.

Since the resort isn't open yet, there simply aren't a lot of photos yet, but there are some good stories to be found out on the internet in other websites that follow Disney to give us updates on the construction progress, as well as some members on the ground in Hawaii who have posted tidbits here and there. We do also have concept art renderings and a view of the model. Then when it opens and our first members actually stay there - hopefully they will start posting real pics for us all to enjoy, along with reviews, updated information about the restaurants, entertainment offerings and of course the neighboring community. EDITED: NOW that it IS open - I'm looking forward to seeing lots of pictures and TR info as members and their guests start to enjoy this beautiful resort! Can't wait to stay there myself in 2012 or 13.

We know that there will be 460 villas, including 21 Grand Villas. On the other side of the resort will be 359 hotel rooms. There will be the wedding pavilion, the spa, fitness center, Aunty's Beach House children's play/care facility, as well as a couple of restaurants, room service, and the snorkeling lagoon. And of course O'ahu itself has a plethora of things to see and do. Looking back through past issues, I see that Aulani has been a featured highlight in at least three issues of Disney Files. Looking at Disney's official Aulani website, it seems to indicate that there will be concierge on staff to help in planning for events and excursions as well.

Here's some concept art, copyright Disney of course

a view of the model (that was on display at D23 last year and is, I believe, currently on display at Doorway to Dreams in Schaumburg, IL), the first view is of the resort from the ocean side

and then from the opposite side, showing the front, including the porte cachere and the conference center

and then also a closer view focusing specifically on the pool / water play area, with the volacanic caldera in the center with slides coming out from within. It looks awesome, and we can't wait to enjoy it.

Here are a few photos of the model room from the local sales center

All in all we have an exciting new resort on the horizon. It'll be fun to stay there, but at the same time, it will be fun to hear your thoughts, experiences and plans for the future at Aulani.

Aloha!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!

Last edited by stopher1; 09-24-2011 at 05:39 PM.
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!

Last edited by stopher1; 05-22-2012 at 09:38 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
stopher1

Here are some links to past Aulani based threads that you might want to check out again

Didn't Want Aulani Points until Today
DVC Hawaii Stickers
Visited Aulani Yesterday
Aulani & Transient Accomodations Tax
Question for Aulani Owners: What's Your Unit #
We Are Now Aulani Owners
Aulani Points Requirements
Just Bought Aulani
DVC Hawaii
Aulani...How Far is resort from Honolulu Airport?
Aulani Point Charts - Posted online by DVC

Here are a few links that are NOT Aulani related, but rather related to all of our sister resorts within the greater DVC family, just for fun, but also in case anyone has specific questions about another resort, all of the DVC resort threads are in one place here...

Animal Kingdom Lodge: ***Official AKV Owners and Lovers Thread***
Bay Lake Tower: ***Bay Lake Tower Owner's Thread***
Beach Club Villas: "STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners - and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME!
Boardwalk Villas: The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool, too!)
Grand Californian: The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0
Hilton Head: HHI Roll Call, Adoration & Information Thread 2010
Old Key West: OKW Lovers Thread !!!
Saratoga Springs: SSR Lovers & Owners Part 2
Vero Beach: Vero Beach Adoration 2010 Thread... We Need New 2011 Thread...Somebody?
Wilderness Lodge: VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: It All Started with a Moose!

Last edited by stopher1; 11-08-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
stopher1

Here are a couple of new images. One is an overall map of the resort

And the other information about driving to the resort from the airport

Last edited by stopher1; 11-08-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
stopher1

Reserved

Last edited by stopher1; 11-08-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Thanks, stopher1, for starting this thread! Although we aren't Aulani owners, we definitely want to visit in 2012.

Here is a link to some Aulani information I have posted on DVCNews about the Aulani room locations and views: http://dvcnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6530. It might be of some help when Members make room requests.

Also, here is another link to a thread that explains how Aulani owners can access their deed at the Hawaii Bureau of Conveyances website: http://dvcnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6874.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #7
Rest&Relax
Ears at Rest

Thanks for the new thread and links. Looking forward to visiting our new home in May 2012.
Rest&Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #8
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Here's a photo my DH took as we flew over the area back in 2007. Aulani will be at the green space at the top lagoon. We fell in love with the resort area and are happy to be owners at Aulani looking to make our first visit in October 2012 for our anniversary.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #9
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post

Here's a photo my DH took as we flew over the area back in 2007. Aulani will be at the green space at the top lagoon. We fell in love with the resort area and are happy to be owners at Aulani looking to make our first visit in October 2012 for our anniversary.
Thanks for the picture! It's great.

I've tried to see aerial shots with construction, but each time I've tried to see it on Google Earth I just get this kind of pre-construction image... but it is still nice to be able to see it even without construction. I can't wait to be able to see it all in person...

Old 11-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #10
WildernessMickey
Mouseketeer

Thanks for starting this thread. I am not an owner at Aulani but plan to stay there in November of 2011 if I can get in at the 7 month window. I own at the Marriott Beach Club on Lagoon 3 and have been going to Ko Olina for years. It is an awesome place! Disney knows how to pick the best locations! The pictures look fantastic.

WildernessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

Can i be a groupie?? Really looking forward to visiting one day.

me (Leigh Anne), DH (Bart), DS 12, DS10
Tinks "SS" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #12
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks "SS" View Post
Can i be a groupie?? Really looking forward to visiting one day.
Of course you can! Welcome!

Old 11-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #13
tbay
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Thank you so much for the awesome pictures going there in july and will be checking out the new resort hope to be able to stay there in the future
your pictures look great and very exciting
tbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #14
bethy
DIS Veteran

We have plenty of points already to meet our needs and so don't plan to buy at Aulani. But I'm still subscribing to this thread because we are hoping to visit in December 2011 - before Christmas. We have back-up plans in case we aren't able to secure a ressie at 7 months but we're hopeful just the same!
Old 11-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #15
sillykid
Earning My Ears

http://www.yesterland.com/

Hope this site shows up and doesn't get blocked. Scroll down to DVC way down and 11 part series that if you haven't seen is quite awesome.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: