DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #1366
Bug715
Earning My Ears

Thank you. This will be the first time I'm booking right at the 7 month window. Hopefully I'll have some luck.
Bug715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #1367
Longhairbear
DIS Veteran

We are looking at our airfare budget, and are leaning towards spending all of our points at Disneyland this year. WDW doesn't have anything new coming up within our vacation time frame, and Disneyland does.
I think we'll be spreading out our points for many weekend, and several long stays at the VGC, Paradise Pier,and the Disneyland Hotel when we can get them.
We are only 1 1/2 hours away by car, so with a cooler laden with groceries, we can possibly get a one bedroom for a long stay and be able to weather the long lines to the new attractions at DCA this fall.
I love to cook, so there is no limit to what we can bring along to whip up for dinners, lunches etc. and still be steps away from riding the new Trolley Cars, or Mater's Tow Yard. Eggs Benedict as breakfast for dinner with a nice wine, and then off to see World Of Color, or Fantazmic at Disneyland. After park cocktails at Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel poolside...ok, I made up my mind.
Longhairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #1368
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhairbear View Post
We are looking at our airfare budget, and are leaning towards spending all of our points at Disneyland this year. WDW doesn't have anything new coming up within our vacation time frame, and Disneyland does.
I think we'll be spreading out our points for many weekend, and several long stays at the VGC, Paradise Pier,and the Disneyland Hotel when we can get them.
We are only 1 1/2 hours away by car, so with a cooler laden with groceries, we can possibly get a one bedroom for a long stay and be able to weather the long lines to the new attractions at DCA this fall.
I love to cook, so there is no limit to what we can bring along to whip up for dinners, lunches etc. and still be steps away from riding the new Trolley Cars, or Mater's Tow Yard. Eggs Benedict as breakfast for dinner with a nice wine, and then off to see World Of Color, or Fantazmic at Disneyland. After park cocktails at Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel poolside...ok, I made up my mind.
Sounds like a wonderful plan to me!!! I've also been looking at airfare to Orlando. We have to go to Chicago in October so I figured why not just add on a flight to WDW .... additional cost will be less than $150 per person but if we didn't have that wedding we have to go to my points would be spent in DL this year too!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #1369
JimmyJam838
Mouseketeer

Travelzoo has a deal for the Mandara Spa voucher that you can purchase through Sunday 5/6/2012 for $99 at around 9PM PDT. The voucher is good for $200 worth of Spa Services through 10/26/2012.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #1370
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam838 View Post
Travelzoo has a deal for the Mandara Spa voucher that you can purchase through Sunday 5/6/2012 for $99 at around 9PM PDT. The voucher is good for $200 worth of Spa Services through 10/26/2012.
Thanks for the information
My wife took advantage of a similar TravelZoo coupon in February. That coupon was $99 for a $250 massage/facial. The current offer is more flexible, since the $200 can be applied to any service.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #1371
boscoj
Mouseketeer

How is the condition of the Mandara Spa.....I've read some recent reports saying that it was in less than pristine. Is this true?
boscoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #1372
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhairbear View Post
Can I come along? I can carry bags and cook as well Sounds like a lovely vacation time no matter how the lines are...
Old 05-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #1373
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselike-harrier View Post
I was told that I had to wait until 8 am to book at my 7 month window online. Can someone who is more knowledgeable tell us at what time can we start to book???
Most Florida DVC owners will Walk their Reservations at the 7 month window for the VGC. The ones I've spoken with say that is the only way to get the dates they want.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #1374
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Most Florida DVC owners will Walk their Reservations at the 7 month window for the VGC. The ones I've spoken with say that is the only way to get the dates they want.
I don't know the answer to the time to book online, but walking doesn't always work at 7 months. I was booking BWV and checked VGC for the week or so before I needed it, and wouldn't have been able to book what I wanted, it was already gone before the 7 month window opened. That said, my waitlist did come through in a couple of months.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #1375
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I don't know the answer to the time to book online, but walking doesn't always work at 7 months. I was booking BWV and checked VGC for the week or so before I needed it, and wouldn't have been able to book what I wanted, it was already gone before the 7 month window opened. That said, my waitlist did come through in a couple of months.
This just confirms that I need VGC points!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #1376
mouselike-harrier
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
This just confirms that I need VGC points!
Me too!! Just trying to picture hubby's reaction to that one......
Old 05-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #1377
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
Thanks for the information
My wife took advantage of a similar TravelZoo coupon in February. That coupon was $99 for a $250 massage/facial. The current offer is more flexible, since the $200 can be applied to any service.
I did this back in September when it was a saltglo and massage. I bought two and used the first one immediately. I had to get a refund for the second one becuase they were sold out on bookings a month in advance of the expiration date. I didn't realize after I bought one for me and a friend that it was so flexible. We're going to go ASAP and have to choose our treatments!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #1378
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscoj View Post
How is the condition of the Mandara Spa.....I've read some recent reports saying that it was in less than pristine. Is this true?
I have read some negative reports about the fitness center, which I have never visited.

My wife reports about Mandara: The massage was good and the staff was friendly. The features of the spa are "oversold" on the website, it is a small facility. It's not a huge spa, like the ones connected to hotels in Vegas and Hawaii. My wife recommended I buy a coupon for myself and she would us both if I opt out.

I just purchased 2 coupons.

DIS Unplugged Blog: Making the Most of Your Visit to a Disney Mandara Spa!

Last edited by Nonsuch; 05-02-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #1379
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Interesting. I have never walked a 7 month reservation because it is a lot of work with no definitive payoff. Wihtout walking, I have gotten every reservation I have wanted at GC with my BWV points, but have had to WL some. If it makes a difference, my longest stay has been 4 nights and all have been over a weekend.

The only walking I recommend is if your dates are flexible. Start by trying to book the earliest date that works for you. If you can later to change to another date, great, if not, you have a reservation that works. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #1380
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam838 View Post
Aww man! I was hoping they would do another one of these, but it expires about a month too soon for us! Darn.... hoping they do one for late November.

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: