DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #91
the donut
Mouseketeer

Just got back from a weekend birthday trip staying in the park view Grand Villa. As much as I was impressed by the other units we've stayed in, the grand villa still manages to kick it up a notch, from the giant flat screen tv with built in surround sound, to the pool table, to the tv in the master bathroom mirror (aka the talking mirror as my 4 year old called it). Amazing! I also felt that they added more details in the furnishing and decorations, like an arts and crafts style grandfather clock, and an antique looking wall hanging just to name a few.

FYI, the view of the World of Color show from the Grand Villa was great. I haven't seen it from the ground yet, but I think we got the full experience. We could clearly make out the images on the water screens and of course could hear the sound perfectly through the World of Color channel on the TV. At any rate, the ability to enjoy it inside with a cocktail in hand on a rainy Saturday night was worth any trade off of going down to the viewing area and standing in the cold for a couple of hours! I'm sure I'll get down there in better weather.

A few other random details:
1. As nunzia confirmed, there is no non-stick fry pan. The knives are also terrible.
2. The fridge has an ice maker (don't remember that from the other units)
3. The park view side is a handicapped accessible unit. The kitchen counters are lower and the master bath has an accessible shower.
4. Hotel guests are still getting the 9am entry for the first crack at World of Color fastpasses (not that we used them this weekend).
5. We used a sitting service to watch the kids when we went to Napa Rose for dinner. She came straight the the villa and charged $12/hour for 2 kids. If anyone's looking for a recommendation, feel free to PM me.
the donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #92
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the donut View Post
Just got back from a weekend birthday trip staying in the park view Grand Villa...
Please post some pictures, both the inside of the Grand Villa and the view.
My first Grand Villa trip will be in June, when Little Mermaid and Star Tours are open
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #93
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

This sounds so cool! I've already decided that for my 50th birthday I am going to book dinner at the Napa Rose in the private dining room, but I'm thinking it would be really cool to put my favorite family and friends in a Grand Villa, also because I would LOVE to stay in Grand Villa and living in Long Beach I certainly could not justify staying in one unless it was for something like my 50th!

However, by posting this I am actually publicly admitting that I am approaching that birthdate.... wait didn't I say that I'm approaching my 21st birthday and want to do it up big?
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:39 AM   #94
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
This sounds so cool! I've already decided that for my 50th birthday I am going to book dinner at the Napa Rose in the private dining room, but I'm thinking it would be really cool to put my favorite family and friends in a Grand Villa, also because I would LOVE to stay in Grand Villa and living in Long Beach I certainly could not justify staying in one unless it was for something like my 50th!

However, by posting this I am actually publicly admitting that I am approaching that birthdate.... wait didn't I say that I'm approaching my 21st birthday and want to do it up big?
Sounds wonderful to me!

Oh no, now you've made me realize I'm getting close to THAT birthday too! We're suppose to be going to Kauai the month before THAT birthday so I guess that will make it not so hard to swallow. Maybe we should stop in at Aulani for a few nights too!

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:25 AM   #95
CrazyDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
Please post some pictures, both the inside of the Grand Villa and the view.
My first Grand Villa trip will be in June, when Little Mermaid and Star Tours are open
Hey don't jinx it!
CrazyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #96
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Sounds wonderful to me!

Oh no, now you've made me realize I'm getting close to THAT birthday too! We're suppose to be going to Kauai the month before THAT birthday so I guess that will make it not so hard to swallow. Maybe we should stop in at Aulani for a few nights too!
I'm PAST that birthday, and you know, it's not so bad...
Old 11-23-2010, 07:26 AM   #97
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:

I like that plan! I've got a few years to plan for THAT birthday (I just had the one BEFORE that birthday in October... though I am now in my 5th decade because of the BEFORE birthday ) so hopefully DW and I can model something like that for my turn with THAT birthday when it's time.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #98
4Vals
Earning My Ears

Subscribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceRangers View Post
oops.. forgot to subscribe.
what do you mean by "Subscribe"?
4Vals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #99
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vals View Post
what do you mean by "Subscribe"?
When you "subscribe" to a thread, you then can choose to get updates via email when someone else adds to that thread, or you can choose not to get updates but you can then see all of your "subscribed" threads that have been updated in one place. So if you have a particular thread (like this one) that you want to be able to check on often without searching for it, you can simply hit your USER CP link above in the top left corner, and it will display all of your chosen threads. The ones with updates will then be in bold print, and the ones not updated recently will be in plain print. It's just a quick and easy way to identify and go back into a thread you want to pay attention to.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #100
4Vals
Earning My Ears

Stopher...THANK YOU. this will help so much.
4Vals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #101
stopher1

You're welcome!

Old 11-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #102
the donut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This sounds so cool! I've already decided that for my 50th birthday I am going to book dinner at the Napa Rose in the private dining room, but I'm thinking it would be really cool to put my favorite family and friends in a Grand Villa, also because I would LOVE to stay in Grand Villa and living in Long Beach I certainly could not justify staying in one unless it was for something like my 50th!?
We live fairly close by (though not as close as Long Beach), and it really was fantastic. I can't recommend it enough. We brought friends that were not that into disney, and everyone was very impressed by the villa and the resort in general, and of course, Napa Rose. It really is a different experience to stay onsite and relax, especially in poor weather.

This was my 40th birthday, and I thank all of you for making me feel like such a youngling. When I was checking in, I swear that just about half of the other guests at the counter were celebrating a birthday. They gave me 2 balloons for the kids and an autographed picture of Winnie the Pooh and the gang. Very cute!

I've scanned my pics, and unfortunately they don't look that great. I got lazy and only brought my point and shoot instead of the good camera. I'll poll my other guests for their pictures and post any decent ones that I have.
the donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #103
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
I like that plan! I've got a few years to plan for THAT birthday (I just had the one BEFORE that birthday in October... though I am now in my 5th decade because of the BEFORE birthday ) so hopefully DW and I can model something like that for my turn with THAT birthday when it's time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the donut View Post
This was my 40th birthday, and I thank all of you for making me feel like such a youngling. When I was checking in, I swear that just about half of the other guests at the counter were celebrating a birthday. They gave me 2 balloons for the kids and an autographed picture of Winnie the Pooh and the gang. Very cute!
We really did it up for my 40th about 40 guests on a Murder Mystery Paddle Boat Cruise, so I have to come up with something completely different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
I'm still right smack in the middle, but I like to have my plans laid well in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
I'm PAST that birthday, and you know, it's not so bad...
My DP passed that one more than several years back so I know it's not that bad, and it sure beats the alternative!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:57 AM   #104
VallCopen
VGC Lover

Just got back from 11 days at Disney with 8 of them in a 2 bedroom villa (originally had 6 but was able to add 2 in the last few weeks). Oh how I love our home..... Nothing better than arriving to the villas, finding out that we were blessed with a park view for the 3rd time in a row, and being greeted by everyone with "Welcome Home". We got my brother a studio for 2 nights and they were given a 2nd floor facing Redwood Creek Challenge and really didn't have much view of anything except the pool that was off to the side. We did peek at a 5th floor view studio facing the same direction and it had a pretty decent view of TT and Grizzly Run.

World of Color-
For anyone wanting to know we had room 5506 (park view) and we were able to make out a lot images from the world of color (unlike 4500 - which we have had twice). It is just awesome to watch from the deck, I personally could do that every night.

Noise-
The noise was a bit loud some mornings but it really depended on what they did that morning (we had a few mornings that they ran a hoe/hammer and that was loud) but other than that the other mornings were fine with little noise.

Room difference-
The only thing that wasn't as good to us was that this 2 bedroom unit does not have quite the picture window that 4500 had, there is a support beam that runs right down the middle of the window and it seemed to us that the 2nd bedroom was a tad narrower (1-2 feet) then our end unit was, but we still had an awesome time and loved our villa. Just wanted to note the minor differences we saw - for informational purposes.

We had an awesome dinner at Napa with some friends and surprised some other friends that were there celebrating a 40th birthday, with a Disney stone that had their families name on it, of course we also purchased one for ourselves right next to them.

Just a question for anyone that might know - When we leave our villas we always leave the leftover paper towel rolls (4-5), lysol can, tide detergent and bounce fabric sheets for the next guest but I don't know if they just throw it all away or if they maybe leave it for those that might want it??? We always throw the other things away but I have thought why not leave these - just incase. Does anyone know or has anyone found things left from previous guest in their Villa?
VallCopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #105
wbl2745
I've gone over to the Silly Symphony Swings to "spin dry."

I tried to open a new thread on a question I had about DVC and hotel units being included in the statement on VGC for the annual meeting. It got moved into the thread on annual dues. Another poster suggested that maybe it belonged here. Rather than duplicate threads, here's a link to that posting.

The gist of the question is why are their hotel units included in the VGC "Condominium", to use the official language?

DVC Member since February 24, 2010
wbl2745 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: