DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #961
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
I booked my studio at 11 months (well plus a few days becasused I walked the reservation), and we didn't get the park view studio we requested. We got the pool view and view of some naked fat guy across the pool yard!!
I'm sorry your request was not met, and really sorry about the naked fat guy

I know the hotel tries to honor requests, but only if the villa you want happens to be empty on your check-in day. The villas must be assigned a week or more in advance to ensure that lock-off pairs match
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #962
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Hoping I can get a studio for Sept 2012 at the 11 month window.
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #963
TLPL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
I'm sorry your request was not met, and really sorry about the naked fat guy

I know the hotel tries to honor requests, but only if the villa you want happens to be empty on your check-in day. The villas must be assigned a week or more in advance to ensure that lock-off pairs match
LOL I am sure I will get the DCA view soon or later.... we still have 49 years left in contract!!

-February: WDW/ DCL - Bay Lake Tower/ 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy/ Villas at Grand Floridian
-August: Vero Beach

-Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #964
Longhairbear
DIS Veteran

We just cancelled our annual WDW trip because we have gone over budget on travel expenses for business trips for our home business. We are lucky we live within driving distance to Disneyland, and now plan to use all of our points staying at VGC, or the hotels over the course of the next year.
We had planned an Aulani trip, but the airfare is unreasonable at this time for us. So, we are planning out 2-3 day trips to DLR over the coming months.
We haven't been to Little Mermaid, or Star Tours yet, or Paradise Gardens. If we can book a villa at VGC, or waitlist one, we'll be ready with a cooler filled with groceries for grilling, or cooking in room, at the last minute.
It's just so relaxing to just hang out at the parks, go on a few attractions, and go home to a villa and cook dinner. A glass of wine, or cocktail, and go back out to DTD, or the parks that stay open late. Wander around the shops, and then back to the villa to sleep in late, heaven.
Longhairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:24 AM   #965
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Views from 4504 (just got back and room was ready by 1:00..amazing..and pristine clean to boot)

And view from 4516 where we put our friends up..it's around the corner a bit:

Old 08-31-2011, 11:49 AM   #966
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhairbear View Post
We just cancelled our annual WDW trip because we have gone over budget on travel expenses for business trips for our home business. We are lucky we live within driving distance to Disneyland, and now plan to use all of our points staying at VGC, or the hotels over the course of the next year.
We had planned an Aulani trip, but the airfare is unreasonable at this time for us. So, we are planning out 2-3 day trips to DLR over the coming months.
We haven't been to Little Mermaid, or Star Tours yet, or Paradise Gardens. If we can book a villa at VGC, or waitlist one, we'll be ready with a cooler filled with groceries for grilling, or cooking in room, at the last minute.
It's just so relaxing to just hang out at the parks, go on a few attractions, and go home to a villa and cook dinner. A glass of wine, or cocktail, and go back out to DTD, or the parks that stay open late. Wander around the shops, and then back to the villa to sleep in late, heaven.
I have these two big trips planned to WDW but then I'm going to be using my points for DL. I'm in Sacramento but have to adult kids in LA so it makes for a very nice vacation .... a few days with them and a few at DL ....
Old 08-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #967
letitsnow
Mouseketeer

I forgot to mention, I forgot 2 purses in the drawer next to the bed. One had my badge for work. It was never found or turned in =(. Everytime I called they just transferred me to Lost and Found. This went on for one week because I just kept getting voicemail and no one ever returned my phone call.

I was hoping they were just going to mail it to me, but it never turned up.
letitsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:51 AM   #968
marts35
Mouseketeer

Why?

We just returned from our lovely pool view room at the GCV, and I got a text from my DH which said, "Why are we not still at Disneyland?" I didn't have a good answer. Our next trip is planned, but none for next year, yet. It's always hard to leave and always fun to plan the next trip.
I knew all of you would understand.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #969
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Travelzoo special on spa day at GC

Check out this thread about a special Spa deal

I thought some followers of this thread might want to try the spa
Old 09-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #970
JimmyJam838
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info on the Spa Deal. That will make a perfect birthday gift for my wife as we we will be there a couple of days after her birthday.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #971
BradJM
Earning My Ears

My wife and I just bought in at VGC through a resale. We're very excited to be owners at the best DVC resort of the bunch. I've enjoyed this thread and appreciate the bits of wisdom I've been able to pick up while reading.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #972
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJM View Post
My wife and I just bought in at VGC through a resale. We're very excited to be owners at the best DVC resort of the bunch.
Congratulations, and Welcome Home
Old 09-12-2011, 06:59 AM   #973
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJM View Post
My wife and I just bought in at VGC through a resale. We're very excited to be owners at the best DVC resort of the bunch. I've enjoyed this thread and appreciate the bits of wisdom I've been able to pick up while reading.
Welcome Home and great choice!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #974
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhairbear View Post
I'm looking forward to all of this in just 18 days now!

(Although I have been on Star Tours a dozen times and the LM a few as well!)
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #975
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Hi all!
We're booked for January 31st through February 3rd.
We'll have a 1 bedroom. Is there a certain way to request a room where we can see WOC from the room? Or should I just request theme park view?
Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: