DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #751
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
There are 3 villas on the 6th floor, all facing the Paradise Pier.
6500 - 2 bedroom
6502 - 1 bedroom
6504 - studio
The ceilings are standard height.
The balcony in 6504 is open on 2 sides, giving a view of Paradise Pier and also toward Grizzly Rapids.
Cool thanks! I know that somewhere in this thread there's a map of the wing layout floor by floor, but didn't want to hunt for it. Well, maybe one year we'll get 6500. Almost never book studios so probably will never get to see the dual view balcony though it sounds awesome. Anybody on here stayed in 6500 and know if the ceilings are normal height?
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #752
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
The World of Color fastpass distribution for resort guest has changed. Previously, resort guests would enter California Adventure at 9AM and get fastpasses from the machines at Grizzly Rapids (and often immediately return to the hotel).
We lined up at the Grand Californian entrance to California Adventure at 8:30 (after already doing Disneyland Magic Morning). We were second in line, so showing up at 9AM would have been fine. At 9AM, cast members walked down the line and handed out World of Color fastpasses -- they did not check for park tickets or room keys. This is a much more efficient process, taking only a few minutes.
The CMs only have so many FPs to hand out though. We found out the hard way - when the group in front of us was the last group to get FPs (and there were plenty of people behind us too). We got in line at 9:00 for a 10:00 park opening, and our line spot was at WWS.

So we had to wait to get our WOC FPs until we got into the park (slow getting through the security there), which delayed getting on SOC (3 months ago). So we weren't fans of the new process. I'd go line up even earlier now to make sure I got the FP handout.
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #753
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
I know that somewhere in this thread there's a map of the wing layout floor by floor, but didn't want to hunt for it.
1 page version
6 page version

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Anybody on here stayed in 6500 and know if the ceilings are normal height?
I've stayed in 6502, and the ceilings were normal height.
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #754
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71 View Post
The CMs only have so many FPs to hand out though. We found out the hard way - when the group in front of us was the last group to get FPs (and there were plenty of people behind us too). We got in line at 9:00 for a 10:00 park opening, and our line spot was at WWS.
Thanks for the info.
The line at the Grand Californian entrance last Saturday might have been unusually short, since many guests were going to Disneyland for Star Tours.
It is generally a good idea to arrive by 8:30.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #755
frank808
DVC Member

I am staying at the grand cal right now. This morning and the previous mornings, they were still passing out the WOC fast passes. The best part was they did not run out and I got in line at 9:05 and the line was past wws and to the pool gate. The cast members still had a pretty sizeable stack of fast passes to give out.
FWIW the cast members just asked how many passes you needed and did not need to see park tickets (though they did ask to see a room key). I saw one guy ask and get 11 fast passes by himeself.

Last edited by frank808; 06-13-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: wording
frank808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #756
disney4metoo
Mouseketeer

Subscribing
Old 06-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #757
mikeandkarla
DIS Veteran

Just left first stay at VGC!

Wow! We were blown away with the quality of the rooms at VGC. The murphy bed under the tv in the living room really provided more space than a sleeper chair when each was open along with the couch bed. We checked in later in the day so we got a pool view, (requested a park view) we had room 4507. Loved the proximity to DTD, DCA, and DL. I was even lucky enough to score a DVC vinylmation from D-street. The weather was unbelievable. Thiss was our first visit to California. Highs everyday were low to mid 70's,
With the free FP we were given at check in, we were able to ride Star Tours 5times. we had a great time.

SSR , AKV, BWV___HOME SWEET HOME___
2014 VGF, RPR(Universal);2013OKW&BWV;2012 OKW,DCL,BLT,BWV; 2011 VGC,BWV; 2010 BWV&VB,AKV,RPR(Universal); 2009 POR,POP,VB&AKV; 2008 BCV&VB,AKV; 2007 SSR; 2006 ASMO; 2005 ASMU; 2001 ASSP.
mikeandkarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #758
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandkarla View Post
Wow! We were blown away with the quality of the rooms at VGC. The murphy bed under the tv in the living room really provided more space than a sleeper chair when each was open along with the couch bed. We checked in later in the day so we got a pool view, (requested a park view) we had room 4507. Loved the proximity to DTD, DCA, and DL. I was even lucky enough to score a DVC vinylmation from D-street. The weather was unbelievable. Thiss was our first visit to California. Highs everyday were low to mid 70's,
With the free FP we were given at check in, we were able to ride Star Tours 5times. we had a great time.
Sounds like a perfect trip.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #759
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Any one else think that its time for DVC to ratchet up the DVC discount on DL APs? WDW gives a $100 discount and DL only gives $20. According to my records, in 2008, the WDW AP and the DL PAP were both $369 after DVC discount (not including tax on the WDW AP). Now, the WDW AP is $419 and the DL PAP is $479!

If nothing else, it would be nice to see a DL PAP that would be available to DVC members which would not include parking in the Mickey & Friends lot. We stay in hotels or the GCV when we visit and never use the non-hotel parking lots. Just taking away the parking rights should enable DVC to negotiate a price that is $99 less for the PAP.

Do the rest of you buy APs or use the non-hotel parking? -- Suzanne

Last edited by SuzanneSLO; 06-14-2011 at 04:59 PM.
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #760
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

We always park at the hotel.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #761
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
Any one else think that its time for DVC to ratchet up the DVC discount on DL APs? WDW gives a $100 discount and DL only gives $20. According to my records, in 2008, the WDW AP and the DL PAP were both $369 after DVC discount (not including tax on the WDW AP). Now, the WDW AP is $419 and the DL PAP is $479!

If nothing else, it would be nice to see a DL PAP that would be available to DVC members which would not include parking in the Mickey & Friends lot. We stay in hotels or the GCV when we visit and never use the non-hotel parking lots. Just taking away the parking rights should enable DVC to negotiate a price that is $99 less for the PAP.

Do the rest of you buy APs or use the non-hotel parking? -- Suzanne
We don't have a vehicle there since we take the train in and cab to the park. I agree that they should find a way to give us a better AP deal..WDW gets $100 off..that has to be a much larger percentage than our $20 off discount..and nothing on renewals.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #762
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I wish WDW had the restaurant discounts that DL has. Pretty much everywhere has 10% off.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #763
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

I would love a $100 discount on DL APs! Why such a big discount at WDW but not DL?

As for the dining discount, I'm guessing that at WDW you are a captive audience and can't really go anywhere else to grab something to eat. Since DL is smack dab in the middle of a city, there are a lot more places to eat within walking distance, so they offer you the discount to entice you to stay and eat.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #764
jforever52
Mouseketeer

Mandara Spa

Can someone explain the 20% "service charge" the Mandara Spa tacks on to your bill? Is this in lieu of a tip or are you expected to provide a tip in addition to the service charge? Thanks for your help!

April 2006-Disney World All Star Sports;April 2007-Disney World All Star Music; May 2009-Disney World All Star Music; June 2010-Disneyland (Embassey Suites); October 2010-Disneyland (Paradise Pier); February 2011-Disneyland (Disneyland Hotel); May 2011-Disneyland (Grand Californian-Welcome Home!);October 2011-Disneyland (Grand Californian-ADULTS only!); January 2012; June 2012 (mother-son 4 mountain challenge); February 2013 (one day, one wheelchair); October 2013 (Adults Only)

Trip Report(s):

Back to the 'Land After So Many Years-June 2010--Completed]The Yr of the Annual Pass-The year starts October 2010!--Completed
jforever52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:13 AM   #765
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforever52 View Post
Can someone explain the 20% "service charge" the Mandara Spa tacks on to your bill?
It must be to help offset the 10% DVC discount

The lack of mysterious charges is one of the best features of DVC

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: