DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #691
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

If you include alcohol in your order, you will have to be present to sign for it at delivery. We are normally hanging by the pool when they call, waiting for our room to be ready, so it hasn't been a big deal.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #692
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Corn Dog Castle

Corn Dog Castle and Seaside Souvenirs are now open
These 2 shops and Little Mermaid are on the other side of the fence from VGC, so their opening means the end of construction
Goofy's Sky School and the remaining construction in this area will be complete July 1

Go out on your balcony and smell the Corn Dogs
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #693
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

:cheer: I'm going out there for a Star Tours preview! Maybe a corn dog too!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #694
rmonty02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
We ordered stuff for breakfast, lunch, snacks and beer from Von's last November with no problems. We did need to be at our room to sign for the delivery. Now that I think about it, Bell Services called and I went down there to sign for it with the Von's delivery person and Bell Services helped us bring everything to our room.

Have a great trip!!! I can't believe I don't have any DL vacations planned at the moment. My extended family has us doing a couple of cruises instead.
Thanks Ang and boiseflyfisher! I think this is the way to go for this trip. After this trip I don't know when the next one will be maybe I should take your lead and look into the cruises.

Disneyland (many times growing up) with my boys...'07 Disney Hotel...'08 Marriott Newport Beach Villas...'09 VGC...'11 VGC Home!
WDW...Nov'10 AKV-Kidani
Hawaii...Jun'12 Aulani Villas
DCL...Nov'12 Cabo
rmonty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:15 PM   #695
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonty02 View Post
Thanks Ang and boiseflyfisher! I think this is the way to go for this trip. After this trip I don't know when the next one will be maybe I should take your lead and look into the cruises.
Maybe you should, my DGS, DNs & DN loved their first cruise so much they can't wait for next April to go on the Mickey boat again. Now that the Wonder is on the west coast it's much easier/cheaper than flying to Florida.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #696
Smltown96
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
These 2 shops and Little Mermaid are on the other side of the fence from VGC, so their opening means the end of construction
Goofy's Sky School and the remaining construction in this area will be complete July 1

Yeeeeeha! We will be there mid June and can't wait to get a corn dog!

DVC Member Since 7/2010

Smltown96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:07 AM   #697
PoohNFriends
Yes, I'm one of those crazy animal people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonty02 View Post
Hi all! So I'm getting ready for our June trip and wanted to ask about anyone's personal grocery delivery experience from Vons. We always drive and do our own shopping but this time I want to skip that step.

Has your experience been positive and worth while? Is there anything I should keep in mind when placing my order? Like...what are the alcohol rules? Can I use my Safeway club card to get discounts? TIA
We just used Vons for our trip that was at the beginning of the month. I placed my order online late Friday for delivery on Sunday. I think the delivery time(s) available was during a time when we might still have been enroute to VGC so I did not order alcohol since I had read I needed to be there to sign. When I registered I got a code for free shipping; I still keep getting various free shipping codes so PM me if you happen to need one. You can go through your order and mark which item(s) you do not want substituted, which item(s) of a different brand are ok and one last option regarding substitution. I marked all do not substitute except and everything came as ordered. You do not need your Safeway card # because all online orders will include the discounted price ! I would definitely order from them again.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #698
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smltown96 View Post
Yeeeeeha! We will be there mid June and can't wait to get a corn dog!
We had one today! Thanks Nonsuch for clueing us in! Yum!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:19 AM   #699
JimmyJam838
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I just got one today after walking from Midway Mania all the way to the Award Wiener's in the Hollywood Back lot where they told me Corn Dog Castle was open once again. So I had to huff it back to the pier to get my corn dog. It was very delicious.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #700
jforever52
Mouseketeer

Room 4504

We just got back!!! Our visit was May 8th through the 15th. We stayed in a Studio, room 4504 and had an awesome view! They were testing World of Color late at night the whole week we were there...the next week they added an extended Pirates sequence and added Rapunzel to the Princess sequence. I had a feeling they were up to something!

Anyway, here are some pictures of the room:

And at night:

And the BBQ (which doesn't seem to get used very much, but I would highly reccomend):

We had a wonderful 1st stay at our new home and are looking forward to many happy returns.

April 2006-Disney World All Star Sports;April 2007-Disney World All Star Music; May 2009-Disney World All Star Music; June 2010-Disneyland (Embassey Suites); October 2010-Disneyland (Paradise Pier); February 2011-Disneyland (Disneyland Hotel); May 2011-Disneyland (Grand Californian-Welcome Home!);October 2011-Disneyland (Grand Californian-ADULTS only!); January 2012; June 2012 (mother-son 4 mountain challenge); February 2013 (one day, one wheelchair); October 2013 (Adults Only)

Trip Report(s):

Back to the 'Land After So Many Years-June 2010--Completed]The Yr of the Annual Pass-The year starts October 2010!--Completed
jforever52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #701
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! I'm throughly jealous of the view!

Lucille1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #702
kikiq
DIS Veteran

We're here NOW!!! I'm sitting on our balcony, wifi, looking at DCA, I don't know that it gets better than this.

Our villa was ready at 4:07 pm. Came just as my sil was getting into the hot tub and handed me my angry "raisined" toes and fingers DGD. We are NOT in the coveted room 3522, but close And if anyone wants to know WHY it takes so long to clean...the two bedroom villas have 2 floor to ceiling showers that were SPOTLESS. Our villa was spotless according to my sil who is very "anal" about things like that.

The staff has been wonderful. The crib was delivered within 15 minutes. We had some challenges with the dvd player/TV. The engineer was very understanding as he explained it wasn't us, it was the instructions that needed updating. Some villas are different. NOTE: It says turn the tv to channel 92 but really it's changing the input. He noted something in his phone saying that the instructions in our villa had to be changed (who knows when that will happen, so just saying, if you feel technology challenged, try changing the input)

Bringing our Costco run upstairs, people kept looking at the ribs, hamburger, chicken and sausages Told them we were grilling this weekend. Plus for the price of one meal for 9 of us at Storytellers, we eat for the whole weekend. AND my brother and sil love to cook.

This is my DN birthday weekend. They were going to buy 2 day PH, but I talked them into buying the Costco 4 day. She was so excited last night to go on TSMM and watched WOC along the pier at 10:15. My brother said that a CM directed them to a spot, he couldn't describe it well, pulled a bench for them and told them to enjoy. I'll have to find out where he was. He said it was a little sideways but they got wet The rest of us watched from the balcony. My sil actually wants to brave the masses to see it up close even if she has to wait, standing to end up behind some tall guy I might brave it with them because of the new additions and effects.

So far the only "negative" if you want a negative, is that at exactly 7:30 am, the construction for Goofy's Sky School and the new restaurants started up. Ruined the peaceful morning That is more in front of the xx00, xx02 villas. Can't hear it indoors with the doors closed.

Today is pool cabana afternoon and the family gathering tonight. Let me apologize to our neighbors but maybe not the people above us with the kids who are running and crying Just kidding.

Last edited by kikiq; 05-28-2011 at 11:25 AM.
kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #703
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiq View Post
...We are NOT in the coveted room 3522, but close .
I did not know 3522 was "coveted"
Someone would post a WOC view from 3522

Quote:
We had some challenges with the dvd player/TV. The engineer was very understanding as he explained it wasn't us, it was the instructions that needed updating. Some villas are different. NOTE: It says turn the tv to channel 92 but really it's changing the input.
On my last stay, the two TVs had different input selection procedures (although they were the same model). One used channel 9x for enternal inputs, the other used the button on the remote and onscreen menus).

Quote:
So far the only "negative" if you want a negative, is that at exactly 7:30 am, the construction for Goofy's Sky School and the new restaurants started up. Ruined the peaceful morning That is more in front of the xx00, xx02 villas. Can't hear it indoors with the doors closed.
Only one more month of construction
The late night jackhammers during Little Mermaid construction was much worse
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #704
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Our villa was ready at 4:07 pm. Came just as my sil was getting into the hot tub and handed me my angry "raisined" toes and fingers DGD. We are NOT in the coveted room 3522, but close And if anyone wants to know WHY it takes so long to clean...the two bedroom villas have 2 floor to ceiling showers that were SPOTLESS. Our villa was spotless according to my sil who is very "anal" about things like that.
Never wondered about that ... our first stay, shortly after the Villas opened, we were in at 11a. Our second stay we walked in at 2p to room 4500 and the carpet was still wet from being steam cleaned (we just wanted a nap so were a-okay with wet carpet). They really do clean those rooms wonderfully, and totally fine with them taking time to mousekeep the details.
Quote:
This is my DN birthday weekend. They were going to buy 2 day PH, but I talked them into buying the Costco 4 day. She was so excited last night to go on TSMM and watched WOC along the pier at 10:15. My brother said that a CM directed them to a spot, he couldn't describe it well, pulled a bench for them and told them to enjoy. I'll have to find out where he was. He said it was a little sideways but they got wet The rest of us watched from the balcony. My sil actually wants to brave the masses to see it up close even if she has to wait, standing to end up behind some tall guy I might brave it with them because of the new additions and effects.
Once a trip I go downstairs to watch WOC with the masses, because I'm have a touch of crowd-phobia (agitation? I dunno, but I don't like being crammed in by walls of people unless its a really special occasion.) Every time I have gone (including last week), at the end I say "The view from the Villas is better." But that might also be because I love the lasers, which to me are better from the top view to see them dance. So don't feel like you're missing anything by not heading down.
Thanks for the TR! Its awesome that you're able to relax enough to remember to post .... whenever I'm 'home' I almost forget the DIS exists because there's so many rides, shows, people (particularly those we don't get to spend time with the rest of the year since they live far away), demanding my attention. Getting excited about going soon - you'll have to let us know how you like the new LM ride that is in soft opening last I saw on the DL subforum.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #705
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did not know 3522 was "coveted"
Someone would post a WOC view from 3522
Judging from our view (which I'll post as soon as I dl), 3522 view is obstructed some by trees BUT closer to see the projections. We can see the projections from our master bedroom balcony. Didn't tell anyone last night what they were watching and they all knew what characters were being projected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
you'll have to let us know how you like the new LM ride that is in soft opening last I saw on the DL subforum.
I tried to talk some of the group to go upstairs to the viewing area, they were all happy to stay and watch from the villa. They even figured out that they might not see the projections, so they rather have a partially blocked view and see some projections than not see any at all.

We were guests of a CM last week and were able to go to one of the CM previews. I love the LM ride. So many details, the queue has little touches and my DH was very impressed by the "Under the Sea" section. I do wish that there more details at the end to make the ride longer There were CMs surveying people as we came off the ride and that's what I told them. The end was not as strong as the beginning, but still wonderful. We took my DGD (19 mos). She was . When I picked her up from day care the next day, she brought me all the LM books and toys from day care.

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: