DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 12:23 AM   #511
Smltown96
Earning My Ears

Tips

New to these boards and may have missed it but do you as DVC members tips housekeeping on the days you get service? If so how much?

DVC Member Since 7/2010

Smltown96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:48 AM   #512
Longhairbear
DIS Veteran

Today I tried to get a studio 2 night stay during the week anytime in July or August, nothing available. There were a few single days open. I didn't ask about weekends.
Longhairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #513
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhairbear View Post
Today I tried to get a studio 2 night stay during the week anytime in July or August, nothing available. There were a few single days open. I didn't ask about weekends.
I attempted to move our July weekend stay at 8 months and there wasn't a studio available for 2 weekend nights. Getting villas in July and August within the 7 month window is getting harder. It's one of the reasons, we bought VGC points. Our birthday/anniversary stays fall into DLR holiday/vacation dates.

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #514
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
I make room requests with a list of room numbers. The cast member assigning rooms can simply look at the list and find the first available.
Thank you so much so posting the maps and the outside shots.

We haven't ever made a request BUT I'm thinking I might want to this Memorial Day trip. My brother and sil like the first floor because it's close to the grills and the pool. I think I would like a view from the balcony since I'm not going to be much of a park person that weekend. What would you recommend for a dedicated 2 bdrm villa? We're so excited. When we toured the model, my DH said that if they had offered them up as condos, we would have sold our house and moved in

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #515
the donut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smltown96 View Post
New to these boards and may have missed it but do you as DVC members tips housekeeping on the days you get service? If so how much?
This is a good question. I usually leave $10 for a 1 BR and $20 for a 2BR. I can't remember how much we left for the Grand Villa (probably $40?). Should I be embarassed to admit this (am I undertipping?) We do short stays generally, so we just leave the one tip when we check out as it will have been fewer than 4 days.
the donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #516
CrazyDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smltown96 View Post
Being that you are in DVC you won't be getting any daily service. On the 4th day they will come and throw away your trash and change the towels, and that's worth a few bucks... I only tip the day we leave since they have to make the whole room, and I'll leave a little more depending on how many dishes need washing!
CrazyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #517
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiq View Post
...I think I would like a view from the balcony since I'm not going to be much of a park person that weekend. What would you recommend for a dedicated 2 bdrm villa?
3522, 6500, 5506, 5500, 4506, 4500, 3506, 3500, 5518, 4518, 3518

My preference is a Paradise Pier view, and don't like looking at the Pool.
3522 is directly below the Grand Villa, and should have a good angle for World of Color.
6500 is one of the few villas on the 6th floor, but is next to public viewing platform.
5506 has a slightly better angle to World of Color than 5500.
4506, 4500, 3506, 3500 I would not request below the third floor.
5518, 4518, 3518 are Challenge Trail view.

Memorial Day should be a great time to visit. All the construction near the villas will be done, and if you are lucky maybe a soft-opening of Little Mermaid or Star Tours
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #518
DISNEYFOURME
Mouseketeer

Here now and a quick question... We had some garbage from our Vons delivery and such. DH asked housekeeping what to do with 2 bags and he was told to carry them to first floor (with no other instruction). At AKV we had no problem taking trash to the end of the hall but down 3 floors, really? Let me say my DH is a lot of things but not a pompus individual (he usually cleans our room BEFORE housekeeping!!). So upon leaving this morning for DL he noticed all the baskets in the hallway so he left them next to our door (today is our 3rd day here). We came back this afternoon to a note in our door that garbage goes to first floor. I find this rather odd. Perhaps its just us...Now don't kill me...
DISNEYFOURME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #519
CrazyDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My brother and sil like the first floor because it's close to the grills and the pool.
Another nice thing about the first floor rooms is that you don't have to catch the elevator to throw away trash! Also not having to wait for elevators is a plus! I think every room will have it's advantages and disadvantages (face the pool you can see the fireworks, face PPH you can see WOC, high floor better view, low floor quicker access etc..etc...)... I'm there memorial day weekend... see ya 'round the pool!
CrazyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:10 AM   #520
Longhairbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYFOURME View Post
Here now and a quick question... We had some garbage from our Vons delivery and such. DH asked housekeeping what to do with 2 bags and he was told to carry them to first floor (with no other instruction). At AKV we had no problem taking trash to the end of the hall but down 3 floors, really? Let me say my DH is a lot of things but not a pompus individual (he usually cleans our room BEFORE housekeeping!!). So upon leaving this morning for DL he noticed all the baskets in the hallway so he left them next to our door (today is our 3rd day here). We came back this afternoon to a note in our door that garbage goes to first floor. I find this rather odd. Perhaps its just us...Now don't kill me...
That's where the trash room is, you can bring down any recycling too. When I am cooking in the room I usually empty my trash there as I don't want the garbage smells in the room.
House keeping will only take your trash on trash and towel day, otherwise you have to bring it down yourself if you want your trash removed. You can't leave it outside the door.
Longhairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:24 AM   #521
been2marceline
Fish are Food, not Friends!

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
so we can take it slow if crowds are too crazy...
We plan this way to, only way to make sure that we don't get our expectations too high.

Doing a 2br for spring break, we'll see how it goes!
DIS Cruising, Been There, Done That: - 77 Day Eastern - Fantasy Jan '14, Wonder - Nov. '11 MR, 14 Day Magic - Eastern Repo LA - PC Aug. '05 ,7 Day Magic - Western,7 Day Eastern Nov. '07, 4 Day Wonder - What - another one? Thieves Reunion 10/4/14, now it's chronic... 10/15 EBPC!!!

DW DH DD19
been2marceline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:25 AM   #522
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...We came back this afternoon to a note in our door that garbage goes to first floor. I find this rather odd. Perhaps its just us...Now don't kill me...
I have not seen a place to leave trash
Once you take it to the first floor, walk to the lobby and leave the trash with Guest Services
Old 03-24-2011, 01:27 AM   #523
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhairbear View Post
That's where the trash room is, you can bring down any recycling too.
Where is the trash room located?
I need to update my maps
Old 03-24-2011, 02:35 AM   #524
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I attempted to move our July weekend stay at 8 months and there wasn't a studio available for 2 weekend nights. Getting villas in July and August within the 7 month window is getting harder. It's one of the reasons, we bought VGC points. Our birthday/anniversary stays fall into DLR holiday/vacation dates.
I was able to add two nights to the begining of our July 2011 trip at about the 6-month mark (2 bedroom dedicated). I was expecting them to offer a waitlist, but there was availability. I was very surprised.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #525
Lexxiefern
We were blown away
It will be nice to compare the 3

We are hoping to go over Labor day weekend in 2012. Do you think we have a shot at a 1 bedroom at the 7 month window? I know there are only 48 units, how many are 1 bedrooms? We would take a studio if we had to, but I figured those would go before 1 bedrooms.

Thanks for any info!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: